Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

Your sensitivity to some of my questions obviously made you over look my compliments to the Maryville team.

Words like success, phenomenal, flawless are most often words associated with a compliment.

I guess anyone who looks at the Maryville program objectively instead of red and black tinted glasses is a crybaby.

I would place you in the group of crybabies as well. Your assertions sound like Democratic Political spin had half truths. You Maryville haters never cease to amaze me. You use some complementary words to veil your putrid venomous hate.

"In spite of the fact that Maryville has a 5-A enrollment!" The real Fact is they might have the numbers now but they did not during the last re-evaluation for the 05-09 period. In June 04, the time to look at enrollment numbers set by the T$$AA, Maryville had 1,351 students in grades 9-12. In 06 it was reported by the T$$AA that Maryville had gained 30 more students. Enough to make 5A at the 05 level. Next June the T$$AA will meet and first decide where each classification will have a range set. Then each school in the state will be looked at and placed into the appropriate level. The only way a school will be moved up a classification prior to the meeting in June 08, is if they exceed a 20% growth increase during the 05-09 periods. I many not have explained things as well as some others can but this is basically how it goes.

Your assertions and a few of your peers sound like Democratic Political spinmeisters using half truths. You Maryville haters never cease to amaze me. You use some complementary words to veil your putrid venomous hate for a group of hard working, group of classily HS team made up of teenagers who are the example of true

championions all to attempt to negate their historical and fair accomplishments. And you??™re talking about my kids as well because they are apart of the current record.

How about we talk about the game and spare us you??™re panegyric comments because we tire of them.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I have to say is I do not think it is right that a kid can pay tuition and go to another school. I also don't think that they should allow public and private in the same leagues. That is only my opinion though, and another thread.

Yes many schools do it. I know that Maryville is not the only one. Alcoa, Greeneville, DB, Elizabethton, and many many more.

Most are very good school systems. A lot of tuiton students have gone to Maryville City Schools since elementary school. Some don't even play sports.

There are some county systems that let students cross the county line and go to another school w/ out any tuition. I had a few neighbors when I was growing up that went to Greenback even though they lived in Blount County. We had a qb at WB that got kicked off the team, he shows up at Lenoir City. There are Blount County kids at Seymour. Probably some at South-Doyle also. I am sure there are others.

Now about the game. I kinda liked sitting on the visitors side last year. The first row of the upper deck is a great place to see the game. I wish Alcoa played on Saturday. I would like to be able to yell for the Tornadoes in person instead of from in front of my TV (which is located w/ in the Maryville City limits). No tuiton paying here.

I almost forgot: GO RED REBELS

Yeah Maryville has made it to the championship game, but hasn't all of their playoff games been at home? Let's see if they can play at a neutral site on a college field. They will probably have trouble.

Thanks Heather for that insightful analysis. Not only is it a neutral college field, it is a neutral college field with Astroturf. I'm not sure the Rebels have the right kind of shoes to play on that kind of field and that could slow them down as well.

Yeah Maryville has made it to the championship game, but hasn't all of their playoff games been at home? Let's see if they can play at a neutral site on a college field. They will probably have trouble.

Does the real Heather Harrington from sports talk 99.1 know you are using her name on this board? Even though Ms. Harrington has a limited knowlege of sports in general, she would be smart enough to know Maryville has gotten it done many times at home and away.

Besides, being in the Blue Cross Bowl in December has become a home game for the Rebels! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

yes they were all at home because they won their region and earned home field for the playoffs-your statement suggests that murvil couldn't have won if they had played at Rhea Co., Knox West, Red Bank, et South-what a load of *&$#.

guess what they've played on a neutral site since 1976 and have won 10 state champioships!!!! Why would they have trouble?-unless the bus breaks down. can we talk some real football, please?

you other posters that just want to cry et complain about what classification murvil is in or about recruiting should find another forum to discuss your delusions-the Red Rebels are going for #60 on saturday-nothing that you whine about is gonna impact the game-GO RED REBELS-Move them Chains!!!!!!

Most are very good school systems. A lot of tuiton students have gone to Maryville City Schools since elementary school. Some don't even play sports.

There are some county systems that let students cross the county line and go to another school w/ out any tuition. I had a few neighbors when I was growing up that went to Greenback even though they lived in Blount County. We had a qb at WB that got kicked off the team, he shows up at Lenoir City. There are Blount County kids at Seymour. Probably some at South-Doyle also. I am sure there are others.

Now about the game. I kinda liked sitting on the visitors side last year. The first row of the upper deck is a great place to see the game. I wish Alcoa played on Saturday. I would like to be able to yell for the Tornadoes in person instead of from in front of my TV (which is located w/ in the Maryville City limits). No tuiton paying here.

I almost forgot: GO RED REBELS

thats sounds fishy ... some students pay to go to maryville?? ..thats like private school-ish ..thats foul!!

no wonder you guys ..have a good team ..every year, tssaa ..should be all over that.. you guys need to pick ..public or private ... but wait until after the game ... all this talk Maplewood not ready maplewood not that! They would not be here ..if they werent ...im to hype!!! and there is not a single tuiton paying student on maplewoods roster and they are here and ready!!! ...And i like thier chances ..thats why they play the game!

move the chains ..feel the pain!!!

i cant wait to see the sunday paper!

i have a feeling of what the headline will say...............

Maplewood pulls the upset of the centry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

my pick the real MHS 36

that other team 35

dont you love thoes last minute drives ending with a two point conversion(HCHS) hahahaaha /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

P.S. I have to say maplewood has had the best halftime adjustment ive seen this year. Shotout to the coaching staff.

Let me put this in perspective....Maplewood lost to Ooltewah. That is all I need. Ooltewah lost to WB 32-0, Bearden 35-0, and Oak Ridge 17-7. This game will be the easiest for Maryville yet. Maryville wins and wins BIG to make it 60 in a row. Absolutely Amazing! 38-6 final.

to you my friend how about you go to this site and tell me who realy should have won the game.

Regardless of the final score, this will be a victory for Maplewood! Props to Maryville for what you have done over the past several years. Your record speaks for itself. Maplewood is a team that went 0-10 a few years ago. The school has been in the news for low test scores and graduation rates. People thought nothing good could come from the school. For years, good athletes didn??™t come to Maplewood because of its bad reputation. There was no little or no budget. The zoning changed every two or three years. With all that said, Maplewood represents inner city schools all over the state that don??™t have a state of the art weight rooms, corporate sponsorships and endless finances. They won??™t be scared and will play with tenacity! Props to coach Thompson for uplifting the whole east Nashville community!!!David -vs.- Goliath!!!!GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!Regardless of the final score, this will be a victory for Maplewood! Props to Maryville for what you have done over the past several years. Your record speaks for itself. Maplewood is a team that went 0-10 a few years ago. The school has been in the news for low test scores and graduation rates. People thought nothing good could come from the school. For years, good athletes didn??™t come to Maplewood because of its bad reputation. There was no little or no budget. The zoning changed every two or three years. With all that said, Maplewood represents inner city schools all over the state that don??™t have a state of the art weight rooms, corporate sponsorships and endless finances. They won??™t be scared and will play with tenacity! Props to coach Thompson for uplifting the whole east Nashville community!!!David -vs.- Goliath!!!!GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!