Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

The matchup everyone has been waiting for all year...both teams are very good...Alcoa has the "To be the best you gotta beat the best/beast" attitude, and are more than likely intitled to it, as they are a very good team again this year. Goodpasture has not yet tasted defeat, and they sure don't wanna start now. I'm already seeing a great game next week in the Buro...not the same game as last year...I can't make a prediction on this one yet...

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The matchup everyone has been waiting for all year...both teams are very good...Alcoa has the "To be the best you gotta beat the best/beast" attitude, and are more than likely intitled to it, as they are a very good team again this year. Goodpasture has not yet tasted defeat, and they sure don't wanna start now. I'm already seeing a great game next week in the Buro...not the same game as last year...I can't make a prediction on this one yet...

this milan fan will make no prediction either. will be rooting for goodpasture to pull the big upset over alcoa saturday at the boro. GOD BLESS1

Should be an interesting matchup. The speed has not changed in regards to Alcoa's abilities. What has changed is that Alcoa does not have two "stud" defensive tackles like Martin White and Mark Avery. Last year, all they had to do was stalemate the Wing T, just keep them from grinding it out. Goodpasture's defense was totally overwhelmed by the speed. They just couldn't keep up with the pace of Alcoa's offense. Can this happen again, I don't know? It is the best Clinic Bowl matchup IMHO.

Should be an interesting matchup. The speed has not changed in regards to Alcoa's abilities. What has changed is that Alcoa does not have two "stud" defensive tackles like Martin White and Mark Avery. Last year, all they had to do was stalemate the Wing T, just keep them from grinding it out. Goodpasture's defense was totally overwhelmed by the speed. They just couldn't keep up with the pace of Alcoa's offense. Can this happen again, I don't know? It is the best Clinic Bowl matchup IMHO.

Goodpastures Defense has improved in leaps and bounds from last year, and improved every game this year. The D line is a very physical line, both for GP and Alcoa, as is the O line for both teams. Goodpastures 7 backs all compliment each other, but Shiverdecker is one heck of a back, prolly the best in 2A...I can't wait for this one...great game coming!

you also forgot though that we still have the defence MVP from last year's state game Bart. and the D-line looked the best they have in awile.

Alcoa has a great football team. Saw that first hand tonight. I wouldn't want to see the team that Alcoa couldn't compete with in any classification in the state. They may be able to win any match-up with any team that plays in the Boro next weekend or played in the Boro last weekend. I was thoroughly impressed. Good Luck Tornadoes. Not that I think you will need it.