Gordonsville @ Trousdale County

croz6110

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a comment and then a question. First, good luck to both teams this week. Two classy programs with great talented players on both sides of the ball. My question to anyone who will know is, what is the secret to the source of the great football talent in the Smith/Trousdale area? It seems that every year both teams are loaded with great players. Most 1-A teams I have known in the past have great runs every now and then that cycles around a particular group of players, but all the teams in that area are always loaded? Good luck and great respect to both teams!

It is the coaching and traditions of these counties. These coaches aren't only there for these boys in football but are also apart of their life??™s. During football season these coaches and boys spend more time together then they do with their own families.

My son played football for G-ville, even though he has graduated he still comes home to watch the Tigers play when he can. He is very thankful to have been apart of G-ville football and to have been coached by such a great staff. Just ask him he speaks very highly of all the Tiger coaches but be prepared for a long conversation...lol??¦He loves to talk Tiger Football.

I have a comment and then a question. First, good luck to both teams this week. Two classy programs with great talented players on both sides of the ball. My question to anyone who will know is, what is the secret to the source of the great football talent in the Smith/Trousdale area? It seems that every year both teams are loaded with great players. Most 1-A teams I have known in the past have great runs every now and then that cycles around a particular group of players, but all the teams in that area are always loaded? Good luck and great respect to both teams!

Thanks for the responses! I usually don't post much on here (coacht) but love to read the threads. Good luck to all!

Thanks for the responses! I usually don't post much on here (coacht) but love to read the threads. Good luck to all!

No...thank you. Sometimes we forget how good we have it in terms of high school football,athletics in general and as communities. Someone said they can go anywhere in the state with the blue G and everybody that knows HS footabll has heard of Gordonsville. The same goes for Trousdale Co. and Smith Co.. I think sometimes we take this for granted. Hearing people talk about this area makes me proud to live here and sometimes it takes people asking questions like this to make us realize it.

MO Money and Grunt, I appreciate what you have done for our country and me although you don't know me, I am forever thankful to you and all who serve for the cause of protection and freedom. A big THANK YOU. Mark Seagraves seems to be a heck of a young man, God does have a mighty purpose for him. About the area you all live in, concerning football, everyone knows who yall are. One of the first things I do when I get home on Friday nights is to see how each of you have done. Unless we have played yall /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . Very good programs and well respected too. Good luck to each of you.

MO Money and Grunt, I appreciate what you have done for our country and me although you don't know me, I am forever thankful to you and all who serve for the cause of protection and freedom. A big THANK YOU. Mark Seagraves seems to be a heck of a young man, God does have a mighty purpose for him. About the area you all live in, concerning football, everyone knows who yall are. One of the first things I do when I get home on Friday nights is to see how each of you have done. Unless we have played yall /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . Very good programs and well respected too. Good luck to each of you.

Thanks BigDaddy. I appeciate the kind words. We have a great deal of respect for the Hog-eyes

as well, and wish you the best.....unless. I always get the radio to see how all the area guys

have done. Good luck Fri. nite. Since we're off this week, I will likely go to see SC & MC.

Gotta be in the bleachers somewhere on Fri. nite. LOL

Thanks Bigdaddy. We appreciate the fan base. Our kids realize when they play they are representing the community. I think they fight harder to uphold tradition. Also gives the older generation something to connect to the kids with. Other than looking down on them as just kids. Gives them a chance to bridge the gap by having something in common. In this ever rapid changing world.

I thank all the kids out there, that entertain me on Friday nights, and give me something to look forward to other than just another night of television. There is nothing to compare to being at a football game live. Especially the High School level. Watching them turn from boys to men over a 4 year period. Amazing!!!

As for the serving my country, it has been an honor and forever connected me to a part of history. I am glad to have joined the ranks of all the men a women that have fought for this great nation in the present and past. One never knows how fortunate they are until they go out of country. See how others live. None compares. You are quiet welcome, and thank you for your sincere gratitude.

Thanks BigDaddy. I appeciate the kind words. We have a great deal of respect for the Hog-eyes

as well, and wish you the best.....unless. I always get the radio to see how all the area guys

have done. Good luck Fri. nite. Since we're off this week, I will likely go to see SC & MC.

Gotta be in the bleachers somewhere on Fri. nite. LOL

It's funny, how we fuss and argue over these games in a competetive manner, which we should back our programs, that almost every one of us run to the computer for coacht, radio, Saturday paer, etc. to see each has done. We as a whole, at least in my mind, support each other more than we know. BTW hows the Seay kid??