Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressive win! Congratulations on another great season. I love watching you guys play. Wow! Cobb was on his game! He has really matured and developed as a field general. I'm glad Maryville played Alcoa early, could have been a different story. Are they still talking about moving the '07 game to week 5?

Goodpasture played tough. What a powerful running game! I suspect the Cougars will be back in it next year. Thought at the end, the big men going both ways (Fisher, Groves) made it harder to keep the same level of intensity.

I have to give my wife credit. She told one of the Goodpasture players' parents, "They (Goodpasture) won't score a touchdown!" Bold prediction! Now I am going to get her to pick some Powerball numbers!

Great Job Alcoa! Now it's the Rebels turn to hold up the "Twin City Tradition" and bring home another Gold ball. Go Rebs!

Yeah pal actually I do, i used to work for the TSSAA, enrollment isnt the only thing that determines what classification you are.

Please explain: Don't use opinion use facts from the TSSAA rule book on how, if a team wins, you (THE TSSAA) make them move up.

Is it called the Alcoa rule?

Now I know why the TSSAA is so messed up. So "Pal" if you are no longer with the TSSAA, who takes out the trash and works in the mailroom.

Congratulations to the Alcoa Tornados and Coach Rankin.

Edited by Red Rebels

Agree, Alcoa a very impressive win! Congratulations on another great season and playing a full 4 qtrs of championship football. GP had their chances and failed. To quote Goodpasture coach Martin "Too many missed opportunities", "Missed opportunity after missed opportunity. I have to agree. That and the lack of pass coverage in the secondary. Goodpasture could not get a break, not even from the officials. They got a real bad spot on two or three occasions. But I don’t think it would have mattered. Alcoa was a very dominate football team last night especially on the offensive side of the ball. The play mix and Cobb's performance was MVP like. GP was able to shove Alcoa off the ball with its power running game most of the night but when they got to the red zone they could not get it done as Alcoa's D stiffened. GP tried to pass deep and paid for it in Int's. GP also could not gain any advantage in the special team’s area as well with a few bad short punts that gave Alcoa field position. Not that Alcoa needed a break, they made their own. Don’t understand why Rankin did not sub in the last qtr and give some of the younger kids a chance to play in the game because I really felt the game was in hand early in the 4th.

Nonetheless great team win solid win, solid team performance and Congratulations on the 3-peat and enjoy your day, I hope I’ll enjoy mine. Go Reb’s.

Drive safe

Goodpasture was improved this year, they only lost by 28 this time!!!

Win with class and don't be a turd. :thumb:

Congrats to Alcoa. That team could play with anybody in any classification as far as I'm concerned. I think the thing that most surprised me was the Tornado line play. They were much smaller but got a really good push off the ball on offense and pretty much shut Goodpasture's run down when it mattered. I thought Goodpasture could hang with this team, but I was dead wrong. Great season Alcoa and Goodpasture.

A BIG congrats should go out to Alcoa's Defensive Coach Brian Nix ! :thumb:

The changes he make at half was the difference in this game. Alcoa came back out and shut down GP. 3 and out! The LB play from Hicks, Hodges and Green was great.

Coach Nix told them to attack the hole and not wait. Great results!

Alcoa's line was under sized by 35-40 pounds on both sides of the ball, but more than held their own, holding a team that was avg. over 40 point to just 3 points! GP ran to the opposite side of Rae Sykes all night. Also Sykes prevented GP's QB anytime to get a passing game going.

I knew the Offense would have good sucess and score in the 30's..........................the shocker was Alcoa's "D" :lol:

Now...........Fulton and Maryville finish them off and bring the Gold EAST!

-BlountCountySportsFan

Tired of the talk about the handshake....I knew when the issue came up suddenly Alcoa would act like they are so classy and would never do it!Now after the game is over yall bash GP.I guess some of you old fools on here need to learn from the kids after the game they shock hands and didnt talk trash or fight but realized it ewas a game!It was not a blowout look at the stats.GP was about 4 plays from being state champs but thats football.Congrats to Alcoa on a hard fought win.Congrats to Goodpasture on a great year.It was closer than the score reaveled!

.GP was about 4 plays from being state champs but thats football.It was closer than the score reaveled!

How about you go off a learn something about football, THEN come on here!

If Goodpasture ever wants to WIN a championship, they are going to have to get MUCH more balanced offensively. They where VERY one dimensional.

They are light-years from "4 plays from being state champs" :thumb:

-BlountCountySportsFan

P.S. Also you need to change your name to "The2" :lol:

The same 4 plays made us the champs...There was no taunting cheers from the fans or any nonsense like that. We acted like we have been there before because we have...WE ARE ALCOA! and was the game closer than the score?? we won both halfs...Two halfs equal a whole as in a whole team effort! Brian Nix, please do not go anywhere the kids of ALCOA need you. Your positive influence along with Coach Rankin's discipline was the difference in making it to the dance and winning the game. Thanks to all of you seniors, coaches Adams, Talley, Riley, Dunkin, Henry, Harris, Gamble, Brooks. See you in the Boro again next year!

P.S. Pass the spray paint!

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge