Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally speaking as to the questions about the crowd against Sullivan South? Greene County has four high schools other than Greeneville and not a lot of their fans go to a Greeneville game to watch them play. There are not a lot of them who really care enough about Greeneville to support them. Also the cold weather did play some factor into it.

I dont think Coach McCurry will let the Devils live on a high note from the South game because not only he but everyone knows that the task at hand is like trying to move a mountain with a hoe and shovel. It is gonna be TOUGH. I am not gonna say it can not happen but it will be difficult and I am sure that they understand that and noone has to tell them.

Congrats to the Greene Devils, the coaches have done a great job keeping this bunch focused after all that they have gone through. Lets give it to Maryville and make them earn it Friday night. Good Luck!

To Charlie Arrington: Man you are in college how can you afford to buy someone a cheeseburger at the game, LOL

I think if Greeneville can get that great offense working, and the hard working defense forcing turnovers, Greeneville will win. Not many teams in Tennessee can stop this offense when it's clicking. Trevon Hall has 1,351 rushing yards on the season(stats from south game not added)and doesn't plan to stop now for Maryville. Greeneville also has Jeremy Barner who suffered a broken foot in week 2 but, in barners last couple of games, he has been running harder than ever. The offense also has good recieving. Ryan Fillers has snatched in 14 touchdown catches and has almost 800 yds recieving. I hope more people show up this game than last nights game. SS had alomost more people than GHS.

My Prediction: Greeneville 42 - Maryville 38

Hope to see all Tri-Cities residents at the game friday!

Go Big Greene

Greenville's going to score 42 points on Maryville "If" they can get their offence clicking? You would not have a clue about the way Maryville plays defense or adjusts to the opponent??™s strengths. 1994 was the last time Maryville had 40 scored on them by anyone. Greenville might not score 42 points on Maryville in five games!

This year Greenville managed to score 42 points on Mercer Co KY who I think is like 7-6 and Cherokee who finished their season at 6-5. They are not quite like Maryville. I am hoping Maryville had their flat Offensive game vs. Rhea Co Friday night and will score their average 35. Rhea made some mistakes and Maryville was on them like a cheap suit. The offence made a few mistakes in fumbles, but did not give Rhea Co any chance to turn those miscues into points. You also might note of the 107 points allowed by the Rebels this year, 38 of them have come late in the 4th qtr??™s when the dogs have been called off. That means this defense averages 5.3 points allowed during the time when the game is not in hand. GQ doesn??™t hang needless points on teams like other programs do.

It is great to see many posters from the other NE TN schools intend to come out and pull for the Green machine with the hope that they can defeat the Rebels. I agree all things must come to an end, but Maryville will roll over Greenville like a speed bump. And I say that with all due respect and humility toward Coach McCurry and the fine program he is building at Greenville. But that is why we play the games and David did knock off Goliath!

Greenville's going to score 42 points on Maryville "If" they can get their offence clicking? You would not have a clue about the way Maryville plays defense or adjusts to the opponent??™s strengths. 1994 was the last time Maryville had 40 scored on them by anyone. Greenville might not score 42 points on Maryville in five games!

This year Greenville managed to score 42 points on Mercer Co KY who I think is like 7-6 and Cherokee who finished their season at 6-5. They are not quite like Maryville. I am hoping Maryville had their flat Offensive game vs. Rhea Co Friday night and will score their average 35. Rhea made some mistakes and Maryville was on them like a cheap suit. The offence made a few mistakes in fumbles, but did not give Rhea Co any chance to turn those miscues into points. You also might note of the 107 points allowed by the Rebels this year, 38 of them have come late in the 4th qtr??™s when the dogs have been called off. That means this defense averages 5.3 points allowed during the time when the game is not in hand. GQ doesn??™t hang needless points on teams like other programs do.

It is great to see many posters from the other NE TN schools intend to come out and pull for the Green machine with the hope that they can defeat the Rebels. I agree all things must come to an end, but Maryville will roll over Greenville like a speed bump. And I say that with all due respect and humility toward Coach McCurry and the fine program he is building at Greenville. But that is why we play the games and David did knock off Goliath!

It is impossible to make a comment like "roll over Greenville like a speed bump" with all due respect. It is clearly a comment intended to belittle and prefacing it with "all due respect and HUMILITY" is a joke.... GreenEVILle will do their best to slow Maryville's march to the 'Boro....I hope they're more of a brick wall than a speed bump. Go Devils!!!

It is impossible to make a comment like "roll over Greenville like a speed bump" with all due respect. It is clearly a comment intended to belittle and prefacing it with "all due respect and HUMILITY" is a joke.... GreenEVILle will do their best to slow Maryville's march to the 'Boro....I hope they're more of a brick wall than a speed bump. Go Devils!!!

ok so maybe he was just stating the obvious when he said that Maryville is gonna roll over Greeneville like a speed bump, but i think it will be more of a minor pot hole!

ok so maybe he was just stating the obvious when he said that Maryville is gonna roll over Greeneville like a speed bump, but i think it will be more of a minor pot hole!

I have no problem with him saying it...just don't try to take the high road like its a freakin compliment or something.

I hope Greenville didn't leave too much on the field friday night because if that was as tough as a game as it sounds then I hope they can fill their tanks up quick! Although I think Maryville is a team that can be beat on any given Friday night no one has found the way to get it done the last 73 consecutive games (absolutely amazing) and as much as I'm pulling for our 5 rivers conference brethren I think its to much of a hill to climb. Greenville is going down to play a well oiled machine but it can be derailed with the right scheme and every one of them devils playing like they have never played before! With that being said good luck Devils and represent your conference for the last time before realignment. I'm sure there will be some Falcons down there rooting you on as well, I know I'll be there.

GO FIVE RIVERS!!!

GO GREENEDEVILS!!!

A speed bump is used to slow traffic and if you want to go down the road you got to go over it! Greenville has had a great season, and could be a brick wall. Greenville could win, it happends, but I doubt it will this Friday. I respect them but I don't worry about your view of the high road.

Second place is also the first loser. I thought you would make a comment because I said "Greenville might not score 42 points on Maryville in five games"!

To Charlie Arrington: Man you are in college how can you afford to buy someone a cheeseburger at the game, LOL

I'm officiating wrestling so I have a little spare change to throw around; if my girlfriend doesn't find it first, LoL. I'm pretty excited about eating one myself. Besides...if a cheeseburger will put a smile on etfan's face I will more than gladly give my last few dollars to see it, because I'm really beginning to believe that he is incapable of doing so, haha.

I'm just messing with you etfan, I wana say thanks to all the fans from other schools who plan on coming down Friday. From a players standpoint, I know that it would mean alot to me if we were in this position last year. I've advocated the healthy rivalries that lie within and between the Five Rivers and Mountain Lakes all season and it's really starting to show.

Maryville fans...how did Halls end up finishing out their season? I watched your boys game against them and at one point in time (before the reverse pass) thought they may have actually had your number. Look foward to seeing the big red machine in all of its glory on Friday. It should be a packed house and I can't wait. Have a safe trip.

As I heard on the radio earlier in the week, "Who would've ever thougth that UT would be a two TD underdog to Vandy?" Well, just looking at records, stats, and the past one would pick Maryville. They do deserve the benefit of the doubt, but "on any given night." Go Devil, it may just be YOUR night!