Oak Ridge vs. Farragut predictions?

Ole Dad

Dang. Ooltewah must have really poured it on in the 2nd half.

One thing Farragut needs to def. improve on is not having so many penalties at terrible times. Seems like, especially this game, every time they had a decent run it was called back. Farragut has had problems with penalties in the redzone already.

Farragut wins 34-8. Congrats to Coach Courtney for passing Bill Clabo for winningest coach at Farragut. I wonder if he is getting credit for the Soddy win? He now has 88 wins.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Courtney on becoming the all-time win leader for Farragut Football, awesome accomplishment! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Score should have been alot worse with some bad red zone production and a couple of bad penalties but all around a good game for the Admirals. Also a congrats to the seniors! Good luck to the Oak Ridge fans hopefully next year they will be back to usual form.

Congrats Farrgut! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Now go for the Gold!

In 2001 I would not have thought Coach Courtney would ever turn the corner.

Glad to see a good man come out on top. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

BTW-What has happened to Nick O and all his Ferrygut or ferrygutless remarks in the past. Maybe he grew up. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> LOl

Sounds like OR has the same problems as UT. As a fan what can you say.

I've seen some great games on OR's field against DB and FHS. They will be back to much tradition and State Titles on that scoreboard.

Wow, I did not know the win loss record was so one sided between FHS and OR. The Ads better get the wins while they can.

Will they play each other next year?

Regarding Coach Courtney, in a profession filled with good guys he's one of the best. He's devoted the better part of 30 years to Farragut High School and the Farragut community. This year the old concrete home stands at Farragut were replaced with a new aluminum structure. It seems like perfect timing to give "Admiral Stadium" a more official name. Personally, I love the sound of, "Bill Clabo Field at Eddie Courtney Stadium . . . "

Eddie Courtney is a class act and it would be nice to name the stadium for him.

Congrats to Farragut on a good season. Keep it up a few more weeks.

That being said Thank goodness this season is over!!! Now if the powers that are suppost to be will do the right thing and have a clean sweep maybe we can start over with a clean slate. If not just more of the same old stuff, and then down the tubes due to the lack of decent coaching,

Thank goodness this season is over!!!

bounder

Its been rough on us also but for different reasons. I wish you well. Next year we'll all have a whole new set teams to play with a playoff scenario that will probably take every engineer in atomic city to calculate. Good luck and keep the faith...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Man Oak Ridge I really feel for you guys now. Ive been thinking that all you guys complaining about the coaching situation is a little over the top but after watching that game last night dang. You definetly are still an Oak Ridge team with the same kind of players Oak Ridge has always well rounded for the most part and good talent here and there. Someone on that coaching staff needs to learn what an offense is and stop playing backyard football. Ive never heard of an Oak Ridge team that only ran 4 running plays in one game. If this kind of coaching persists over the next couple years the honorable Oak Ridge program is in for a long slump. Absolutely very little reasoning existed in what i saw of that offense last night.

Congratulations to Eddie Courtney for a good season, he is a class act from the git go, got to say that first and foremost. He has made this program the best it can be.

That being said, I did not see this Farragut team as being as good as the one last year. They don't run the ball as well, Oak Ridge was able to match up better up front in this game, although their secondary gave up a lot of passing yards. The Oak Ridge offense was the best charity that Farragut could find, too many interceptions and drops. Had those not occurred the game might have been close because talent wise, the teams were close to being even, with Oak Ridge having a speed advantage it didn't use well. Farragut will face a Science Hill team that always has good speed and athletes, so watch out Admirals in the first round. IF they get by that, a trip to Kingsport is in the cards, but they could win both of those and face the Owls at Ooltewah in a couple of weeks. They will have trouble with a power team that has speed on the flanks.

Oak Ridge Administration must evaluate their entire situation NOW! A 4-6 season should be the final warning shot across the bow. Doing nothing is not an option. There is still enough talent there to be in the playoffs each year and with the new Region schedule more certainly! For the players, decide now you are going to make a comeback for OR Football next year, when the weight room is open, be there! Work hard on off season conditioning and strength training, and work on your grades, so as to make sure not one of you is ineligible for bad grades. Don't worry about the other issues going on, just work on getting better yourselves, as individuals and as a team.

"That is not a Knife! " Tom Bailey 2008'

Main Entry: 1knife

Pronunciation: ?€n?«f

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural knives ?€n?«vz

Usage: often attributive

Etymology: Middle English knif, from Old English cn?«f, perhaps from Old Norse kn?«fr; akin to Middle Low German kn?«f knife

Date: before 12th century

1 a: a cutting instrument consisting of a sharp blade fastened to a handle b: a weapon resembling a knife

Bailey is a clown. He has ruined the Oak Ridge education system as Oak ridge High School has dropped 1,000 spots in the rankings of US High Schools since his arrival. The number of National Merit Scholars at ORHS has dropped by 70% since his arrival. The football team can't even get in the playoffs on the "Double Ron Brown Rule." But, if you ask him to rate himself he gets a 4.99 out of 5.0. You think he is out of touch with reality? You think?

Ram Dad

Congratulations to Eddie Courtney for a good season, he is a class act from the git go, got to say that first and foremost. He has made this program the best it can be.

That being said, I did not see this Farragut team as being as good as the one last year. They don't run the ball as well, Oak Ridge was able to match up better up front in this game, although their secondary gave up a lot of passing yards. The Oak Ridge offense was the best charity that Farragut could find, too many interceptions and drops. Had those not occurred the game might have been close because talent wise, the teams were close to being even, with Oak Ridge having a speed advantage it didn't use well. Farragut will face a Science Hill team that always has good speed and athletes, so watch out Admirals in the first round. IF they get by that, a trip to Kingsport is in the cards, but they could win both of those and face the Owls at Ooltewah in a couple of weeks. They will have trouble with a power team that has speed on the flanks.

Oak Ridge Administration must evaluate their entire situation NOW! A 4-6 season should be the final warning shot across the bow. Doing nothing is not an option. There is still enough talent there to be in the playoffs each year and with the new Region schedule more certainly! For the players, decide now you are going to make a comeback for OR Football next year, when the weight room is open, be there! Work hard on off season conditioning and strength training, and work on your grades, so as to make sure not one of you is ineligible for bad grades. Don't worry about the other issues going on, just work on getting better yourselves, as individuals and as a team.

As 'Cactus Jack' put it that the administration has seen the final shot fired across the bow, I just wonder what HE thinks needs to be done besides working out in the weight room which most good teams do anyways?

I know what most schools would do but maybe he can enlighten us as to what he think OR should do?

Any bets it is either give SS a raise or even MORE assistants?

Maybe one new assistant to explain that this knife is a joke so do not go home and tell your parents. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Firing shots across the bow is NOT the only thing that needs to be fired! There has been enough fired across the bow to sink the entire Costa Rican Navy!