Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

I agree that 04 was exaggerating the situation from last year. However, you implied that 04 was calling Maryville Cheaters...Which he did not. NO ONE (not even 04) believes that Maryville cheats. Miscommunication is all. By the way, I hope to Goodness I'm wrong, but Maryville 21-7 is my prediction. PLease Please let me be wrong!!

As I've already said , some people would consider it an accusation of cheating when someone ( Wgov04 ) implies that the other team was taking several late hits and playing dirty . How would you like it if WB was accused of playing dirty?

There was alot of action after the play last year,watch the film. Never said mulitple ambulance trips, go back and look, i said late hits and sent to the HOSPITAL, I guess you have lost your eyes also in your old age.That doesnt mean ambulance trips, that means hospital. Ask Tanner if he was looking to get a hit in anytime he could, thats how he played and thats what made him a great player. Cowboys hit on Tyler, TJs ankle, Sams knee, all after the wistle, Not saying thats cheating, but it is dirty play, and i have never seen it from Maryville before last years game or since.

Papa, wasnt even talkin to you, and i never said GQ told his players to play dirty, Why did you come back with that statement?? If you know these Maryville players so well, you should care more about them and their futures, then them winning football games. If you know some of them so well then you know what im talkin about. Im just a outsider i guess to them so i want them to win a state championship, you are not an outsider and should want more for them beyond football.

how many late hits happened last year that sent WB players to the hospital, and IL, so if those were Maryville kids being sent to hospital it would have been wrong, right?? But since it was WB players ,who cares. . You have a bad history on here so you could never have as much class as Govman, and niether can I.

WB players ..... Maryville kids ..... Maybe things have changed since I was in school , but putting an s on a word used to make it plural ..... At least we can agree on something , you could never have as much class as Govman ... and yes , I know that I don't either ... happy ?

VTEC the onlyest thang better wuz when tha grait Ron Wright wood "banter" with Professor Boris Maximillionvich Malenko over at tha Old Amory.

And that secret weapon ole Ron had in his waistband.. Seem to remember some banter at the old Rollerdrome on Saturday night. Way back in the day.......

Papa, wasnt even talkin to you, and i never said GQ told his players to play dirty, Why did you come back with that statement?? If you know these Maryville players so well, you should care more about them and their futures, then them winning football games. If you know some of them so well then you know what im talkin about. Im just a outsider i guess to them so i want them to win a state championship, you are not an outsider and should want more for them beyond football.

Read my previous post more closely. I said "encourage or allow." Allow is the operative word there. I basically meant that you implicated GQ by calling his team dirty.

For you to suggest that dirty play was going on is to also assert that GQ is allowing it as he is in charge of the team. He had a pretty good seat/vantage point for most of the plays you're talking about and I know him well enough to know that he does care more about the character of those young men and about the dignity of the game than he does about winning. If he thought that there was dirty play going on, he would have put a stop to it right then and there. So, if you follow my logic then I'm saying that because I know, trust and respect the man responsible for the play of the MHS players then I take exception to any insenuation that they are playing dirty...and he would as well.

Having said all of that, I do care more about the players than the game. Always have and always will. Be a fly on the wall sometime when I'm hanging out talking to those guys and you'll note that football doesn't come up very often in those conversations. There are much more important things to talk to them about. However, this is a football board so that's what I talk about on here.

Of course, Ron's favorite weapon was the "loaded boot" and he loved the "wharp the head off hold" and the "director's hold".

i must have gotten in later in his illustrious career cause i remember "the mongolian stomper" w/manager gorgeous george doin all the head wharpin at the armory although one time his brother Don came out from brhind the curtain and caught ol' gorgeous george off guard with a folding chairand "wharped his head pretty good' I mean fake blood went everywhere!!!

I liked the "scufllin hillbillies". Anyone remember them? I use to have to keep a distance when watching that with my grandad or he might pop me a good one after getting caught up in the heat of the moment while watching. And of course that was in the good old days before sports became so violent.

Stars, You finally dropped my favorite on us. "Lynn Orr City" that is CLASSIC!