big 9 basketball

unc1

DB's Freshman Team beat SH in the District Tournament last year by 40 points. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How come freshmen and JV teams mean nothing if D-B's are the ones getting beat? But, if they are winning, they are a sign of things to come? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" How many freshmen on SH's team were playing up last year? I know they have two freshmen playing varsity this year for sure. Trust me, the Hill is loaded with young talent coming up. Maybe I'm a year off, but it is coming. Believe dat!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true. I think it starts a lot with kids when they are younger, though. Too many Dads coaching that have no business. Even in middle school, the best teams don't even play each other. I remember back when I was younger Omar and a lot of the Toppers were competiting for States in AAU. This area could really use an AAU team such as the Midstate Ballers and the Travelers.

Jeremy Schulman is the head guy for the Mid-State Ballerz, and he has been in the AAU game since the TN Travelers actually played AAU. Now they play in private sponsered tourneys by invite only. Some of the players from the Big Nine have benefitted from these teams, but by-in-large, there are too many talented players from this area not taking advantage of their resources. Take it from me, you will regret choices you let others make for you after you have graduated. I will always regret NOT playing football for Wilson and Clark, or AAU until my junior year. GOD BLESS!!!!

How come freshmen and JV teams mean nothing if D-B's are the ones getting beat? But, if they are winning, they are a sign of things to come? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" How many freshmen on SH's team were playing up last year? I know they have two freshmen playing varsity this year for sure. Trust me, the Hill is loaded with young talent coming up. Maybe I'm a year off, but it is coming. Believe dat!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't remember anyone ever saying DB's freshmen teams "means nothing". We have said that they don't put alot of thought into the JV teams in basketball or football. And that is true with more schools than just DB. I don't know if you just woke up from a comma or what but Science Hill is always loaded with young talent coming up, they usualy have at least one freshman playing varsity, and they always are a threat to beat DB and visa-versa. I think you are just in that ole' "wait till next year" mode. Always hoping for someone to beat DB. Sad. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I don't remember anyone ever saying DB's freshmen teams "means nothing". We have said that they don't put alot of thought into the JV teams in basketball or football. And that is true with more schools than just DB. I don't know if you just woke up from a comma or what but Science Hill is always loaded with young talent coming up, they usualy have at least one freshman playing varsity, and they always are a threat to beat DB and visa-versa. I think you are just in that ole' "wait till next year" mode. Always hoping for someone to beat DB. Sad. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No Jack. What I'm saying is, we are about to have another threat from NE Tennessee to win the state. True SH is always loaded with young talent. But, it's about to get turned up a notch. SH and D-B are always competitive but are not always a state threat. This year for example, D-B is the team to beat right? But, does anyone actually consider them a threat to win the state? Maybe a few D-B fans, but nobody else. In the next few years, SH will be back to where they were a few years ago. Sit back and watch.

No Jack. What I'm saying is, we are about to have another threat from NE Tennessee to win the state. True SH is always loaded with young talent. But, it's about to get turned up a notch. SH and D-B are always competitive but are not always a state threat. This year for example, D-B is the team to beat right? But, does anyone actually consider them a threat to win the state? Maybe a few D-B fans, but nobody else. In the next few years, SH will be back to where they were a few years ago. Sit back and watch.

SH was getting beat or playing real close to by Johnson County a few weeks ago. You guys were just glad that one of your football coaches, Bart, was calling the game. You can't play that close to Johnson County and consider yourself a threat for state in any mindgame. Without Odem, you are not a threat to compete in the Big 9. The guys you have coming are not that great. You better be recruiting some size for the future.

SH was getting beat or playing real close to by Johnson County a few weeks ago. You guys were just glad that one of your football coaches, Bart, was calling the game. You can't play that close to Johnson County and consider yourself a threat for state in any mindgame. Without Odem, you are not a threat to compete in the Big 9. The guys you have coming are not that great. You better be recruiting some size for the future.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

No I don't think you understood me. Cap1's group wouldn't even be in the same league as that team. The guys you mentioned were competiting for State Championships. Wait sorry, winning State Championships. The talent in East Tennessee will probably never be that good again.

Knowing many of the players in both groups JRock??¦IMO this group is a more skilled group. It??™s the mentality and the heart that separates these two generations. And with that said I have to admit that YOU ARE RIGHT??¦???Old School??? would run them off the court. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Sorry 'bout that jrock. One of the reason's the talent pool is less here now is because of what CAP1 said. Schools around here care about one thing, and that's their own programs. Some coaches don't help their own players get college scholarships anymore, citing it's "not their job to help them." And having an AAU program would help the player tremendously. Just ask Coach Pitts. He allowed me to coach those 90's boys, because he knew I taught fundamentals and preached for kids to get their grades first, then athletics. Pitts was one of a kind for the Hill and there will not be another like him in our lifetime. I think the biggest turn for me to get out of coaching AAU was the opportunity to coach in TSSAA. I still think about going back a lot, but the politics now is even greater than before with what CAP1 stated being so true. Just a note to all parents.......if you can find a god program that teaches morals, fundamentals, and getting grades first, then AAU can be a wonderful tool for your child t be one ofthe area's best and good looks for a scholarship. GOD BLESS!!!!!

Amen brotha!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> After being involved with Coach Pitts up close and personal through King??¦I??™m really starting to believe the man can turn water into wine??¦REALLY!! He??™s able to squeeze the max potential out of 98.9% of the players that come in contact with him. Put him somewhere like ETSU with the recruitment potential they have and I would be shocked not to see them at the Big Dance more years than not.

Jeremy Schulman is the head guy for the Mid-State Ballerz, and he has been in the AAU game since the TN Travelers actually played AAU. Now they play in private sponsered tourneys by invite only. Some of the players from the Big Nine have benefitted from these teams, but by-in-large, there are too many talented players from this area not taking advantage of their resources. Take it from me, you will regret choices you let others make for you after you have graduated. I will always regret NOT playing football for Wilson and Clark, or AAU until my junior year. GOD BLESS!!!!

I had the opportunity to get very acquainted with Jeremy over the summer. He got us in a tournament or two that we otherwise wouldn??™t have been on the ???short list???. Good coach; excellent eye for talent. He could have pulled a couple players off my squad if he pushed it, but he cut me some slack till we were done. He obviously didn??™t need them anyway.

I??™m thinking that YOU could build a reputable program in this area so that these kids don??™t have to travel all the way to Davidson, TN every weekend to practice. You have the name, reputation, and experience. And I find out with every post that you obviously have the connections??¦and everybody in Kingsport has money??¦don??™t they. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I agree. And to support it I have two words??¦Carver Rec.! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />