Ooltewah vs Billy Blunt

bipbopzot

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be close! This has been a great match-up for years... I'm looking forward to a clean well played game with unbiased officiating.

I hope that you're right Excaliber. It would be great when this one is over, regardless of outcome, if the officiating was not an issue!!! That has not been the case the past two years ... hopefully, three will be the charm!

I went to the DB-WB and was not impressed with WB and I also attended Ooltewah vs. Whites Creek and was impressed with Ooltewah. Peoples been talking bout WB and how good they are but I they havnt showed me nothing yet. Personally I think Ooltewah is tougher and will out hit the Govs from what Ive seen. WB's O-Line looks big but they are soft and not aggressive.....Ooltewah's D-line should dominate in that aspect #36 is gonna have a hay day. The other thing I noticed was the size of Ooltewahs O-line. I think they should also dominate the Govs front seven. Brian Marshall is gonna carve up WB's lackluster defense. WB has not faced a quality team yet and I dont think they are all theyve been made out to be. I look for the Owls to out-hit and out-run the Govs to a win.

31 Owls

14 WB

So you went to the DB game and are calling the WB defense lackluster.lol. You saw WB play bad defense they allowed 50 total yards in the 2nd half. You are just an idiot i believe you dont have a clue what you are talkn ablout and it really shows. Then again maybe you know something the rest of us dont know, NOT!

The offensive line must be soft when the QB has been sacked 3 times in 3 games, and they rush for 270 a game and throw for 185 a game. Those are signs of a soft line.

So TNBOY when you go out in public tell people you are from Alabama or somewhere cause you are making us TN people look silly, bless your heart.

So you went to the DB game and are calling the WB defense lackluster.lol. You saw WB play bad defense they allowed 50 total yards in the 2nd half. You are just an idiot i believe you dont have a clue what you are talkn ablout and it really shows. Then again maybe you know something the rest of us dont know, NOT!

The offensive line must be soft when the QB has been sacked 3 times in 3 games, and they rush for 270 a game and throw for 185 a game. Those are signs of a soft line.

So TNBOY when you go out in public tell people you are from Alabama or somewhere cause you are making us TN people look silly, bless your heart.

Nice!

From what I've heard about the fight at Ridgeland (today at school, ALL OF IT completely baseless word of mouth)

-One kid told to me through a football player through an Administrator that Brian Marshall, Garrison Caldwell, Gino Norwood, Jordan Simmons and Nathan Swafford were all involved (all starters)

-From a Mom who works in the office, I heard that we probably shouldn't go through it scotch free as one of the Ridgeland kids had to have surgery (unknown as to what). She also claims that there is some sort of visual evidence of the fight.

-From Defensive Coordinator Greene, through another student, No football players will be suspended, and only two were involved (the complete opposite of the original, ten people involved reports)

-Nathan Swafford stated in class to another one of my friends, when asked, that he was at another one of the player's houses asleep on the couch during the incident.

-In a related incident, my English teacher told us how the night before the State Championship game in one of those Cleveland-Benny Monroe years, 4 players were actually arrested. Benny himself bailed them out, and all four played in the game the next day. They won.

So basically all I know is that there was indeed some sort of incident, and that this IS SHADY AS FRICK!

This article is from the Chattanoogan.com....also is in the Times Free Press. I just cannot imagine that if these are players involved...and everything seems to point that way. I cannot believe that they would play football Friday night. I ready somewhere that they may have video evidence.

Ooltewah High Students Investigated On Assault At Ridgeland Game

posted September 17, 2007

Two Walker County teenagers were assaulted at Ridgeland High School following Friday night’s football game between Ridgeland and Ringgold, according to Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson.

The Sheriff said a group of students from Ooltewah High School came onto the football field when the game ended and began to verbally challenge some Ridgeland players. He said a school resource officer and coaches intervened and quashed the verbal disorder.

The apparent motive for the altercation stemmed from the dating relationship of an Ooltewah and Ridgeland student, the sheriff said.

Shortly after the initial verbal disorder, a 19-year-old male, Anthony Persinger, and a 15-year-old female, who are brother and sister, were attacked and assaulted near the rear entrance to the high school, Sheriff Wilson said.

Both victims were treated for facial wounds and released from an area hospital.

The girl reportedly suffered a broken jaw and broken nose, and the boy had some teeth knocked out and other damage to the face.

Witnesses have identified the aggressor(s) as a member of the Ooltewah High School group, Sheriff Wilson said.

He said the attacker(s) fled the scene.

Sheriff Wilson said, “The investigation is on-going and Walker County detectives are at Ridgeland High School today investigating the assault.”

Additionally, Sheriff Wilson said administrators and coaches from Ooltewah and Ridgeland are working with authorities to identify those person(s) responsible for the assault.

Anyone who may have witnessed the assault or may have information about the crime is urged to contact the Walker County Sheriff's Office at 706-638-1909, ext. 263.

From what I've heard about the fight at Ridgeland (today at school, ALL OF IT completely baseless word of mouth)

-One kid told to me through a football player through an Administrator that Brian Marshall, Garrison Caldwell, Gino Norwood, Jordan Simmons and Nathan Swafford were all involved (all starters)

-From a Mom who works in the office, I heard that we probably shouldn't go through it scotch free as one of the Ridgeland kids had to have surgery (unknown as to what). She also claims that there is some sort of visual evidence of the fight.

-From Defensive Coordinator Greene, through another student, No football players will be suspended, and only two were involved (the complete opposite of the original, ten people involved reports)

-Nathan Swafford stated in class to another one of my friends, when asked, that he was at another one of the player's houses asleep on the couch during the incident.

-In a related incident, my English teacher told us how the night before the State Championship game in one of those Cleveland-Benny Monroe years, 4 players were actually arrested. Benny himself bailed them out, and all four played in the game the next day. They won.

So basically all I know is that there was indeed some sort of incident, and that this IS SHADY AS FRICK!

Regardless of how much I love football and want Ooltewah to field their BEST team......................if any of "our" boys were involved in an incident that injured other people, there should be consequences for their actions! There is a difference between verbally causing trouble and physically assaulting someone. They need toi learn that because of who they are, everything can't be "fixed" for them. A couple of people listed surprises me. They are good kids, some of the others are no surprise at all. HOWEVER, ALL OF THOSE involved phisically should be punished....regardless of how it affects the football team. You deal with what life gives you!

Regardless of how much I love football and want Ooltewah to field their BEST team......................if any of "our" boys were involved in an incident that injured other people, there should be consequences for their actions! There is a difference between verbally causing trouble and physically assaulting someone. They need toi learn that because of who they are, everything can't be "fixed" for them. A couple of people listed surprises me. They are good kids, some of the others are no surprise at all. HOWEVER, ALL OF THOSE involved phisically should be punished....regardless of how it affects the football team. You deal with what life gives you!

Owlfanatic:

Great post my friend. Thanks for your honesty. Hopefully: 1. we can trust "the system" and 2. "the system" will work in this situation and the proper things will be done. As I stated earlier, I believe we WB folks would prefer that you guys are 100% when we square off, but nevertheless ... the right thing needs to be done. I know if it were my son involved, I would want him to have to suffer the consequences of his actions.

Good luck this Friday. Any of your Ooltewah fans need directions, yell at me and I'll help you out. Basically, once you get off of 75 onto 321 at Lenoir City, you're going to head up 321 about 16-18 miles toward Maryville. You'll cross over the dam, come by a little town called Friendsville and just keep coming. Watch for Blount Christian Church and some sort of industrial park on your right and right after you pass it, you'll come to William Blount Drive (335) which will be a right turn. (Just a landmark warning to know if you've missed WB Drive, if you pass Hepperly Used Cars on your right, you've come too far). Once you turn right on William Blount Drive (335) stay on it through the first traffic light. Keep coming straight and you'll soon see WB on your left. Take the entrance just past the high school sign. If you come to the middle school, you've come too far! Better eat at one of the restaurants there in Lenoir City when you get off 75 if you're hungry (unless you want some of the best concession stand burgers and dogs around) cause you won't pass a whole lot of restaurants after Lenoir City.

If any of you old schoolers want to cut across on 68 and come over to 411, I can get you there that way too! Just let me know.

I agree 100% with you owlfanatic and GovMan. There is little reason for this kind of thing to occur. Not only were crimes committed but "IF" some Owl players were involved, it hurts the whole team. Champion's have class and those players are not champion's, win or lose. I hope the law does its job and gets to the bottom of the matter.

This is no doubt a team distraction for the Owl's

I was picking the Govs by 7 anyway. Travel safe to Blount County, the Home of Champion's!!