It's Football Time In The South

Guest longhorns51

Been saving this one until I had time to reply. What a laughable post. Enjoyed it immensely. Where did you play football in the north? Probably nowhere worth mentioning, as obviously you and the bufoon who wrote this could combine your knowledge of football in the north and not fill a thimble. Just exemplifies people's prejudices, ignorance when it comes to the north vs the south thing, and it's done by both sides. Like how people who live in the north(not yankees-the war is over....you lost....get over it)view southerners. Truth is, when it comes to football traditions, fan support etc., it's as good in the north as it is anywhere.

Stadium Size:

North: College football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

South: High school football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

Actually, 3 of the 5 biggest stadiums in the country are in the north(Ohio St.,Michigan,Penn St.). Outside of Texas, name 3 h.s. stadiums that hold 20,000...... Ohio, Pa alone overall fan support/attendance blows the rest of the south away in that regard. I would love to see what h.s. football playoff attendance in the south would be if the temperature was below 25 degrees without wind chill. We pack 'em in no matter how cold it gets, or how much snow flies. Down here, you bum rush Kroger's and prepare to be stuck in the house if the word snow is mentioned. Probably the funniest thing I've seen down here. You really don't have a clue how "fanatical" and diehard fans are up north.

When National Anthem is Played:

North: Stands are less than half full, and less than half of them stand up. Comical.

South: 100,00 fans, all standing, sing along in perfect four-part harmony. Only ONE stadium in the entire south holds 100,000(UT).

The rest of it is even funnier. People in the north go through the same hardships in getting tickets, getting to stadiums,etc. Tailgate and party just as hard. The glories of northern football are just as rich in tradition as anywhere else in the country, and in some ways even better.The game was invented in the north. Most all of the innovations and advancements happened in the north. College and pro hall of fame is in the north. There is a reason for that, and being from the south, you wouldn't understand it. There is a saying that follows; "Where you stand depends on where you sit". Think about it. It's the way it is no matter where you're from in this great country. For 40 years I lived less than a half hour away from the cradle of football....Stark County Ohio. From where I sat, and also from where I'm sitting now here in TN, nothing in this football universe comes close to that.

Amen you win (fellow yank here) they still hold a grudge

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen you win (fellow yank here) they still hold a grudge

No grudges hear- We are just tired of Yankees movin' to the beautiful south, and then tellin' us how great it is where they left! If it was so good up there , then go back, and leave us down here in Paradise. /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

Been saving this one until I had time to reply. What a laughable post. Enjoyed it immensely. Where did you play football in the north? Probably nowhere worth mentioning, as obviously you and the bufoon who wrote this could combine your knowledge of football in the north and not fill a thimble. Just exemplifies people's prejudices, ignorance when it comes to the north vs the south thing, and it's done by both sides. Like how people who live in the north(not yankees-the war is over....you lost....get over it)view southerners. Truth is, when it comes to football traditions, fan support etc., it's as good in the north as it is anywhere.

Stadium Size:

North: College football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

South: High school football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

Actually, 3 of the 5 biggest stadiums in the country are in the north(Ohio St.,Michigan,Penn St.). Outside of Texas, name 3 h.s. stadiums that hold 20,000...... Ohio, Pa alone overall fan support/attendance blows the rest of the south away in that regard. I would love to see what h.s. football playoff attendance in the south would be if the temperature was below 25 degrees without wind chill. We pack 'em in no matter how cold it gets, or how much snow flies. Down here, you bum rush Kroger's and prepare to be stuck in the house if the word snow is mentioned. Probably the funniest thing I've seen down here. You really don't have a clue how "fanatical" and diehard fans are up north.

When National Anthem is Played:

North: Stands are less than half full, and less than half of them stand up. Comical.

South: 100,00 fans, all standing, sing along in perfect four-part harmony. Only ONE stadium in the entire south holds 100,000(UT).

The rest of it is even funnier. People in the north go through the same hardships in getting tickets, getting to stadiums,etc. Tailgate and party just as hard. The glories of northern football are just as rich in tradition as anywhere else in the country, and in some ways even better.The game was invented in the north. Most all of the innovations and advancements happened in the north. College and pro hall of fame is in the north. There is a reason for that, and being from the south, you wouldn't understand it. There is a saying that follows; "Where you stand depends on where you sit". Think about it. It's the way it is no matter where you're from in this great country. For 40 years I lived less than a half hour away from the cradle of football....Stark County Ohio. From where I sat, and also from where I'm sitting now here in TN, nothing in this football universe comes close to that.

Good night, there's always one in every bunch...you are the type of person that makes YANKEE a bad word around here.

It was a funny post - you should have left it that way.

And to reiterate what some of the other guys on here said about going back if you don't like it here...you know, Delta is ready when YOU are.

Good night, there's always one in every bunch...you are the type of person that makes YANKEE a bad word around here.

It was a funny post - you should have left it that way.

And to reiterate what some of the other guys on here said about going back if you don't like it here...you know, Delta is ready when YOU are.

I live in south Florida, which is part of the north. Most of the northerners are moving to east Tennessee. Good luck with them up there. I've tried to steer them away from the Nashville area, as I still dream of getting back up there.

As to the post itself, dead on! I explain to northerners down here that I played in front of 8,000 people in a freshman game, and they're incredulous. With the exception of St. Thomas and the schools from the black community, attenedances in Miami-Dade and Broward are pathetic. It's a shame too, since there are some really great athletes out there.

The University of Florida: 42 The Ohio State Middle School: 14

The Louisiana State University: 38 The Ohio State Middle School: 24

The Pac-10 even did it to them earlier this season (35-3)

The University of Tennessee beat the University of Wisconsin in bowl action last season, and most will agree, Tennesee is the garbage of the SEC. But, the Big 10 drives the garbage truck.

Should I even talk about the "University" of Michigan?

Penn State is the only thing up North worth talking about.

The South is clearly better. The North, not so much.

Charles Woodson still won the heisman.

whoa dont even go there we all peyton got screwed by the media and the fact that espn absolutely hates UT, lets see their best argument was that woodson would have been better at QB than peyton would have been at cornerback. woodson was obviously a better athlete no argument there but peyton was the best offensive player that year and got friggin screwed and we all know it. but seeing as peyton will go down as a top 5 QB ever i guess he didnt really need it.

whoa dont even go there we all peyton got screwed by the media and the fact that espn absolutely hates UT, lets see their best argument was that woodson would have been better at QB than peyton would have been at cornerback. woodson was obviously a better athlete no argument there but peyton was the best offensive player that year and got friggin screwed and we all know it. but seeing as peyton will go down as a top 5 QB ever i guess he didnt really need it.

Hey man I'm a Gator fan, and even I have to admit that Peyton Manning got screwed. He faced better competition and made more of an impact on his team. Yes Woodson was a better athlete, but find a corner that is less athletic than a pocket passer, it just doesn't happen. Peyton was one of the greatest in the SEC (again, coming from a Gator), and he will go down as one of the best in the NFL. I agree with you wholeheartedly.