Ooltewah vs Billy Blunt

bipbopzot

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the good thing about this week is that both teams have a week off to prepare for this big game. I think it will be a close game and there is no way to tell which way it is going to go. WHoever shows up to play will win the game. Ooltewah did have some mistakes last week but what team does not go through the same thing. McMinn County was not as bad as what people were saying about them. Yes Ooltewah should have beat them by a little more but they will learn from the mistakes and get ready to play WB.

I will go with

Ooltewah 24

WB 21

Good Luck Ooltewah "GO OWLS"

So here's a good opportunity for fans of both teams to discuss the game and make their picks. I'm gonna do my best not the "beat the dead horse" of who got the terrible refereeing at which place. Two years ago, I know there are still Owls fans who would contend you got ripped off. Last year, us WB faithful still think some bad calls influenced the outcome of the game. In either case, if you really think about it, both teams had opportunities to "seal the deal" and win the respective games despite the ref's calls and neither got it done. I'm willing to call a truce on the past--and I hope other WB fans will join me ... if your fine Owl fans will do the same.

What we have is two highly ranked 5A teams from the same region squaring off for early season bragging rights and play-off positioning. It will be, in my opinion, one of, if not the game of the week next week.

I'm a homer, but I'm favoring WB based on home field advantage and on experience. From what I gather, Ooltewah is an awesome team, but has some young players in key positions. I know you had an incredible freshman program last season ... will we see a lot of soph's in your line-up? Blount is a senior-laden team ... most of their key players have a lot of big game experience. I believe that will be a plus for the Govs.

I believe your rb, Marshall, is as good as anyone we'll see this year at that position (with the possible exception of Sterling at Farragut). I know you have some receiving threats and a promising young qb, but I believe if we can contain Marshall, we can be successful.

My gut pick--taking in to consideration my prejudice for WB--is the Gov's pull the "mild upset" (based on rankings) and come away with a 28-14 win.

What do you think, my buddies from "Ooootewah"?

Here is to all of those in the state that thinks region 2 5A weak.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

AP Prep Football Poll

Associated Press

Class 5A

Record Pts Prv

1. Riverdale (15) 3-0 180 T1

2. Oak Ridge (2) 2-0 149 T4

3. Ooltewah (1) 2-0 143 3

4. Farragut 3-0 128 T4

5. William Blount (1) 3-0 101 6

6. Bearden 3-0 87 7

7. Smyrna 2-1 73 T1