Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at it this way, FBmoron....

Maryville should NEVER......EVER lose to Alcoa, period.

So 14-1 would be fine with me.

Remember, we are a 2A school playing against a 5A 4A school.

Remember that.

So I am moron?

You are right Maryville should never lose to Alcoa. You might note they seldom do. It happends every now and again. It makes the games fun. Have fun with Spring Hill, they are comming off a 1-9 season and should be a good warm up. The past few years Alcoa only loses when they step outside of 2A.

Think what you will about me.

Remember that.

Ok I Have resisted addressing this for quite some time now, but your post quite honestly is a lot of bull. It gets really old Alcoa whinning "you ought to beat us as small as we are". Then in August brag about having 75-100 kids out for football. 425 student population? So one fourth of the school is on the football team? You guys are either manufacturing football players over there or 65% of your enrollment is tuition students? But bottom line if the numbers i constantly hear thrown out are accurate your "NEVER EVER" just doesn't wash. You have a stable of backs that could start for most schools in the state in any classification. You have had plenty more D1 prospects than Maryville over the past few years. You have ZERO competition in 2A and that includes whoever you see in Murfreesboro. I respect the program and have no beef with you either but the "poor little pitiful us" routine just dosen't cut it over there any more. And if the enrollment is really 425 it has dropped because I saw a reliable source last year that it was well over 500. But again, when it concerns poor little Alcoa, the numbers given usually seem designed to fit the post.

I think Maryville will start the season 1-2, with an opening loss to Halls, followed by and even BIGGER loss to Alcoa, which I believe will THEN be followed by a small (5-10 point) victory over Clinton.

Eye uhgree.....Tha D-B fanz sed Hauls wuz lots bettur than Mairvul....Hauls bye 6 or 7 td's and Alcouh eye haiv allreddy enstalled as a 85 point favoritt.... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Remember that.

APB shood've Will-Yum Blunt nevur haiv lost two Greenbak???..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

MHS,

Sorry I struck a nerve there....

But, numbers are numbers. Even Coach R said when you play a team like Maryville, it is like playing three on one. Yes half of the male student population does play football, but remember as well, we have to dress freshmen and we have to USE freshmen. And it is not just a Maryville that I am talking about. WB and Heritage should be in that never...EVER class. But we also know that is not the case there either. They dropped us, not you so we have to travel over 200 miles for at least one game every year, have to have a team travel that far, bus another team in from memphis, at our expense....you get the picture. We do not get to pick and choose who we play against and that is unfortunate, plus we do not get the gates for WB and Heritage that we did in the past. I dont know where you got your "well over 500" info, but the number of 450-to-500 would be close to correct or else our beautiful campus would be covered with those unsightly portabe buildings because the school is not designed to hold more that 500.

As far as "the numbers given usually seem designed to fit the post"

I could use the same argument to you but I wont because I would like to think that we are both above that.

Better focus on game one now though, it will be a good one Halls looks strong and the Rebs are out to show they are still "the man" Woooooooo!

See you in two weeks.

Ok I Have resisted addressing this for quite some time now, but your post quite honestly is a lot of bull. It gets really old Alcoa whinning "you ought to beat us as small as we are". Then in August brag about having 75-100 kids out for football. 425 student population? So one fourth of the school is on the football team? You guys are either manufacturing football players over there or 65% of your enrollment is tuition students? But bottom line if the numbers i constantly hear thrown out are accurate your "NEVER EVER" just doesn't wash. You have a stable of backs that could start for most schools in the state in any classification. You have had plenty more D1 prospects than Maryville over the past few years. You have ZERO competition in 2A and that includes whoever you see in Murfreesboro. I respect the program and have no beef with you either but the "poor little pitiful us" routine just dosen't cut it over there any more. And if the enrollment is really 425 it has dropped because I saw a reliable source last year that it was well over 500. But again, when it concerns poor little Alcoa, the numbers given usually seem designed to fit the post.

The highest enrollment was 473 in 2006. Due to school over crowding, Alcoa started placing higher academic requirements on tuition students. This dropped the enrollment to 431 by spring semester `2007. This years enrollment is 425 at this time.

Yes, Alcoa has 78 players including the freshman this year. Yes, with 425 students, typically demographics being approximately 50% male to Female, that would put about 213 males students in the school. Out of the 213, typically about 90 come out for football. By the season opener you will typically have between 70-80. Therefor the the percent of male students would be much higher than "one fourth" more like 36.6%

65% tuition students? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> No, less than 10% AND more than likely less than Maryville.

So, YES, I guess Alcoa IS manufacturing football players, the same way the fine coaches at Maryville does.

NOW, Heres where the "NEVER EVER" comes from...........Take Maryville's student body and randomly select 425 students from the current enrollment. From those 425 students you take your current Coaching staff and build a football team? In that selection you may lose players like Smith, Jordon, Shuler, etc? NOW, with that team can you beat Alcoa year in and year out? I doubt it. School size does matter, and that's the simple point to be made. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Eye uhgree.....Tha D-B fanz sed Hauls wuz lots bettur than Mairvul....Hauls bye 6 or 7 td's and Alcouh eye haiv allreddy enstalled as a 85 point favoritt.... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Not that I would ever doubt your word STARS... but I doubt DB fans were very impressed by Halls since they drilled us in our scrimmage and you guys beat them soundly. Halls has improved some since then but we all know who the favorite is in this game.

By the way, I have called Faye and asked if she will save "sprinkler" money for Halls and bring some tropial rain for Friday.

Like Ironman said, the big game is now less than two weeks away. Of course, while Halls can and should expect to be soundly defeated by at least 13 points (see FBE's post above), Halls might make a decent tune up for the big game against Alcoa and perhaps not be a complete waste of time for the utterly indomitable Rebel machine.

By the way, I have called Faye and asked if she will save "sprinkler" money for Halls and bring some tropial rain for Friday.

fairplay2121.... Eye haiv sprinkled a littler bit myself in a big arnge Fay....Butt please don't emptee a Fay on tha feeled at Hauls...Go on ahaid an use kleen sprankler water.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />