Gordonsville @ Trousdale County

croz6110

I have to disagree with some of you.....Chase is a good QB......but I want the ball in MY playmaker's hands (Smith) as much as I can. How many games has he lost in the last 2 years as QB.?? Yeah... you might move him around every now and then to show something different......but most of the time I want him to have the ball.

There are 2 of the 3 teams I love to follow.....I have seen both play. I believe G-ville will win...BUT it's hard to factor in the creekbank and the number, types, and seriousness of some of G-ville player injuries....Smith, Arnold, Campbell...and maybe more....

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree with some of you.....Chase is a good QB......but I want the ball in MY playmaker's hands (Smith) as much as I can. How many games has he lost in the last 2 years as QB.?? Yeah... you might move him around every now and then to show something different......but most of the time I want him to have the ball.

There are 2 of the 3 teams I love to follow.....I have seen both play. I believe G-ville will win...BUT it's hard to factor in the creekbank and the number, types, and seriousness of some of G-ville player injuries....Smith, Arnold, Campbell...and maybe more....

I agree with you Termite??¦Let??™s remember that Justin Smith is our starting QB. He has earned that spot and deserves our respect and support. He has played injured and sick and still does what he does best and thats G-ville Football.

Only one thing left to say:

GO TIGERS and TAKE THE CREEKBANK!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with you Termite??¦Let??™s remember that Justin Smith is our starting QB. He has earned that spot and deserves our respect and support. He has played injured and sick and still does what he does best and thats G-ville Football.

Only one thing left to say:

GO TIGERS and TAKE THE CREEKBANK!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sounds like a football player ghsmom08. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Playing through injuries is tough..

Sounds like a football player ghsmom08. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Playing through injuries is tough..

He is that. I don't think anyone can question his toughness. If he is not 100%...it will be tough for GV to win this game. Malone is a very good qb...but you lose him as a receiver if Smith is not ready.

I have a comment and then a question. First, good luck to both teams this week. Two classy programs with great talented players on both sides of the ball. My question to anyone who will know is, what is the secret to the source of the great football talent in the Smith/Trousdale area? It seems that every year both teams are loaded with great players. Most 1-A teams I have known in the past have great runs every now and then that cycles around a particular group of players, but all the teams in that area are always loaded? Good luck and great respect to both teams!

I have a comment and then a question. First, good luck to both teams this week. Two classy programs with great talented players on both sides of the ball. My question to anyone who will know is, what is the secret to the source of the great football talent in the Smith/Trousdale area? It seems that every year both teams are loaded with great players. Most 1-A teams I have known in the past have great runs every now and then that cycles around a particular group of players, but all the teams in that area are always loaded? Good luck and great respect to both teams!

I think it's the coaching staffs getting players out for football. Gordonsville and SC have about 140 kids out between them. I think both staffs get the most out of what they have. They are well coached. Neither has DI talent. Same with TC only they prefer to have about 30 kids. Those 30 are in tremendous shape. It's the attention to detail by all 3 staffs.

I think it's tradition as much as anything.... The programs in both countys have always (for the most part) keep good coaches. Kids grow up wanting to play for these teams. (Success = kids wanting to be a part = success) .These communities support these programs. It's the same way in some schools with basketball......some schools in baseball. In Smith Co. and Trousale Co. it's football. Yes, there is talent here...but the coaches have learned how to squeeze every drop of it out...and learned how to best use kids with less talent..........

I think it is an overall attitude. For example, a kid comes home from school (Smith Co, Trousdale, Gordonsville)

and says Dad I am quitting basketball. Dad says, OK get your home work

Same kid goes home and says Dad I am quitting football, Dad says WHAT!! call your your mother we have a crisis.

The same would be reverse in Pickett co, Red Boiling Springs, Upperman etc...... were basketball is king.

There is lot of emphasis put on football in these communties.

I AGREE WITH G2 ON THIS ONE. FB IS THE KING IN THESE 2 COUNTIES. I ALSO AGREE WITH SOME OF THE PREVIOUS POST ABOUT IT BEING COACHING AND TRADITION. BOB AND CLINT PLAYED FOR THE SCHOOLS THEY COACH, AND WERE PART OF BUILDING THE TRADITION AT THESE SCHOOLS. IN SCs CASE MAYNORD HAS BUILT THE TRADITION OF WINNING AT SC BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT BEFORE MAYNOR SC WAS JUST AN AVERAGE TEAM WHO WAS UP AND DOWN THROUGH THE YEARS NOW THEY ARE DOMINANT IN THIS AREA. I AM VERY PROUD TO BE FROM THIS AREA BECAUSE WHERE EVER YOU GO IN THIS GREAT STATE AND TALK FB PEOPLE KNOW GVILLE, SC, AND TC.

I AGREE WITH G2 ON THIS ONE. FB IS THE KING IN THESE 2 COUNTIES. I ALSO AGREE WITH SOME OF THE PREVIOUS POST ABOUT IT BEING COACHING AND TRADITION. BOB AND CLINT PLAYED FOR THE SCHOOLS THEY COACH, AND WERE PART OF BUILDING THE TRADITION AT THESE SCHOOLS. IN SCs CASE MAYNORD HAS BUILT THE TRADITION OF WINNING AT SC BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT BEFORE MAYNOR SC WAS JUST AN AVERAGE TEAM WHO WAS UP AND DOWN THROUGH THE YEARS NOW THEY ARE DOMINANT IN THIS AREA. I AM VERY PROUD TO BE FROM THIS AREA BECAUSE WHERE EVER YOU GO IN THIS GREAT STATE AND TALK FB PEOPLE KNOW GVILLE, SC, AND TC.

You are right about people knowing these teams. I have been asked many times, out of town, what the G on the hat was for. You tell them Gordonsville and immediately most say, they have a good football team. Its truly an honor to be a local fan of these teams, and get to watch them play...

They rarely have a D1 prospect, but they can play some football as a team.