Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

Your right Govman I've not heard any trash talking from anyone on your side and i doubt you will hear much from our side either there just might be some that will log on from other places and try to start some stuff. Are you guys healthy? I wish i could have seen the game last night sounds like ya'll dominated an ooltewah team that was highly ranked. Should be a great one friday night. was it as bad or worse than it sounds? i'd love to bring 3 gold balls back in Dec. this year.

WB played well -- especially 2nd half. I credit our coaches alot for whatever adjustments they made during half-time. Only negative last night, our receivers dropped some balls that they normally wouldn't. That's mental stuff and hopefully, we'll improve. This is the first time in awhile that we've literally had at least 4--maybe 5--receivers that defenses have to account for on every play (sound familiar? you guys always have that).

Darren Garner is just one of those "special backs". He can create something out of nothing. If he gets a step on you, you're in trouble.

Most proud of how we didn't turn over the ball any ... that's huge in my book. Still worry about Tyler Burstrom ... he gets his bell rung about once a game and scares the crap out of me. I know people question his playing both ways, but that is the way it is, and he's equally good on both sides of the ball.

Injury wise ... I think we came out ok. Josh Manges, one of our "under the radar" heavy hitters on d, had to be aided off the field with some type of leg injury, hope we haven't lost him. If T.J. wasn't 100% last night, then it's scary to think about what he would have done if he had been. He's a great football player.

How about the Rebs? Shiver gonna be ready? (hope so, great kid). Sorry to hear about your lineman (West) ... what was his injury? Douglas's shoulder still bothering him?

William Blount is definitely the favorite in this one. They present numerous matchup problems for Maryville. Its like TJ Walker said in the paper this morning, "if we beat Maryville it will not be an upset". I tend to agree.

I have stated on more than one occassion this year this is not a typical Maryville team. Last night we started two 180 pounders on the offensive line. Our weaknesses unfortunately play right into William Blount's strengths.

We have big game experience. We have a coach who I think can scheme with the best of them. Other than that and the possible exception of QB everything else, including homefield is slanted toward the Governors.

Should be a great game. I hope we can keep it close.

I am so exited to see all the success WB is having this year!

Blount County, home of the best high school football! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

-BlountCountySportsFan

I do believe Maryville has best high school football thing covered year in and year out.

REBELS WIN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MHS you sound just like GQ( hope we can keep it close).lol. There is no way WB is favored against the #10 team in the nation. As far as the govs saying this is their year to beat the rebels, i havent heard it, they have said they think they can win state and go 15-0, but talking smack and saying we are gonna beat the #10 team in the nation. This should be the game of the year if WB can hold Burnett in check, 15,000 people would be a good goal i believe, 20,000 maybe reachable. Guy from the tri-cities i would say be here by 5:30 to get a good seat.

William blount wins this by at least 3 touchdowns and the subs will be in by the 3rd qtr. Maryville hasn`t` got a chance /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Trash Talk Mv 1 WB 1 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Rebelron, Well said!!

Congratulations to the Govs! You made all of Blount County proud last night, even for those of us that live in the city. Great win!!

I regret I haven't been able to watch the Govs in person, but I have listened to every game while I was watching my Rebs. Man, I can't wait 'til Friday nite, I could hardly sleep last night. If this level of anticipation continues all

week, I'll have to get an I.V. of Diet Mountain Dew, just to make it through the game!

For an old man who loves football (pros, college, high school, and pee wee), this is almost heaven! I want to thank all the young men who bust their tales off everyday to be the best they can be on and off the field. The lessons of life you are learning and living will go far beyond the playing field on Friday nights.

Thank you coaches and your families for the countless hours of sacrifice you make to shape the lives of these young men. I still cherish in my heart the H.S. days on the field when the coaches I had took a fatherless kid under their wing, as if he were their own son, and molded him from a boy into a young man. They taught me so much more than x's and o's. I learned to love God, love your family and love your team! I learned to do the best I could do, leave everthing on the field, win or lose, I could walk away knowing I gave it all. Do your best, let God take care of the winning and losing. Come to think of it, I gained more strength from the loses than the wins.

Thank you Moms and Dads, Grandmas and Grandpas, Aunts and Uncles, Brothers and Sisters, Cousins and friends for supporting these young men. My mom couldn't come to my games because she had to work (a nurse at the hospital) to provide for us four kids (thank you mama for letting me do what you knew I loved), but I had plenty of folks that helped get me to practice, bought me a new pair of cletes (when the old pair fell apart), let me have a shoulder to cry on and a ear to listen too me when I was hurting. They also kicked me in the backside when I needed it. I was by no means a great player, but I never doubted I was loved. Win or Lose.

I know we have to play this game and somebody will win and somebody will lose. Right now, I honestly don't know who to pick in this one. All I know is, this is about a whole lot more than who wins a ballgame! Boys do your best! Fans behave! Thank the Lord everyday your alive, living in Blount County and by the good Lord's grace you get to enjoy this!

Oldhick76 "Honey, you better pick-up another case of Diet Mountain Dews"

P.S. My five year daughter asked me at the game last, "Daddy, why do those cheerleaders keep distracting people from watching the game?" From the mouth of babes! Don't you just love kids!

"OLDHICK" Well spoken from a former DHS(Dyersburg) football player who also loves football with all my Heart. There is so much these players can take all the way thru their lives to enhance it with God as their Guide. I honestly cant pick on this one as i know how good Maryville has been in this decade,also the rise of WB this year. Good luck to both teams with no injuries. Yall be safe driving to and from the game. With 4 children ,9 grands,1 g-grand i also know "From the mouth of babes" comes the spice n laughter of Life at its best.