Gordonsville @ Trousdale County

croz6110

I think it's the coaching staffs getting players out for football. Gordonsville and SC have about 140 kids out between them. I think both staffs get the most out of what they have. They are well coached. Neither has DI talent. Same with TC only they prefer to have about 30 kids. Those 30 are in tremendous shape. It's the attention to detail by all 3 staffs.

I couldn't have said it any better...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading the article in the Tennessean sports section today about the young man who played for the Tigers and his sister who were in a very horrible crash back in Aug. and how he lost his leg and how determined he is to get back onto the field.As I read I began to become overwhelmed at the grit and determination this young man has,not just for wanting to get back onto the grid iron but to go on to face and defeat all the obstacles that life has to throw at him.I read and began to wonder if I could ever have the determined out look on life as this remarkable young man has and say what happened happened and not look back I dunno? I hope I could. I would like to say to this young man I think you are a very special person that God Almighty put upon this earth and I do believe He does have a great purpose for you. Gordonsville you are very lucky to have this young man in your community he is an inspiration to not only everone there,but for everyone everywhere.I hope and Pray that you can achieve all the goals you set in life I also wish this for your sister and your entire family. May God Bless

I was reading the article in the Tennessean sports section today about the young man who played for the Tigers and his sister who were in a very horrible crash back in Aug. and how he lost his leg and how determined he is to get back onto the field.As I read I began to become overwhelmed at the grit and determination this young man has,not just for wanting to get back onto the grid iron but to go on to face and defeat all the obstacles that life has to throw at him.I read and began to wonder if I could ever have the determined out look on life as this remarkable young man has and say what happened happened and not look back I dunno? I hope I could. I would like to say to this young man I think you are a very special person that God Almighty put upon this earth and I do believe He does have a great purpose for you. Gordonsville you are very lucky to have this young man in your community he is an inspiration to not only everone there,but for everyone everywhere.I hope and Pray that you can achieve all the goals you set in life I also wish this for your sister and your entire family. May God Bless

Amen !!

I have a comment and then a question. First, good luck to both teams this week. Two classy programs with great talented players on both sides of the ball. My question to anyone who will know is, what is the secret to the source of the great football talent in the Smith/Trousdale area? It seems that every year both teams are loaded with great players. Most 1-A teams I have known in the past have great runs every now and then that cycles around a particular group of players, but all the teams in that area are always loaded? Good luck and great respect to both teams!

Genetics! Many players' families have lived in the community for years. It's a legacy!

Genetics! Many players' families have lived in the community for years. It's a legacy!

Especially in Trousdale; Harper's, Dillehay's, Satterfield's, Payne's etc.

There's even some in the Jr. Pro ranks.

You put those kind of athlete's with a great coach, and I think Satterfield is one of the best in the state, you have a great team.

He takes teams with only 20-30 players and makes them competitive every year.

Is any of his sons planning on following in his footsteps at TC?

I heard Wesley is a Graduate Assistant at North Carolina.

Also, if anyone hasn't read the article on Mark and April Seagraves in the paper, they need to. It's a great story.

The boy has some grit and determination.

Excellent post. This young man will be just fine with his attitude.

I also read this article today, and it brought back old memories for me. Back in 1967, I was

with the Army in Vietnam, and was hit 5 times with machine gun fire & grenade fragments.

My right leg was almost torn off. The doc said the only chance I had to save it was a long

leg walking cast, and to pound the he** out of it. That's exactly what I did...even went deer

hunting in Jackson Co. I'm still walking on the old son of a gun. Too stubborn or country dumb

to give in.

He has the attitude he needs to get thru this, and he will.

You guys in G'ville tell him for me that I am behind him 100%, and we love him.

Excellent post. This young man will be just fine with his attitude.

I also read this article today, and it brought back old memories for me. Back in 1967, I was

with the Army in Vietnam, and was hit 5 times with machine gun fire & grenade fragments.

My right leg was almost torn off. The doc said the only chance I had to save it was a long

leg walking cast, and to pound the he** out of it. That's exactly what I did...even went deer

hunting in Jackson Co. I'm still walking on the old son of a gun. Too stubborn or country dumb

to give in.

He has the attitude he needs to get thru this, and he will.

You guys in G'ville tell him for me that I am behind him 100%, and we love him.

I was also there for TET 1967. Kinda hot then, huh? I was so short at the time I couldnt look over the tops of my boots. I think we won that TET game. Glad we made it back to watch these kids play football. I look at these kids sometimes and think. We were fighting a war with kids like these. Almost brings tears to your eyes to remember.

This kid is tough. First day home he was on his 4 wheeler. He dont want any help. Man if this had not happened to this kid he would have become a beast on the field. He definately has heart. He should be an insperation to his team mates to take it to another level.

Thank you for being so brave Mark. You are a hero. Nothing on that football field you could have ever done could compare to this show of bravery and heart. I would have never known who you really are. I salute you, out of total respect.

I was also there for TET 1967. Kinda hot then, huh? I was so short at the time I couldnt look over the tops of my boots. I think we won that TET game. Glad we made it back to watch these kids play football. I look at these kids sometimes and think. We were fighting a war with kids like these. Almost brings tears to your eyes to remember.

This kid is tough. First day home he was on his 4 wheeler. He dont want any help. Man if this had not happened to this kid he would have become a beast on the field. He definately has heart. He should be an insperation to his team mates to take it to another level.

Thank you for being so brave Mark. You are a hero. Nothing on that football field you could have ever done could compare to this show of bravery and heart. I would have never known who you really are. I salute you, out of total respect.

Yep, kinda rough times. Glad you made it back. Welcome home, brother.

Mark is a very brave young man. It makes me sick that something like that happens to someone

that young. But, with the technology today, he can do pretty much what he wants to do.

The healing with the stump will take time. I spent 16 months in the Army hospital, and saw

many cases of amputations. I'm sure they have much better means of treatment now than

40 yrs. ago. He's tough, he'll be ok.