Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

Some good posts! What a game. I won't say anything about some of the insults that came from the crowd, most acted better and with class.

WB has nothing to hang their heads about; it was a tough game for both teams. I agree on the officials, but it seemed bad both ways. I feel for the young man who missed the kicks, but if the O would have scored another TD it would have not mattered.

WB has the team to make a run at a SC and this loss may in fact be a good thing for them. Besides 14-1 would be a great season. Maryville again almost beat themselves but superior coaching, sound fundamentals, preparedness and conditioning will get a team through a tough game when things are not clicking. Maryville has some things to work on if they want to repeat. The Rebels beat a top 5A team tonight and one point or a 100 a win is a win.

Maryville is a great Football Program made up of blue collar kids lead by a very crafty ball coach!

That game is a perfect why I moved to Blount Co! There was more excitement, energy, and electricity in that stadium tonight that I've not felt at a football game in a looooooong time at any level. Even my wife was getting into it and before we left the house she told me "you know I care nothing about high school football."

RR said it best. I thought Maryville had WB down more than once, but they refused to go down. Both teams are very good, and I really think both of them and Alcoa can bring three balls back to Blount Co.

My apologies to the young men from William Blount - They are the real deal! I really didn't think they would be able to slow down the Rebels. Only 3 points for the Rebs in the first half. Stingy defenses on both sides of the field. Big plays on offense-great special teams- this game had it all. Best game I've seen since the overtime game at Central in '03.(?)

Those young warriors at William Blount never quit! Fought to the finish. All WB fans should be proud of their team!

I was on the other end of the field- but the extra point looked good to me.

I kinda wish it could've ended in a tie. No team should have to lose this one. This will go down as a Classic! Should be talked about for years to come. Glad I was there to see it!

Thanks to the W.B. fans. All I talked to were very kind and cordial. Great P.A. announcer!!

T.J. Walker made a difference in the backfield (might should have put him in a little sooner). Who ever said the W.B. defense wrapped up their tackles was right on!! Best tackling I've seen in a long time!

As for the Hook & Ladder- what perfect execution- I thought Douglas had dropped a sure catch- How do you cover that?

Great game. No serious injuries I hope. Look to see these two again the first Sat. in December. When they both bring home a Gold Ball.

THAT HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE SET THRU IN YEARS.

TWO GREAT TEAMS.

WB, YOU GUYS LOOKED SUPER. GREAT GAME. NO DOUGHT, IF YOU GUYS KEEP PLAYING LIKE THIS THE REST OF THE SEASON I KNOW YOU WILL BE GOING TO THE BORO THIS YEAR AND BRINGING HOME A GOLD ONE. AND RIGHTLY SO.

AND MARYVILLE, WAY TO STAY IN THERE AND KEEP FIGHTING. CONGRATS.........

AGAIN, TWO GREAT TEAMS AND THE BEST GAME THIS OLE INDIAN HAS SEEN IN A LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG

TIME.

AND JUST TO ADD FOR THE OTHER BLOUNT CO. TEAM.

WAY TO GO ALCOA, KEEP IT RIDIN............

ALL YOU BOYS ON ALL THREE TEAMS SHOULD BE VERY PROUD, I KNOW I AM OF ALL OF YOU.

I LOVE BLOUNT CO.

Gotta feel for the PK for WB I hated to see the game end the way it did. the Whitehead kid for WB is a weapon

best HS punter i've ever seen in person. they fly to the ball on defense and run the offense pretty well also.

this is definatley the best MHS defense has playedthis year. I will be very surprised if blount county dosen't have 3 teams representing them in the boro in dec.also props to the Cope kid from WB Fantastic athlete and played his guts out all night. the only thing i would do different if i was coaching WB is get the ball in walkers hands about 20-30 times a game hes a train on that read option. gutsy performance by Douglas and shiver they were not 100% but played through the pain. overall best game i've seen in years from both sides.

That had to be the best highschool football game I have ever seen .Congrats to Maryville on a well played game .The o line did a outstanding job of containing a good W.B. defense ( TAYLOR STINNETT) on MR.Walker.

WilliamBlount you played one heck of a game and I hated you lost the way you did. you should be in Murfreesboro

with the speed and talent you have I see nothing standing in your way .So keep your head up this game does not affect your standings and keep your sights on the state and Maryville will do the same. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know it's better to get the win on the scoreboard,but I think both of your teams proved a point.WB can beat anybody ,and so can Maryville.If the FG had been called good or not,nobody should talk crap after a battle like that.Just take pride in the fact you guys have two of the strongest teams in the state right now.Shoot,WB fans can even say they are in the top twenty in the nation tonight.Great job to both teams.

Gotta feel for the PK for WB I hated to see the game end the way it did. the Whitehead kid for WB is a weapon

best HS punter i've ever seen in person. they fly to the ball on defense and run the offense pretty well also.

this is definatley the best MHS defense has playedthis year. I will be very surprised if blount county dosen't have 3 teams representing them in the boro in dec.also props to the Cope kid from WB Fantastic athlete and played his guts out all night. the only thing i would do different if i was coaching WB is get the ball in walkers hands about 20-30 times a game hes a train on that read option. gutsy performance by Douglas and shiver they were not 100% but played through the pain. overall best game i've seen in years from both sides.

HOW TRUE BACK, WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT WALKER.

IF HE WOULD HAVE HAD THAT BALL MORE I THINK IT WOULD HAVE HURT THE REBELS.

COPE GREAT GAME, WALKER YOU TOO.

WB, AGAIN I SAY YOU GUYS ROCKED TONIGHT.

Congratulations to both teams on a classic game. I know it is a cliche but both teams really laid it all on the line tonight. I feel very bad for the WB kicker. He kicks a very nice looking ball. The last extra point couldn't have missed by much; it looked good from where I was sitting.

This was the first time this year I have seen WB in person and I was very impressed. Their secondary played much better than I thought they would... they had one great INT in the end zone and should have/could have had at least three more that could have easily swung the game in their favor. WB has all the ingredients they need to make a deep run in the playoffs. I know they are disappointed to lose but their performance tonight has to give them a great deal of confidence for the rest of the season. They do need to cut down on some totally unnecessary penalties.

As for Maryville, they showed tremendous grit to win against an opponent that was pretty much their equal. GQ and the players themselves never cease to amaze me with the timing of the razzle dazzle play calls ( GQ) and flawless execution ( players). The defense was very good for most of the game but gave up two huge plays in the fourth quarter. I thought they contained Garner very well but they had a lot of trouble when Burstrom faked the inside handoff and kept the ball.

I have watched thousands of high school football games in the state of Texas and Florida and Tennessee. I have been watching Maryville games the past years when I moved here simply because I love watching a good football team... And tonight was one of THE GREATEST GAMES I HAVE EVER SEEN period. WB is a great team and Maryville was Maryville.

WB fans you have something special coming for you this year and I promise you this loss will only help your team. Your coaches can now see what they need to work on whereas if they had been playing a cupcake you would have learned nothing. Hopefully this will only motivate WB and I do believe they win BE hosting... Hoisting!!! the gold ball at the end of the year.

As for the Maryville and the gold ball Im not so sure yet. The 4-a teams from West Tennessee always bring a great team and Maryville definitely has some holes to fill. However, they do have coach Quarles and his gameplans will give them a chance in any game. If they can develop a little bit of a running game they can bring it home... again.

Great luck to both teams and thanks to all for putting on a great show. (By the way, PAT was no good I was standing directly behind the left upright) ***The score very well should have been 21-20