I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

To play in the IMAC and be one of the top 5 players on your team in terms of consistency....you have to be physically strong enough and mentally strong enough.

The style of play is physical and rough - so you have to be physically tough enough for that....and you have to be mentally tough enough to withstand that too.

This is academic...but to be strong you have to hit the weight room and be willing to put in this effort. The player in question here attended, one....count em, one off-season/late summer/early fall strength and conditioning sessions. Meanwhile I heard of at least one or two girls who do not get as much playing time who were there everyday.

Its good to see that their program has a s&c program, which was brought on by a couple of parents who have experience in coaching elementary ball in the area. I remember 2 years ago when they didnt have it and Cocke County's Shawna Ball went up for a layup and Ashley Huff all but knocked her down with one arm. I just hope the players take advantage of the workout programs at Cocke County, they need it to compete consistently because I think its obvious as to who attended these sessions by watching the team this year.

Give the kid a break already. Lewis is a multiple sport athlete for her school(Volleyball and Basketball). She injured her leg playing in the AAU National tournament. (unsure but believe she had a pulled hamstring and a muscle contusion). Doctor's orders were to rest it as much as possible. She went to the mandatory Volleyball/Basketball workouts, and was following instuctions to get herself healthy and ready for her volleyball and basketball seasons.

But i'm sure everyone knew that..... Because everyone on here knows all the information when they start running their mouths.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give the kid a break already. Lewis is a multiple sport athlete for her school(Volleyball and Basketball). She injured her leg playing in the AAU National tournament. (unsure but believe she had a pulled hamstring and a muscle contusion). Doctor's orders were to rest it as much as possible. She went to the mandatory Volleyball/Basketball workouts, and was following instuctions to get herself healthy and ready for her volleyball and basketball seasons.

But i'm sure everyone knew that..... Because everyone on here knows all the information when they start running their mouths.

Late-night drama...even better than early morning :thumb:

I think it will be tough for Greeneville to win Districts. Teams have played them close, and it is difficult to beat the same team 3 times in a row.

Sorry but the only team that really had a good chance to beat them was Morristown East. Morriston West also had a chance when they played at Greeneville. For some reason it is hard for people to just say hey Greeneville has a good team. Lets give them the respect and go on. Last year people gave West their respect. They were the team in the I-MAC. Greeneville had difficulty when they played them last year, but you never saw anyone say that Morristown would not win district or that Morristown was overrated. But like everyone says: "It aint Easy being Greene!!!"

I do believe that the only two teams that have a good shot at beating Greeneville will be the Cocke County/Morristown East winner. Then again that is why everyone plays the game. You never know what happens come tournament time. I know that when we go to the regional the I-MAC has a chance to upset some Big 9 teams. Good luck to everyone this week.

Sorry but the only team that really had a good chance to beat them was Morristown East. Morriston West also had a chance when they played at Greeneville. For some reason it is hard for people to just say hey Greeneville has a good team. Lets give them the respect and go on. Last year people gave West their respect. They were the team in the I-MAC. Greeneville had difficulty when they played them last year, but you never saw anyone say that Morristown would not win district or that Morristown was overrated. But like everyone says: "It aint Easy being Greene!!!"

I do believe that the only two teams that have a good shot at beating Greeneville will be the Cocke County/Morristown East winner. Then again that is why everyone plays the game. You never know what happens come tournament time. I know that when we go to the regional the I-MAC has a chance to upset some Big 9 teams. Good luck to everyone this week.

If East and Cocke County is like the 1st two games this year, both may spend too much energy to be as competitive in the semifinals.

Nice feature WBIR had on Greeneville last night. At least someone will quote Crumbley... B)

If East and Cocke County is like the 1st two games this year, both may spend too much energy to be as competitive in the semifinals.

Nice feature WBIR had on Greeneville last night. At least someone will quote Crumbley... B)

Whooooooooa Canes.

Nobody's gettin' by my mighty, mighty ROOOOOOOSTERS, ain't that right PTS!!!!

Eventually Newport's gotta get a call. RIGHT?

Edited by bradnessler

Whooooooooa Canes.

Nobody's gettin' by my mighty, mighty ROOOOOOOSTERS, ain't that right PTS!!!!

Eventually Newport's gotta get a call. RIGHT?

Cocke County just has to go out and play a good game thats an all-around game.

Both times they've played East, they've not played a good game. The first time around, Depew saved them with 28 points and Buda had a heck of a game-winning basket.

The team performance saw more distribution in scoring the 2nd time around, but the team shot poorly. Nineteen percent shooting isnt going to win a game.

The Lady Red will need to contain Leah Leeper and get Orrick in early foul trouble.