Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

No they were not. SS got spanked by Maryville 48-21. Two TD by SS came in the 4th qtr where SS had their starters playing those 2nd and 3rd string kids. Green played a hard nosed game tonight and don't need to hang their heads. South was again overrated IMHO.

Agreed and last years South team was let by the great Curt Phillips...Greeneville was marshalled by a converted RB.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville was a great place to watch a High School Football game.

Maryville's offense executed like a well oiled machine on offense.I don't remember any fumbles. Philip Juhlin is a great quarterback. He can throw it or run it. Mason Trenda came up huge last night. Thomas Shuler and Buddy Jones ran the ball hard. Offensive line blocked well.

Defense played well also. Holding a team like Greeneville to 6 points is huge.

Only negative was missing extra points and 2 point conversions. Kick coverage was good.

It never gets old seeing Maryville go to Murfreesboro.

No they were not. SS got spanked by Maryville 48-21. Two TD by SS came in the 4th qtr where SS had their starters playing those 2nd and 3rd string kids. Green played a hard nosed game tonight and don't need to hang their heads. South was again overrated IMHO.

LOL that game was far from a spanking, up to half time it was anyones game and a fumble by KK and a blown coverage by a DB leaving a reciever wide open gave them 14 we couldnt overcome. You obviously didnt watch the game. PLus you guys got them with a first year starting QB, Tight End and running back (though Shular split some time in backfield last year) if we want to get technical about it. This was Maryvilles "supposed" downyear for rebuilding with replacing most of their key offensive starters but with the coaching and heritage they still are the team to beat.

What exact play or plays are you talking about that you say the "zebras" won for Greeneville? Just wondering....

Well the obvious one is the blown call on the touchdown call with 30some seconds to go, game film is from greenevilles side and of course no hold. But all that aside good job Greeneville by making the game and playing your hearts out, nothing to hold your head down on in this game, Its the University of Maryville and they know football. And my hats off to TRevon Hall (spelling?) you were the game breaker in the SS game and I think you have loads of talent bud, no doubt we'll be seeing you somewhere at the next level /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What do you know, you were not there.... you had to be there to see it. not by reading about it. Have you seen the film? Have you seen the Pics on the final play? They are there on Tricitiessports.com click on Photo Man. Sorry you think i was crying a river, but facts are facts, TSSAA would not do anything anyway. I am just glad South will not be playing you 2 schools for at least til the next reclassification. Maryville's moving up to where they have belonged for the past 8 years. South is moving up. and Greenville is moving down to play weaker teams making sure they win every season.

I have read a great deal of stupidly on these boards but Maryville has been in the classification that the T$$AA placed them in. Just like SS and the rest of HS have been. Maryville may have been among some of the largest but you have to draw the line somewhere. Besides a team can only have 11 on the field when the ball snaps. Join the crowd and call the T$$AA, I am sure they will add your name to the complaint list about Maryville. I would say the officials did miss a few calls, both ways. It is part of the game. The refs miss calls in the NFL too. How many calls do you think Greenville would have needed to win last night? Oh, I forgot overrated Sully South is your team. Greenville saved them a home field beat down because the Maryville Rebels already know what it is like to put a spanking on your Reb's. Greenville also gave Maryville an extra practice at game speed to prepare for those Hillsboro Burros who will get to practice all week at MTSU on the turf.

Greenville played the Rebels tough and they over came adversity to even get to the semi's. The devils have nothing to hang their heads over; they left it all out on the field. The kid who wanted to drink, drive and party worse than he wanted to play HS football hurt his team and might have made a difference for the Green Devils. I doubt it, but he might have. I applaud the GHS Coaching staff and Administration for dismissing him from the team. He was a great player for them. I have respect for every hard working kid at Greenville and they have a great young coach who will really help them stay at the top in any class or region. Greenville has a great facility and community support. Top notch field turf as well. No doubt the school board has invested in the program.

Football wise I said Greenville would be "A speed bump" for Maryville and that turned out to be true. They slowed the Rebels down but in the end Maryville scored their average 33 and allowed just under their average 8 point's on defense. Maryville had no turnovers and used several players to score and get big gainers for efficient time consuming ball control. The defense always bends but seldom breaks down, even when Greenville used a good trick play to get a badly needed first down. The 08 Rebels did what their older brothers now sitting in the stands did when they wore the Red & Black and defined what is now know as the "Black Swarm". Stayed focused, in control and never let the thought of a loss enter their minds. Team game and this team has peaked at the right time of the season. I thought they would have lost a game this year but I was big-time wrong on that. I never doubted they could be where they are this morning and I don't doubt that they can beat Hillsboro next week. I do doubt that SS could beat anyone Maryville played this post season. Good luck next year Bonnieblue, you will need it to get past some of Knoxville and Chattanooga area teams at any classification. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You are way off the path FB. You should get your facts straight before you go trying to use South's loss to Maryville to pump up your own loss. Fact is South played Maryville much better than you did. It matters not because that was last years team. But just for the record the score at the half was 21-14 Maryville. South opened up the second half with a 75 yard drive disposing of nearly 7 minutes of the clock. South was set to tie the game midway through the 3rd at 21 all when Kaleb Kitzmiller fumbled on the 5 yard line. Yes, I said 5 yard line. That is where we drove to on the first possesion of the 2nd half. The game was over after that as Souths will was destroyed. But South was definately in the game until that point. And then we got spanked as you say. Maryville did not put in their 2nd teams until about 4 minutes left in the 4th. South may have been overrated as you say but if not for the ref who threw 6 flags from 30 seconds left in regulation til the end of the second overtime and all against South then you would not have had the oportunity to play Maryville. I'm glad you got to have that experience but you were never in the game. Everybody knows you were handed the game by the ref. And yes, you recieved a beatdown. And by the way the last TD for South came in the beginning of the 4th to make it 35-21. That was with all Maryvilles starters. They scored twice more with Burnette and company before relegating the remainder of the game to the second team. It's easy to make someone look bad when you distort the facts isn't it.

Great evening of football! Maryville was well prepared for this game. Credit the coaches and players for their hard work during Thanksgiving week to be ready.

Offense was running on all cylinders, even the 2nd and 3rd team late was driving the ball. Juhlin was the best QB on the field, Hall is an incredible athlete and gave Maryville fits at times but Phillip was the total package.

Shuler and Jones ran the ball well behind good blocking from the O line. Offensively, is was a great display of assignment football, everyone did their jobs effectively.

Defense was strong as usual. If we can keep Hall corraled for only 6 pts, I like our chances against the athletes of HHS.

The field was great! The stand are obviously not made to accomodate large crowds. The aisle on the visitor's side was too narrow and the gate is a nice touch but blocks traffic. I'm sure the stands are adequate for most regular season games but a bit small for semi-finals.

Murfreesboro (Skeeter West) here we come!!!!

Maybe so but you did not Stomp or Spank the Rebels.. you Robbed them..

Greeneville got robbed, Maryville cheated, the refs stole the game from us, the hot chocolate was too weak, the seats were cold.

Oh wait a second. I'm sorry. I was just practicing my Bonnieblue, et al, impersonation...

Hats off to an outstanding Maryville football team. What a finely tuned orchestra! Very impressive and I for one, being an eyewitness can tell you we gave it all we had and it didn't matter. But, you know what? We will get better from it. Greeneville is a very young football team. A lot of offensive starters graduating but some good youngsters to fill their shoes. Only losing 3 from a defense that has improved every game, well until last night, that is. Also, thank you for being the class act you are, not only players and coaches, but the fans too. Very graceful winners!

Devils, don't hang your heads! Be proud for making it further than most thought you could.

I want to apologize to all the SS cry babies on here. If we had not stolen the quarter-final from you, I'm sure you would have put Maryville right in their place.

Keep the train rolling and the streak alive Maryville! We're pulling for you next week (not that you need it).

You are way off the path FB. You should get your facts straight before you go trying to use South's loss to Maryville to pump up your own loss. Fact is South played Maryville much better than you did. It matters not because that was last years team. But just for the record the score at the half was 21-14 Maryville. South opened up the second half with a 75 yard drive disposing of nearly 7 minutes of the clock. South was set to tie the game midway through the 3rd at 21 all when Kaleb Kitzmiller fumbled on the 5 yard line. Yes, I said 5 yard line. That is where we drove to on the first possesion of the 2nd half. The game was over after that as Souths will was destroyed. But South was definately in the game until that point. And then we got spanked as you say. Maryville did not put in their 2nd teams until about 4 minutes left in the 4th. South may have been overrated as you say but if not for the ref who threw 6 flags from 30 seconds left in regulation til the end of the second overtime and all against South then you would not have had the oportunity to play Maryville. I'm glad you got to have that experience but you were never in the game. Everybody knows you were handed the game by the ref. And yes, you recieved a beatdown. And by the way the last TD for South came in the beginning of the 4th to make it 35-21. That was with all Maryvilles starters. They scored twice more with Burnette and company before relegating the remainder of the game to the second team. It's easy to make someone look bad when you distort the facts isn't it.

Comp, you're full of bull butter too!

Comp...FB is a maryville fan...

Hats off to an outstanding Maryville football team. What a finely tuned orchestra! Very impressive and I for one, being an eyewitness can tell you we gave it all we had and it didn't matter. But, you know what? We will get better from it. Greeneville is a very young football team. A lot of offensive starters graduating but some good youngsters to fill their shoes. Only losing 3 from a defense that has improved every game, well until last night, that is. Also, thank you for being the class act you are, not only players and coaches, but the fans too. Very graceful winners!

Devils, don't hang your heads! Be proud for making it further than most thought you could.

Keep the train rolling and the streak alive Maryville! We're pulling for you next week (not that you need it).

Greeneville was a great host and a great program. Thanks for a great evening of hs football! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />