Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

That you did. Our Moon Pies and RC Colas are just outmoded, I guess. I'm glad you have a sense of humor, Stars. R&B gits some of your Mairvul tongue-talkin', snake-handlin' brethren up in arms so dad-gum easily.

Diver tha way hit looks two me, Kevin may haiv dipped out a little cornbread and buttermilk to tha Hauls boys 'bout halftime last Fridee Nite.

Diver tha way hit looks two me, Kevin may haiv dipped out a little cornbread and buttermilk to tha Hauls boys 'bout halftime last Fridee Nite.

We were trying to keep that quiet. But since you mentioned it, that's why the Tennessee Titans gave him the Titan Coach of the Week honor, so when he goes over to watch a game in their high falutin' luxury box he can share the cornbread and buttermilk secret recipe with them.

I agree with the "hoping" that WB will win this one. But that is the usual feeling in the years past. This years team is more confident in themselves and have the right nucleus of players to beat anyone in their region, and maryville included. The biggest competition on the field is going to be on the sidelne between the two coaches. I believe that if were just up to the players match-ups, WB would win. But it's going to be about Coaching. That will make the difference IMO. Most of the area teams are pulling for WB to win because most people pull for the underdog. It gets boring to hear and watch Maryville win all the time by an average of 42-6 in most of their ballgames. I would think those boys would want to have some better competition so the games would be more fun to play and to watch. Look at this message board on the game. How many of the posters on here are saying that this is the game to be at. WB is going to give Maryville some competition and it will be fun to watch. As someone else said earlier on this board, "GQ is going to have to coach more than a half". It cant be all that fun for those boys to just be playing a half and then the back-ups come in. Seniors probably hate it ....but that is just my opinion. Sure hope its a good game. Close and exciting. You know the players on both sides will be pumped.

We were trying to keep that quiet. But since you mentioned it, that's why the Tennessee Titans gave him the Titan Coach of the Week honor, so when he goes over to watch a game in their high falutin' luxury box he can share the cornbread and buttermilk secret recipe with them.

Diver good stuff. Noticed your frum the gates of Vienna. Your o.k. with me Diver...The folks frum whur your frum make sum awfull good sawsidges.

Actually last week I said 1600 est. That was based on an Article in the Sentinel about the New Maryville High School. The 1421 is not pulled out of the hat it is the number on the Maryville H.S. web site. As far as Central is concerned if they keep growing they will move up as well. But Central played with the Big boys when they had the enrollment. Only moved down when their enrollment went down. Maryville has always dodged the big boys.

The 1600 number could have been an estmate for within the next couple of years, thus confirming the need for expansion. Makes sense if the 1421 number is currently posted is accurate since both numbers have come from the school system. Agree? Here is one thing that never gets brought up. Regarding any numbers advantage Maryville may have real or imagined; not all of those students are male and certainly not all football players. Believe it or not there is more going on at MHS than football. We have one of the best music programs in the state and the overall academic program is rated pretty highly as well. Maryvile dodging the big boys is your opinion, and that of others looking for reasons other than good coaching and player development to explain the recent run of success. When we went from 1978 to 1998 without a State Title no one said a word. If we are unfairly playing in a lower classification with a huge numbers advantage why is it our offensive line is normally outweighed by a minimum of 50 pounds per man with each team we face? How come we are starting a running back that weighs 150 pounds soaking wet? Doesn't make our coaches look very smart if we are stocking an endless supply of players as you seem to suggest. People recognize Quarles as an outstanding coach and rightfully so. But he would be the first to tell you, and he has said it as recently as last year when Brentwood Academy offered him the job, if he leaves he cannot take his assistants with him. Callilng 5A the "big boys" as compared to 4A is laughable. The difference between many 4A and 5A schools is likely only a few hundred kids and as mentioned many of those could be non footballers or even females. Quarles tells his team often "you don't have to be the best team in the State every week, just better than the one you are playiing Friday Night". And the coaching staff does an outstanding job of doing just that. Your ramblings are basically sour grapes, and as old as "Nixon Jokes". And it takes away from the big game at hand which is not fair to Maryville or WB either one. But I don't have to tell you that. That is exactly why you get on the Maryville game thread every week and bring it up.

It's time to raise the ante....... I'd like to make a friendly wager...If the Rebels defeat my beloved Govenors.... I'll shave my head.... How about you Maryville fans like cobrajet, starsnbars, rebel9??? Any takers.......

GO GOVS

I'd take your wager except i'm neutral this week. I played for coach White at WB and the kids go to Maryville. So I'll shave my head if Maryville wins or if WB wins. I just hope it is a classic game and the winner wins by 1pt and the other team is driving at the end. I thought about wearing my WB jersey and my Rebels hat, but I'll just go with a Tennessee hat this week, just like last year.

The 1600 number could have been an estmate for within the next couple of years, thus confirming the need for expansion. Makes sense if the 1421 number is currently posted is accurate since both numbers have come from the school system. Agree? Here is one thing that never gets brought up. Regarding any numbers advantage Maryville may have real or imagined; not all of those students are male and certainly not all football players. Believe it or not there is more going on at MHS than football. We have one of the best music programs in the state and the overall academic program is rated pretty highly as well. Maryvile dodging the big boys is your opinion, and that of others looking for reasons other than good coaching and player development to explain the recent run of success. When we went from 1978 to 1998 without a State Title no one said a word. If we are unfairly playing in a lower classification with a huge numbers advantage why is it our offensive line is normally outweighed by a minimum of 50 pounds per man with each team we face? How come we are starting a running back that weighs 150 pounds soaking wet? Doesn't make our coaches look very smart if we are stocking an endless supply of players as you seem to suggest. People recognize Quarles as an outstanding coach and rightfully so. But he would be the first to tell you, and he has said it as recently as last year when Brentwood Academy offered him the job, if he leaves he cannot take his assistants with him. Callilng 5A the "big boys" as compared to 4A is laughable. The difference between many 4A and 5A schools is likely only a few hundred kids and as mentioned many of those could be non footballers or even females. Quarles tells his team often "you don't have to be the best team in the State every week, just better than the one you are playiing Friday Night". And the coaching staff does an outstanding job of doing just that. Your ramblings are basically sour grapes, and as old as "Nixon Jokes". And it takes away from the big game at hand which is not fair to Maryville or WB either one. But I don't have to tell you that. That is exactly why you get on the Maryville game thread every week and bring it up.

Well said I was starting to get a migraine from all his whining

No, no, no. There's no need for expansion.

Look, build another high school, but "open-zone" both schools so that the football and basketball athlete types can go to Maryville, then set up your other high school towards the arts and more minor sports. That way you can have two high schools and Maryville can continue to "dodge the big boys". /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />