Sullivan South

I absolutely love this SSHS thread!

Great to see such excitement about HS football. I understand South scrimmages Volunteer at the end of week two. Are there other scrimmages? Does D-B have any scrimmages scheduled?

There is so much on this thread that I could comment for a long time - it will have to wait. For now, just a few comments will have to do. On the following topics:

DB v SS - Be careful Rebels, the top dog is the top dog until proven otherwise. BTW, the DB AD also had a role in ending this. There was not a lot of glory on either side in ending it. I don't think it will be renewed for a long time, particularly as long as SS can split with Science Hill.

SS RBs - I suggest SS plan to move two of the four which have been talked about to other positions. SS will throw early and often. The QB run out of the Utah spread was devastating to defenses and opened up seams for the RBs last year. Stacy has his approach and will stick to it. He began it at SE with Matt Eads (sp ?). There will not be enough carries for four RBs. The other thing that is key to the SS offense from a RB perspective is pass blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield.

SS Success Next Year - All of those predicting SS's demise in the post Curt Phillips era will be greatly disappointed. SS will battle Betsy and THS for the R-I 4A title in weeks 9 and 10.

Sensibaugh - The real deal and the only legit D-I RB prospect in the area.

Cassell - We will see. If he is as good as some say, they will find him a place to play.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love this SSHS thread!

Great to see such excitement about HS football. I understand South scrimmages Volunteer at the end of week two. Are there other scrimmages? Does D-B have any scrimmages scheduled?

There is so much on this thread that I could comment for a long time - it will have to wait. For now, just a few comments will have to do. On the following topics:

DB v SS - Be careful Rebels, the top dog is the top dog until proven otherwise. BTW, the DB AD also had a role in ending this. There was not a lot of glory on either side in ending it. I don't think it will be renewed for a long time, particularly as long as SS can split with Science Hill.

SS RBs - I suggest SS plan to move two of the four which have been talked about to other positions. SS will throw early and often. The QB run out of the Utah spread was devastating to defenses and opened up seams for the RBs last year. Stacy has his approach and will stick to it. He began it at SE with Matt Eads (sp ?). There will not be enough carries for four RBs. The other thing that is key to the SS offense from a RB perspective is pass blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield.

SS Success Next Year - All of those predicting SS's demise in the post Curt Phillips era will be greatly disappointed. SS will battle Betsy and THS for the R-I 4A title in weeks 9 and 10.

Sensibaugh - The real deal and the only legit D-I RB prospect in the area.

Cassell - We will see. If he is as good as some say, they will find him a place to play.

The D-B Athletic Director did not have a role in ending the series.

Roll Tribe Roll

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 

???? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

???

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 

???? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

???

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  SatchUmp,?  your assumption is wrong, for I'm just a fan. And no I'm not stirring the city boys pots I'm just having fun . You see I know alot of the DB parents and boys we have fun joking with each other.Although we do'nt play each other anymore we play the if game.You see some of the DB boys are just like my sons.I'm a DB fan as well as a SOUTH fan I have alot of tie's to DB , so maybe you can better understand the speed of the game if you had watched DB play for years and then start watching the MLC.But I believe the MLC is starting to catch up !!? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  With all of that being said I'd like to wish SOUTH and DB the best of LUCK !!!!!!!?  And just to let you know when I'm not at the SOUTH games I'm at J FRED STADIUM pulling for the MIGHTY INDIANS.

I need to better understand speed huh? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Wanna bet? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I've seen the speed for years of DB, South and the MLC, Alcoa, Maryville, Knox Central, Oak Ridge... shoot every school in east tennesse practically. I've also witnessed a few College and Junior Olympic track meets in my day. I'll drop it now though, because I cannot hold it against you that you are simple ignorant in this matter and incorrect on this one. This thread is a South thread so lets get back on topic.

Did you guys see where ESPN has Hunter on their top 150 watchlist? Congrats to him. Does anyone know if any of the other south kids have anyone actually recruiting them not just sending mail? Did anyone go to camps last summer or plan on going this year? Did anyone go to any of the junior days held by many colleges this spring? Any information would be appreciated.

I need to better understand speed huh? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Wanna bet? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I've seen the speed for years of DB, South and the MLC, Alcoa, Maryville, Knox Central, Oak Ridge... shoot every school in east tennesse practically. I've also witnessed a few College and Junior Olympic track meets in my day. I'll drop it now though, because I cannot hold it against you that you are simple ignorant in this matter and incorrect on this one. This thread is a South thread so lets get back on topic.

THANK'S for letting everyone know that you are a expert on speed and Ignorance!!! And I do'nt recall asking for any of your advice I just made a statement MR. SPEED EXPERT !!!!!!!

THANK'S for letting everyone know that you are a expert on speed and Ignorance!!! And I do'nt recall asking for any of your advice I just made a statement MR. SPEED EXPERT !!!!!!!

Redneck...don't go there with Satch. He's not so bad. You see, he is an Official...a TSSAA Official. So no, it doesn't mean he is God of speed or anything and yes, sometimes he jumps to conclusions but he does have a pretty good understanding of the talent of NET...whether it be 1A, 4A, or 5A. I think he has been an Official for 10 years around or about so he has seen a lot of the good ones. Yeah I know, it doesn't give him a license. He just so happened to have been one of the fastest DE's to come out of NET in his day...4.6 6'3'' 260lbs. and his son is one of the 5 fastest people in NET. We can all be a jerk every now and then and so can he...maybe even you and me too! So go ahead and call the truce and let's be civil. OK? And Satch...calm down. I know injuries bring out the devil. I know you've already had your share.

Redneck...give him a chance man. He just gets hot bothered with the DB domination thing. Especially when it is at the expense of South.

Now let's talk football. Good Lord, Cap ain't even here yet. Man you want to see the shizz hit the fan then...

Redneck...don't go there with Satch. He's not so bad. You see, he is an Official...a TSSAA Official. So no, it doesn't mean he is God of speed or anything and yes, sometimes he jumps to conclusions but he does have a pretty good understanding of the talent of NET...whether it be 1A, 4A, or 5A. I think he has been an Official for 10 years around or about so he has seen a lot of the good ones. Yeah I know, it doesn't give him a license. He just so happened to have been one of the fastest DE's to come out of NET in his day...4.6 6'3'' 260lbs. and his son is one of the 5 fastest people in NET. We can all be a jerk every now and then and so can he...maybe even you and me too! So go ahead and call the truce and let's be civil. OK? And Satch...calm down. I know injuries bring out the devil. I know you've already had your share.

Redneck...give him a chance man. He just gets hot bothered with the DB domination thing. Especially when it is at the expense of South.

Now let's talk football. Good Lord, Cap ain't even here yet. Man you want to see the shizz hit the fan then...

Satch, I owe you a apology,I said some stuff I should'nt have said so I apologize.So let's do what you said and get back to the topic of South football.So with that being said,I was told today that Clint ca'nt take part in spring practice because his DR wo'nt release him.I also heard that two boy's were going to transfer from DB to South one is a linebacker and the other plays on the line.My wife told me this she said some lady was talking about it in my wife's office.

Satch, I owe you a apology,I said some stuff I should'nt have said so I apologize.So let's do what you said and get back to the topic of South football.So with that being said,I was told today that Clint ca'nt take part in spring practice because his DR wo'nt release him.I also heard that two boy's were going to transfer from DB to South one is a linebacker and the other plays on the line.My wife told me this she said some lady was talking about it in my wife's office.

Dang, now our recruiting coordinator is gonna want a raise! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I heard one was a 3 star and the other a 4 star. You heard anything Comp?

Dang, now our recruiting coordinator is gonna want a raise! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I heard one was a 3 star and the other a 4 star. You heard anything Comp?

Naw...I'm still working on that new film. I finished it last nite. Yeah, bring 'em on. Bring they parents too...maybe they can teach us how to get some money fo' nuttin' so's we can have a cook out every day after practice bought and paid for. And man...a few more transfers and Stacy and Sam gonna want a city size perk. Rick Hill you listening. '08...Can't wait!

Dang, now our recruiting coordinator is gonna want a raise! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I heard one was a 3 star and the other a 4 star. You heard anything,Comp Dang, you mean I can get a raise out of this ? WOW!!!!! And hey both of these men are 5 star's,,ha!ha! And by the way Comp,those cookouts after pratice are awesome! And if you are talking about DB they say out of success comes plenty of money so DB has plenty of cash. As for Stacy and Sam wanting a new (PERK) as you say,who knows they might get the chance to coach the Indians when Graham decides to give it up,on the beautiful 1 million dollar field.I mean who would be a better choice than Stacy, I think he's a great coach and so do my DB (parent) friends. And talk about $$$$$ as you say,, they would have no problem spending some of it on a great coach like Stacy Carter would you. I mean money speaks!! and the city will spend it to get the best for thier kids.

Dang, now our recruiting coordinator is gonna want a raise! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I heard one was a 3 star and the other a 4 star. You heard anything,Comp Dang, you mean I can get a raise out of this ? WOW!!!!! And hey both of these men are 5 star's,,ha!ha! And by the way Comp,those cookouts after pratice are awesome! And if you are talking about DB they say out of success comes plenty of money so DB has plenty of cash. As for Stacy and Sam wanting a new (PERK) as you say,who knows they might get the chance to coach the Indians when Graham decides to give it up,on the beautiful 1 million dollar field.I mean who would be a better choice than Stacy, I think he's a great coach and so do my DB (parent) friends. And talk about $$$$$ as you say,, they would have no problem spending some of it on a great coach like Stacy Carter would you. I mean money speaks!! and the city will spend it to get the best for thier kids.

Redneck...if you know so much and are in tight with the DB money people then tell me why ETSU can go D1 in roundball and make it to the nationals but won't bring back football? Oh and if your DB friends are going to subsidize our program tell them that we want two things: Two new poles of field lights and to reinstate our classic...This year! And would Stacy go to DB? I believe he would turn them down...Oh my word...I said it. Besides, Graham is one state championship away from even considering retiring. 150G vs 50G...my my.

So while we are on the subject, who would be the prospective replacement for "Ole Sockless" as far as DB people are concerned. The DC? Oh but it does have to be a DB grad right? A Souther QB coaching DB?! So Stacy at DB and Hunter Jordan at South...let the games begin...and the sparks fly.

Redneck...if you know so much and are in tight with the DB money people then tell me why ETSU can go D1 in roundball and make it to the nationals but won't bring back football? Oh and if your DB friends are going to subsidize our program tell them that we want two things: Two new poles of field lights and to reinstate our classic...This year! And would Stacy go to DB? I believe he would turn them down...Oh my word...I said it. Besides, Graham is one state championship away from even considering retiring. 150G vs 50G...my my.

So while we are on the subject, who would be the prospective replacement for "Ole Sockless" as far as DB people are concerned. The DC? Oh but it does have to be a DB grad right? A Souther QB coaching DB?! So Stacy at DB and Hunter Jordan at South...let the games begin...and the sparks fly.

Comp...I didnt say Stacy was leaving tomorrow I meant when Graham decides to retire.As for ETSU football is concerned the President can't even explain honestly why they won't bring it back. Now the field lights, I guess I could try to get some of the rich DB money people to donate...or they might give us thier old lights when they get new lights,to match thier beautiful field...and if you get the chance you need to get by and see it,WOW!! its just well,, how do I word this...AMAZING, thats the best way to describe it.The city of Kingsport should be proud heck even the people of Sullivan County should be.As for Stacy turning DB down well he might,but $$$$ talks when you have bills to pay.And although he's loyal to South it would be hard to turn the DB job down.As for Hunter Jordan I believe he would make a excellent coach,and I have heard that Hunter has turned down some schools because...either he's very dedicated or he's waiting for Stacy to move on. Well thats something to chew on.As for DB and South ever playing again, never you see although DB might have all the money to spend on the football field South has all the better talent on the playing field.And I'm not saying DB is without talent I just believe South has way more to pick from,and DB's AD is afraid they would get embarrassed.