Hillsboro and Maryville

LipscombBall3r

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pulled in and man what a game! I got so much to say about "THE PROGRAM" the kids and the staff but I am so tired. I bet Hillsboro is wore out too. There can be little doubt about who the best team in the state is after that game. Dominance. Both teams played physical, with class, sportsmanship and heart. Maryville again systematically destroyed another undefeated team’s game plan and wore a larger more athletic team down. There were few penalties or turnovers, just a hard fought HS football game.

If this coaching staff stays put, where do we go from here? The winningest Public High School Football Program in the state and in a class all it's own has broken the hearts of another hard working group of Football players from Hillsboro.

The Maryville Red Rebels the best bar none!

Great job, GQ and Company you are what you began the season as Undefeated Defending 4A State Champions.

Edited by FBEmeritus

If this coaching staff stays put, where do we go from here?

5A

And I'm not saying this to say Maryville wouldn't be successful in 5A, I'm just saying I think the next logical step if 4A is becoming stagnat is to go to 5A.

The winningest Public High School Football Program in the state [/url].

This title actually belongs to Dobyns-Bennett.

Congrats to the Red Rebels. Yesterday was the first time I seen them play in person this year, and they were even better than advertised.

The offense....wow. I think I was more amzed by the fact that GQ did not wear a headset nor did he have any kind of sheet listing playcall scnerios. That guy is as good as they come.

Defensively, I felt sorry for Hillsbrough's QB. Maryville's D-line dominated that game from start to finish. I was very impressed by their effort.

I was somewhat disappointed by Hillsborough. I can't imagine they were able to go 14-0 dropping that many passes and other little stuff. The looked talented, but absolutely lost on defense against Maryville's passing attack. I also don't understand why they did not focus on running the ball more. That seemed to be working much better than the passing game. That one befuzzled me.

Congrats to the Red Rebels! I don't care if a school is public, private, their size, whatever, there is not a team in Tennessee that I think can beat Maryville.

Blount County Football is the best! But whats with Wm Blount's Meadows? He sat there on High School Heros and looked like he couldn't wait to pick Hillsboro over Maryville. Didn't give a legible reason. He just mumbled.

I think we need to explore the fact that Meadows picked Hillsboro over Maryville on live TV (that gets replayed over and over and over). Stanton Stevens was on there too. He said that Hillboro was good and might be able to beat Maryville, but he picked Maryville. Meadows said something about, calling a coaching friend in Middle Tennessee who knew about Hillsboro and then he made his pick Hillsboro. Then he just kinda sat there and mumbled. And smirked. Didn't come across too well on the tube. I don't think Mark Packer could believe it. This little episode was mentioned to the team during practice this week.