Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

Radio says WB was playing dirty and some in the crowd were nasty. True?

Not going to get into the whole dirty play debate -knowing the history of this game I'm sure it will come up-it was one heck of a game...true Blount county football /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Maryville just finds a way to win...WB makes their extra points and it's a different outcome... oh well props to both teams!

possibly about the FG at the end of the game that everyone behind the goal posts said was good but the refs said was no good?

props to Maryville...they played a great game and I wish them the best of luck....

props to WB...awesome game and the game could have gone either way were it not for the refs

I have to say I am ashamed of some of the WB fans...mainly the middle schoolers who were sitting behind me chanting things like "We hate Maryville" and "Maryville stinks ****" and one guy screaming "Maryville burn in ****".....that was classless and unneeded....seriously...

Wow , what an awesome game ! please don't bring this game down by trying to say the refs cheated on an extra point .... geez , it didn't miss by much , and it's too bad it ended that way , but WB has nothing to be ashamed of , they were much better than I thought they would be . This may be the year that Blount Co. brings home 2A , 4A , AND 5A this year . WB's linebackers and defensive line played an excellent game , and except for one play when Jordan got behind them , WB's secondary played great too. They were victimized by the ol Hook and ladder play too , but you could hardly blame them on that , it happened so fast , the whole crowd was in shock . It's amazing how Quarles always knows the perfect time to run a play like that , and I'd love to know his % on the Ol Smoke & Mirror plays . Congrats to WB on one of the best games ever played in Blount Co.

Maryville has a few things to work on if they're going to win it all this year , hopefully this game will serve as a springboard to the state championship for both teams . This game definitely lived up to all the hype .

Wow , what an awesome game ! please don't bring this game down by trying to say the refs cheated on an extra point .... geez , it didn't miss by much , and it's too bad it ended that way , but WB has nothing to be ashamed of , they were much better than I thought they would be . This may be the year that Blount Co. brings home 2A , 4A , AND 5A this year . WB's linebackers and defensive line played an excellent game , and except for one play when Jordan got behind them , WB's secondary played great too. They were victimized by the ol Hook and ladder play too , but you could hardly blame them on that , it happened so fast , the whole crowd was in shock . It's amazing how Quarles always knows the perfect time to run a play like that , and I'd love to know his % on the Ol Smoke & Mirror plays . Congrats to WB on one of , if not the best game ever played in Blount Co. Maryville has a few things to work on if they're going to win it all this year , hopefully this game will serve as a springboard to the state championship for both teams . This game definitely lived up to all the hype .

very classy Post and informative as well /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here is the simple breakdown. WB had bigger and better players. WB had homefield advantage. WB had the good luck orange jerseys. Maryville had numerous players injured. Some of the MHS injured players could not play and some had to play at less than 100%. MHS had more total yds and a much better time of possesion. So how did WB lose? Just because. That's life.

... I just hope it is a classic game and the winner wins by 1pt and the other team is driving at the end.

This was a great high school football game. There was a lot of good defense and then some good offense. It was like two heavyweights going at it. Punch, counterpunch. Just when you thought one team was down, they came back. It was a shame that someone had to lose. I didn't think the crew was too sharp, but I don't think they were really helping either team. I hope both teams run the table from here on out.