Question for 1A fans that want a split

well, I don't know about TC in the two other sports, but PC's football is a young program just finished up it's 10th year as a sport in the school, last 6 years under almost the same staff,(Rick Rice the first 5, then Bronson Bradey this last season, but he was an asst under Rice the whole time he was here) Improving every year. Coaching continuity, Baseball...well no comment lol

1AMAN....Perry County is an improving team. Serious questions here...Do you think that Perry County boys are any different from boys that grew up in Trousdale? Are Trousdale kids just naturally better athletes for some reason then Perry County kids?

What do you think separates Perry County from being a Trousdale?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1AMAN....Perry County is an improving team. Serious questions here...Do you think that Perry County boys are any different from boys that grew up in Trousdale? Are Trousdale kids just naturally better athletes for some reason then Perry County kids?

What do you think separates Perry County from being a Trousdale?

we got as many athletes as any one else of about our size, on average year in and year out, But TC's coaching sticking around for year after year, and just the tradition that everyone wants to play football is the only difference I see, We haven't been around long enough for some home grown coaches to come back in yet

By the way, glad you got rid of Alfred lol

Edited by 1AMAN

With a school like Trousdale County having such a great football tradition and winning so many state championships just how good are their other sports? Do they get to the state tournament in basketball and baseball? How many of the Trousdale County starting football players play other sports? What I have found with schools that have great teams in one sport is that the best athletes in the school only play that sport and they work year around on that one sport.

With a school like Trousdale County having such a great football tradition and winning so many state championships just how good are their other sports? Do they get to the state tournament in basketball and baseball? How many of the Trousdale County starting football players play other sports? What I have found with schools that have great teams in one sport is that the best athletes in the school only play that sport and they work year around on that one sport.

Their baseball team has been to the State Tourney for the last 2 years with previous success too.

Having just read this thread from beginning to end, there are some interesting

comments regarding Trousdale. There are two things that are king in TC;

football & tobacco, in that order. This county lives, breathes, lives or dies

for Fri. nite on the Creekbank. This has been going on for who knows how long.

The community support for the Jackets is remarkable. They have a very much

involved QB club, that helps out in many ways, including financial..facilities,

etc. They have a very good following, as you can see if you have been to a

home or away game. This brings in additional funds many teams don't see.

This also translates into more or better training equipment. the school system

itself supports the effort. New stadium lites this yr. for one ex.

Beyond that, the number one reason, IMO, is Clint Satterfield, and his Dad

before him. Coach takes his few ( usually 30 or less ), kids & works their

butts off from beginning to end. If you can't handle that, you don't play. If

you get p....ed off about something & walk off the field, no one is going to go

looking for you. It really takes a lot of dedication to make it thru what they

go thru. Several of the coaches are local, tho not all, but have been there for yrs.

Clint just seems to find a way to take what he has, & put them in a position

to get the most out of them, year in & year out. I have watched these guys @

practice, and reminds me somewhat of basic training. It ain't easy!

Tradition makes these boys not want to quit & break the chain.

As for the private / public thing, my "personal" opinion is they should be split.

I do not hate privates, I just don't like the way they do business. Put any kind

of spin on it you like, they can & do bring in players. I've never understood

why privates even want to play publics. Put everyone in their own element

and let them do their thing.

As for the private / public thing, my "personal" opinion is they should be split.

I do not hate privates, I just don't like the way they do business. Put any kind

of spin on it you like, they can & do bring in players. I've never understood

why privates even want to play publics. Put everyone in their own element

and let them do their thing.

No spin...although you did a good job. Name 1 player that a small private has "brought in"...assuming you mean that as a euphemism for "recruited for athletic purposes".

Do you assume all privates are alike?

Would you be for "putting everyone in their own element" if we were talking about black vs white athletes?

Since the privates and publics in Tennessee have always played together, shouldn't it be the other side asking why the publics suddenly don't want to play the privates? Maybe you should ask you coach why he hates playing privates so much even though he has a better record than any of them.

No spin...although you did a good job. Name 1 player that a small private has "brought in"...assuming you mean that as a euphemism for "recruited for athletic purposes".

Would you be for "putting everyone in their own element" if we were talking about black vs white athletes?

Since the privates and publics in Tennessee have always played together, shouldn't it be the other side asking why the publics suddenly don't want to play the privates? Maybe you should ask you coach why he hates playing privates so much even though he has a better record than any of them.

Name 1.....standard response... I don't have access to the records, you

probably don't either....anyone that thinks they don't do this is very naive.

This year alone, if you read the Temple thread after their loss, stated by

their sports director, when asked about the team for 2007, :We have a dozen

transfers coming in". FCS, on their website states they have students from

9 counties.

If you can look at the schools of this size/enrollment, compared to the ratio

of football players compared to public schools like TC, G'ville, W'town, etc.

and tell people with a straight face there isn't some "bringing in" going on

here, you are a better storyteller than me.

You guys can make your same old argument as long as you like, but it's

so obvious it's ridiculous.

I don't recall mentioning race. I referred to putting publics in their division &

privates in theirs. I have yet to hear a good reason why privates even want

to play public.

Lastly, I don't have to ask my coach why he hates privates. I don't know

that he does "hate" privates. He dislikes playing them for the same reasons

everyone else does. If you read this thread, you have figured out I am not alone

here. The playing field is not level, no secret, tho denied.

True, Clint & TC has had more than their share of wins vs privates. FCS won

this yr. for the first time in a couple of decades....no fear element here...just

unfair advantage.

One more thing....publics haven't "suddenly" came to not wanting to play

privates......maybe this is new to you.....been that way for years.

I can name one that went from a private to a public ... in fact the public was TC. ;)

I can name one that went from a private to a public ... in fact the public was TC. B)

And that would no doubt be the much quoted move from DCA to TC. How

many years ago was that? Just for arguments' sake, let's say that Clint

went to his house, recruited him, moved him to TC; for what an average player?

Now, how many boys would you have on the sidelines if you had only, say

a 20 mile radius of the school to choose from, rather than 9 counties, and didn't

have the option of choosing which of the applicants that were coming to your

facility for whatever reason. Not quite the same, is it?

This tired old argument goes on each yr., and will continue until a full split.

Selective enrollment in the biggest reason behind a need for a total split. Look at a pair of 300 student schools, one private, one public. Do any of you against a split really think the public school will be able to get the most out of its students, compared to the private school? Some going to publics take part in nothing, don't do any homework and would rather take a zero on a test that begin it. Do you think that student is interested in sports, even if he's 250 pounds or could run a 4.5 40 (if he was ever timed to see how fast he could run)?

Selective enrollment in the biggest reason behind a need for a total split. Look at a pair of 300 student schools, one private, one public. Do any of you against a split really think the public school will be able to get the most out of its students, compared to the private school? Some going to publics take part in nothing, don't do any homework and would rather take a zero on a test that begin it. Do you think that student is interested in sports, even if he's 250 pounds or could run a 4.5 40 (if he was ever timed to see how fast he could run)?

But the small private that has 300 is playing publics with 5 or 600...so how is it still unfair for the public? Are you implying that half the kids in public schools are completely useless?? I find that hard to believe. And, since NO other state has a 1.8 multiplier, I would say that the people who do believe that half (or 40% which is what the multiplier implies) of public school kids are no good are the ones fooling themselves. Personally, I believe that there are kids who are not gonna participate no matter what school they go to...know some of them....but half??? Come on.