Fulton at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea its goin to be a GREAT game, even tho i havent seen PC play...they are 10-3 tho so thats sayin alot about them rite there...Anyway there is alot of talk bout Rogan and Freeney but you all have to remember that Fultons got secret weapons in #4 Smith and #3 Cobb, plus others... everyone is just mentionin tha seniors, dont forget bout these juniors....... FHS 32 PCHS 14

That's right cbarkley. :lol:

And Region 7 was better.

Region 7-3A will get their opportunity to prove you right this week against Lipscomb because I know that Region 4-3A has four or five excellent teams. Fulton is the definition of a great team and they proved that in their wins over Alcoa, Carter, and Knoxville Catholic (three unblemished teams otherwise).

Region 7-3A will get their opportunity to prove you right this week against Lipscomb because I know that Region 4-3A has four or five excellent teams. Fulton is the definition of a great team and they proved that in their wins over Alcoa, Carter, and Knoxville Catholic (three unblemished teams otherwise).

Crazy thing is I like Lipscomb in that game.

I don't know a ton about Pearl Cohn, but I find it hard that they have anything close to the playmakers that Fulton can counter with with Rogan and Freeney. (Personally I think Freeney is the best athlete on their team.)

Plus, Fulton's defense is FAST. Not quick, FAST. Only one player in the state this year has been able to do anything against them, and that is one of the three top prospects in the state.

If Fulton shows up to play, I just don't see them losing.

Well.....to be honest, I don't know anything about Pearl-Cohn, but that they are an athletic team. I think the fact that Fulton has 21 seniors on the team, most of whom have been to Murfreesboro twice, will be the difference in this ballgame. It's one thing to get to the 4th round, it's another thing to take it to another level and get to the 'Boro. Big Country, you say you watched PC play and saw Fulton play Alcoa on CSS......so you're taking PC over the Falcons. My question is, was the Firebirds playing a team of the caliber of Alcoa? Because if they were, I find that extremely hard to believe. Alcoa has as good a team as anyone in the state, any classification, so obviously, it made it tough for Fulton to run all over the field and look dominating, but they won, on the road. The Falcons also came from behind Friday night, on the road, at Catholic, to get the victory against the #1 team in the state. PC may have athletes, but so does Fulton, all over the field. Rogan, Freeney, Cobb, V.Smith, Humphrey, Mathis, Hamilton, Higgins, Winters, Gildner, Stokes, Stinson; I mean...the Falcons are a very athletic football team and I promise you, they'll be the most athletic team, and fastest team, PC has seen this year. I just do not think Fulton will be denied, not at this point.

Edited by Road2Three

8Im not real familiar with the fulton boys, however i am all too familiar with pearl. I played for sycamore and they arent a fluke or a joke. TRUE CONTENDERS! They have alot of dangerous players and a defense that will flat out get to the ball. I think pearl is gonna make some noise in this one. look for a close physical game. Fulton is physical right. if not its already over. From a sycamore player (#9) best of luck pearl and bring it home for 4-3a!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Not only are one of the most athletic teams you will see but they are one of the hardest hitting teams I've seen. Freeny and Rogan will not only make plays they will bring the wood on D. And I'm not even going to mention Hamilton or Cobb b/c you will find out soon enough.

Well.....to be honest, I don't know anything about Pearl-Cohn, but that they are an athletic team. I think the fact that Fulton has 21 seniors on the team, most of whom have been to Murfreesboro twice, will be the difference in this ballgame. It's one thing to get to the 4th round, it's another thing to take it to another level and get to the 'Boro. Big Country, you say you watched PC play and saw Fulton play Alcoa on CSS......so you're taking PC over the Falcons. My question is, was the Firebirds playing a team of the caliber of Alcoa? Because if they were, I find that extremely hard to believe. Alcoa has as good a team as anyone in the state, any classification, so obviously, it made it tough for Fulton to run all over the field and look dominating, but they won, on the road. The Falcons also came from behind Friday night, on the road, at Catholic, to get the victory against the #1 team in the state. PC may have athletes, but so does Fulton, all over the field. Rogan, Freeney, Cobb, V.Smith, Humphrey, Mathis, Hamilton, Higgins, Winters, Gildner, Stokes, Stinson; I mean...the Falcons are a very athletic football team and I promise you, they'll be the most athletic team, and fastest team, PC has seen this year. I just do not think Fulton will be denied, not at this point.

Well let's see here:

Overton: they finished 6-5 (THE BEST TEAM IN THE ENTIRE STATE THAT MISSED OUT ON THE POSTSEASON IN ANY CLASS) and wound up with wins over Antioch & Independence just to name a few. They had excellent size up front and had a tremendous player at running back in Daniel White (who rushed for 1,500+ yards this year). Pearl-Cohn beat them 30-26.

Macon Co.: they finished the year at 5-5 overall and lost out on the playoffs due to a tiebreaker scenario. The tiebreaker they lost out on was due to a 32-27 loss to Sycamore (a state quarterfinalist) and I guarantee anyone that they were the best team in 3A that did not qualify for the playoffs (as the same can be said for last year's Anderson Co. bunch). They ran a spread attack and threw the football all over the yard very effectively this year. Pearl-Cohn shut down that passing attack and beat them 42-2.

White House: the '97 state champs finished the year at 7-5 and eliminated one of the east's premiere teams in Notre Dame. They had a 1,000+ yard back in Justin West who broke the 100 yard mark against PC the first time those two teams played HOWEVER when they played in the rematch PC held him in check. The Firebirds cruised past them 29-9 in the second round of the playoffs (avenging the earlier loss).

Sycamore: they finished at 9-4 and had a duo in the backfield that had two guys rush for 1,000+ yards (one went over 1,400) in Matt Carrigan and Austin Lohin. Did I mention that they were also a spread team that could throw the football very efficiently through the air???? Pearl-Cohn beat them 28-21 (after trailing in that one 21-0 at one point early in the second quarter) & 32-18.

Station Camp: they finished the year at 10-2 and were unbeaten when PC came to town and gave them their first defeat of the year on Senior Night in week ten. Their running back, Randall Toney, rushed for 1,700+ yards this year and is a finalist for the Mr. Football Back Award in Class 3A. Pearl held him to a whopping 14 yards on 12 rushing attempts and held his team offensively to a total of 3 first downs and won the game 21-16 to hand them their first loss of the year.

THOSE ARE FIVE PRETTY DARN GOOD FOOTBALL TEAMS THAT I PROMISE YOU THAT PEARL-COHN DIDN'T JUST BEAT ACCIDENTLY :thumb:

The same can be said for Fulton's schedule as well. They have wins over Carter, Alcoa, AE, Tyner, & Knoxville Catholic (who I'd compare to being PC's version of WH since they avenged the earlier loss back during the regular season). Tailback Dennis Rogan finished the regular season with 1,700+ yards and 29TD's by my count and I'm sure those totals are now well over 2,000 yards and 30+TD's since the three postseason games have been played. They are a great team and I look forward to seeing them for the first time in person next week in Nashville. It should be entertaining!!!

As far as Alcoa goes:

Without a doubt they are a great football team that has a great shot to 3-PEAT. They came out and hit Fulton in the mouth early and the Falcons showed great character in the way that they responded and rallied to get the victory. That game however did include a player for Fulton who was the "Player of the Game" in my view in Jack Wagner. Is he a Falcon now?????? Jock Stinson got rattled early in that one and after a couple of huge mistakes Coatney did a great job of going with Wagner who responded huge. That screen pass to Rogan that went the distance right before the half was without a doubt the biggest play in that game. Stinson has improved a lot since then I'm sure HOWEVER he'll have to prove it on the field once again this week for Fulton to come away victorious. The PC defense has the size and athletes that just isn't going to allow Fulton to ram it down their throats all night long as they have against some of the other teams on their schedule thus far this year. Fulton would never have beaten Alcoa or Knoxville Catholic without a true threat in the passing game and that trend will have to continue to be the case if they wish to beat Pearl-Cohn.

Edited by Big Country

5 teams fulton beat this year:

Austin East- Losses only to red bank(undefeated until losing to maryville last week in the 3rd round) fulton and catholic.Extremely athletic and had IMO the best QB in knoxville, and one of the best in the state.(a fulton transfer). They also had Anthony Anderson, an all purpose threat at primarily wr and db.He is committed to UT. fulton rolled and won it with ease.

Alcoa- 11-2 with losses only to undefeated 4a powerhouse maryvilleby 3, and fulton by 4. This is the a team that beat mccallie, another elite program in the state, and WILL win the title in 2a. You can count on it. Alcoa has 2 d1 prospects at reciever and both were shut down most of the night.

Catholic- 12-1 only loss to fulton 18-13. Beat the falcons in the first match-up 27-14 on a controversial call that swung a 2 td difference their way. Catholic beat several sound programs. Webb being one of them(d2 runner up i believe) Harrison smith was shut down in the running game but beat the falcons with his recieving. More then likely he will either go to UT or Notre Dame. I heard Boston College is in the mix now as well. The 2nd time around he was shut down completely and seemed almost non-existant.

Carter-12-2 was ranked in the top 10 in 3a most of the year. Fulton handed them both of their losses by a combined score of 92-10 i think. Carter was a solid run and throw team.

Tyner- not sure of the record, but a premier team from chattanooga. very athletic, and physical.

i have been in knoxville all fall and im from nashville. ive seen both teams this year. pearl cohn is nashvilles version of fulton. both loaded with athletes and playmakers. both teams have great coaching staffs. both teams have good RB's (however rogan is clearly the better of the two). both teams have speed speed and more speed on defense. not only is PC defense fast but they ALL go to the ball and they make it a point to lay the wood on u. i saw ALOT of big hits on friday night. PC line is a little inconsistent at times but if they r on, watch out. the difference in this game will be that PC clearly has the better QB as well as their WR, #5. ive been around HS football for a while and i was in disbelief when i saw him. 6'5 230 and runs a 4.4. ran a punt back 90 yards where he broke several tackles, caught a pass and easily outran the defense, and caught a ball thrown up so high i thought i would be able to catch it by the water coolers. if any team has the athletes to stop him its fulton, but either way this game is going to be close because both teams playmakers will make their plays. no idea about the score, but i like PC in this one.

big country, ill be home for thanksgiving break and thought about heading up there, r u gonna be at the game?

Fulton wins this game on experience of being here before. Not only do they have some great athlete's but they have big game experience. Fulton was runner up in 02.... won the Gold in 03 and 04. And IMO had the best team and should have won in 05 but their QB was kicked off the team before the season started. The coaching staff is one of the best anywhere and should be commended on the way they run their program. I have the utmost respect for coach Coatney and staff for the way they disipline their players. If the players mess up then they pay the consequences for their actions. And as for SOS ..Fulton plays one of the hardest schedules every year. I don't believe PC has a team on their schedule that is as good as Alcoa or Maryville but who does. Throw in Catholic- Austin East and you see the caliber of teams they play and beat every year. Not disssing PC but they have not played a team like Fulton. I'm not saying it's impossible to beat Fulton but it will take their best effort this year and that still might not be good enough. Good Luck Edited by Rocking Chair

If you were to take and hand pick the two most athletic teams in all of Class 3A from top-to-bottom then I'm sure that most would put both of these football programs right at the top of their list.

Pearl-Cohn: 10-3 overall (Champions of Region 4-3A)

Fulton: 12-1 overall (Region 2-3A Runner-Up): they avenged that loss tonight.

Both teams have talented backs that can get it done on the ground. Both teams have athletes all over the field defensively that will make their fair share of plays. Both teams have struggling kicking games. What both teams don't have is equal passing attacks. That is what I believe the difference in this one will ultimately be in the end and that's why I'm going with the Firebirds at home.

Pearl-Cohn: 20

Fulton: 14

HINT: Nobody put an odd number in the column when making a score prediction for this one please because both teams will, likely go for two every time they reach the endzone ;)

PC. Don't play wit it. haha. You have to watch out for PC. You know what I'm talking about. Inside peanut butter outside jelly. You know PC they are riding spinners and they don't stop. Coach Brunetti will have these boys ready to play. Plus it is at PC's place so that is somewhat of an advantage...... or is it..???.... It will be a good game good luck to both teams.

PC: 26

Fulton: 20

P.S. Don't eat at the concession stand. It's roadkill day.

Uh, I say EAST TENNESSEE will bring home another GOLD BALL in 3A. OH no, did I actually say that? YES I DID. I'm not a FUlton fan and many of you know that already but I think with the victory last week at Catholic, that has gave Fulton the strength and ability to TCB. My good friend was really looking down upon the Falcons last week but I say 1 more GOLD BALL will be returning to Broadway. UGGGG I just don't like the sound of that but my hat is off to the Falcons.

I've been into basketball for 2 weeks now and I'm enjoying it so forget football until August 2007. LOL Man, I just hate the that my boys could be playing this week but they're not...