Class A State Championship

OS91

QUOTE(bulldawg-fan @ Mar 11 2007 - 08:32 AM) 826407910[/snapback]Strength rankings are worthless stats... "Oliver Springs might be more battle tested having played some of the best AAA, AA and A teams this year". I keep reading how all these teams have played some of the best AAA & AA teams this year. If that is truely the case and strength rankings are worth the time it takes to figure them, then our girls came out on the short end of the stick. We should have brought home three gold balls. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Good post.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 11 2007 - 09:56 AM) 826407960[/snapback]FYI....

You need to go read the board rules. You are probably in danger of getting kicked off the T. Half your posts have broken board rules.

Well most are being deleted by me. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Attention - guitarman_7_us

Get a clue or get gone. If I have to delete any more of your posts I will get CoachT to ban you. Go read the rules before you make another post or you won't last much longer.

DL.

QUOTE(bulldawg-fan @ Mar 11 2007 - 08:32 AM) 826407910[/snapback]Strength rankings are worthless stats... "Oliver Springs might be more battle tested having played some of the best AAA, AA and A teams this year". I keep reading how all these teams have played some of the best AAA & AA teams this year. If that is truely the case and strength rankings are worth the time it takes to figure them, then our girls came out on the short end of the stick. We should have brought home three gold balls. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I agree...they are worthless "until they play the game"....

Sportwwizard...you need to get a clue. Check the record my man, West Tennesse brought back 2 out 3 GOLD trophies just a few years ago. I think last year, it was an all West Tennessee single A final last year. Your comments will certainly couse educated West Tennessee basketball fans to chime in, because obviously your clueless...oh, I forget you only have about 36 posts. ALL I CAN SAY IS WHEN THEY HELD THE MIDSOUTH CLASSIC, WEST TENNESSEE USED THESE OTHER DISTRICTS FOR PRACTICE GAMES...THE WEST TENNESSEE TEAMS DOMINATED. SHow some class and be able to loose with humility. The better team (Gleason) smoked the class A tournament this year!

You could use a clue, too. FORREST won the state class A last year, beating Jackson County.

What's funny to me as an observer is the OS fans seem to forget Gleason tearing through Forrest and Jackson County. However, when they played Oliver Springs, they changed their strategy, and I think the "stall ball" really caught OS off guard. They obviously couldn't take the ball away from Gleason, so the game could have ended at 12-7 for that matter. The better fundamental team, who passed well, shot free throws, better from the floor, didn't foul. That team won on Saturday night.

There was something said on another form about Coach Frazier not being able to coach and that was why he had not gotten any college offers. I would like to inform people that he has gotten offers but has chosen to stay at Gleason. People need to remember that he has a son that graduated from Gleason and twins that are freshman this year. Not to mention has anyone considered that he likes coaching the younger group. Please stop insulting this man. He did not do anything to you personally now did he. Allow him and the team to enjoy their win.

QUOTE(statstracker @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:33 PM) 826410868[/snapback]There was something said on another form about Coach Frazier not being able to coach and that was why he had not gotten any college offers. I would like to inform people that he has gotten offers but has chosen to stay at Gleason. People need to remember that he has a son that graduated from Gleason and twins that are freshman this year. Not to mention has anyone considered that he likes coaching the younger group. Please stop insulting this man. He did not do anything to you personally now did he. Allow him and the team to enjoy their win.

I agree that people need not to bash Coach Frazier. I don't think he is the best coach, in basketball, in Tennessee but he does run a good clean program and has excelled at the high school level. All of the teams in the tourney this year had class, I wish all of their fans could too...but that'll never happen. Congrats to Gleason and Frazier for a job well done. I can't believe that Hudson didn't recruited by some bigger D1 schools. Any insight from anyone, she is an awesome player!

I think what hurt Hudson on the recruiting end was her size. She is not very tall or built very solid. The same thing happened with Ashley Mac if you remember. Many of the bigger schools did not want her due to her size. But that came back to bite them before her 4 years were over. The same could very well happen with Kayla. I am not sure if maybe there is something in the water in Gleason but they just seem to all be kind of on the smaller side.