Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA/GP............Alcoa played B.T. Washington on Thursday.

GP is big! I'll give them that!

GP better come up with something better than jet sweep right, jet sweep left! Alcoa got WAY to much speed! Alcoa's DE's and Bart Hicks will have a field day!

-BlountCountySportsFan

Well, anyone know that when the field is soaked it's hard to run. If your basing your facts off that you got another thing comming. And westtn2004state we have plenty of seats for the Milan fans.

Edited by thekid2000

I had the privilege of watching both teams play this year. Both teams are 3a ,if not 4a,caliber teams.Everyone knows that GP is a private school,who recuits its players,and some say that they also control the number of student enrollment,so they can always stay in 2a.I really don't know,but that is what is said.Alcoa has a "open zone",bascically no one really knows what can be done about that.Don't have and never will have a answer,because that is up to TSSAA.Everyone knows they are not going to do anything.Basically what I'm saying is these two teams are HUGE fish playing in a little pond.So whoever wins the GOLD ball,be proud,you won it from TRUE 2a teams,your records prove that all year.

I haven't seen GP play this year, but can they be that much better than last year's team?? I hope they are better, because that got real ugly!! The only way I see GP keeping this game close is if they control the clock and cause TOs. Alcoa's speed on turf is unreal! No one on GPs team can keep up with Shivy! Alcoa by 21!

1. Yes, they are much better than last year's team.

2. Milan dominated the clock yet were outscored because GP scored, 4 times in the 2nd half, only 1 drive required more than 3 plays.

3. And yes they create turnovers - just ask Milan.

Edited by oknative

No one gets to this game by accident, and GP doesn't recruit. Not unless you count 2nd and 3rd graders. All 19 seniors this year, were juniors last year - and there aren't any new players who happened to have been recruited. At $6,000 per year, its not the students who are making the decisions to attend, its the parents.

doesn't recuit uh,several years ago they tried to "not recuit"my little brother and a very talented,fast running back to leave their home school and come and play at GP. As I said THEY RECUIT.....

doesn't recuit uh,several years ago they tried to "not recuit"my little brother and a very talented,fast running back to leave their home school and come and play at GP. As I said THEY RECUIT.....

ok, ok, anyone can get on here and lie about something happening. it's not like you have to hold your poker face or anything, all you do is type whatever. if goodpasture tried "to recruit" your little brother and one other player i have two questions.

1) If that were to be researched, saying you named a name or something and actually gave facts, would that story hold to be true?

2) If Goodpasture was trying "to recruit" your brother, why would you not be smart enough to send him to a winning program?

of course the second question is hypethetical because goodpasture doesn't recruit, but good try.

Both teams have so much speed. Goodpasture has so much depth at running back that they could afford to lose three or four strings and still have plenty of stability. Alcoa, well what can you say, they reload every year and they are definitely supposed to be favored by all means. I'm saying this year is the year for Goodpasture though as they win it 35-28.

:) Posts like this one amazes me. Yep.....lose three or four stings.... :) That is just funny.

Like I said earlier.....this will be thumping. Alcoa can name the score.