I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

You are right RR, Jefferson County has proven that they can get beat by anyone in the district, but they have also proven that they can hang with anyone. Hopefully the Lady Patriots will get some type of offensive consistency come Wednesday. As for Monday, that could get ugly again. I still believe Maryville is one of the best teams I've seen all season. Maybe I just saw them on a good night though.

Monday gives us one more time to work on adjustments. I saw some good things last night, but it can always get better.

Maryville, according to the Knox Knews, has wrapped up first in thier district. I think they are the closest thing in Districts 3 and 4 to a lock for a Sub State spot. How hard they work Monday will be interesting. They have nothing to prove, and don't need any injuries.

Nice website, by the way. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday gives us one more time to work on adjustments. I saw some good things last night, but it can always get better.

Maryville, according to the Knox Knews, has wrapped up first in thier district. I think they are the closest thing in Districts 3 and 4 to a lock for a Sub State spot. How hard they work Monday will be interesting. They have nothing to prove, and don't need any injuries.

Nice website, by the way. :D

Haha, thanks

Mr. Gentry invested in some new computers and mine came with free Iweb so i thought I would give it a spin :rolleyes: Now its off to Nashville to check out the mighty WP Cyclones.

I heard last night that Coach Potts stated that he has never won a coin toss in his life, so I guess his luck held.

I don't envy East playing Cocke County on thier home floor, but then again, Cocke County might feel the pressure of defending home court.

As we have all been saying, # 2 seed was key, because there is not much difference between 2-6. Who shows up Wednesday with the season on the line?

Jefferson County hosts Maryville Monday night. Does anyone else play another game before the district tournament?

What a month. :rolleyes: January 12th, Jefferson County is leading the conference at 4-0, and leading at halftime at Greeneville.

February 10th, 6th seed in the District Tournament.

But now we can put that all behind us. It is a new season!

The East - Cocke County game will be a blood bath.

East won by 4 at their place. Cocke County came back from the dead to win at their place by 2.

I think East is a better team, but...who knows....The only thing I think is fitting is Greeneville won and everyone finished last.

The tournament would've been a lot more intriguing if this had been the 3-6 game. As for these 2 teams will lay it on the line to face Greeneville, so they are essentially just playing for the regional tournament and a game at either DB/Science Hill or TN High.

West 2

Cherokee 3

East 4

Cocke County 5

Jeff County 6

Schedule of Games

2/14 G1 6 PM - Cocke County (5) vs Morristown East (4)

2/14 G2 7:30 PM - Jefferson County (6) vs Cherokee (3)

2/16 G3 6 PM - Winner of G1 vs Greeneville (1)

2/16 G4 7:30 PM - Winner of G2 vs Morristown West (2)

2/19 G5 6 PM - Loser of G3 vs Loser of G4

2/19 G6 7:30 PM - Winner of G3 vs Winner of G4

Correction

The winner of East/Cocke County will play Greeneville at 7:30 on Friday.

The winner of Cherokee/Jeff Co will play West at 6 pm on Friday

The East - Cocke County game will be a blood bath.

East won by 4 at their place. Cocke County came back from the dead to win at their place by 2.

I think East is a better team, but...who knows....The only thing I think is fitting is Greeneville won and everyone finished last.

The tournament would've been a lot more intriguing if this had been the 3-6 game. As for these 2 teams will lay it on the line to face Greeneville, so they are essentially just playing for the regional tournament and a game at either DB/Science Hill or TN High.

PTS

Why would the tournament be more intriguing if East and Cocke County had been the 3-6 game?

PTS

Why would the tournament be more intriguing if East and Cocke County had been the 3-6 game?

I think the game that will be most competitive...(6 points decided the two games) is just for the right to be Greeneville's punching bag.

Heck, since all five teams finished last...they should've done seperate brackets. Put 2-6 in one....and Greeneville in a bracket by themselves. Whoever emerges from the 2-6 plays Greeneville for all the marbles, or the slaughter or whatever... Would have to draw to see what lone team gets a bye, or could do an overall record tiebreaker, or a personal favorite, the team with the most blown wins gets the tiebreaker.

That would've been more intriguing....or dreadful... depending on the types of ball all five of these teams are capable of playing.

Edited by PTSportsWriter

NICE TO SEE LANE GOT OUT OF HER SCORING FUNK. BUT COCKE COUNTY HAS TO BUT MORE PRESURE ON THE BALL TO GET EASIER BASKETS OFF THIER DEFENCE BUDA SCORING 2 POINTS AIN'T GOING TO GET IT. WITH BRYANT HAVING NO TOUCH AROUND THE RIM DEPEW IS THE ONLY OPTION IN HALF-COURT O.

Sounds like your views are spot on. You must be from Cocke County?

Unless Lane/Lewis are hitting from the wings, they have to find points from somewhere and anywhere. Depew is the only one whos consistent and the only one that can score in a half court offense.

No one really has a touch around the rim outside of Depew. So many countless missed layups or shots around the rim this season and I can count 7 on my hand from memory last night.

But......thats life in this not-very-good IMAC this season