Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are bringing 3,500 to 4,000 fans. Is the AD serious. How many doe Tusculum hold? Can we play @ Mo-Town.

RedRebulls ...Uncle Ronnie down at tha Nashvull offuss wil bee upset if'un thay onlee let 3500 inn...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ......That's about a fourth oz what wuz at last yeer's Will-yum Blunt-Mairvul gaim..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

RedRebulls ...Uncle Ronnie down at tha Nashvull offuss wil bee upset if'un thay onlee let 3500 inn...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ......That's about a fourth oz what wuz at last yeer's Will-yum Blunt-Mairvul gaim..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Here is what Uncle Ronnie's little book says

2008-09 TSSAA Handbook FOOTBALL REGULATIONS SECTION IV

E. The host school is to hold the games in stadiums with adequate facilities and large enough to handle the crowds.

Adequate facilities include but are not limited to:

1. Separate dressing rooms for both home and visiting teams with access to restrooms and shower facilities.

2. Separate dressing areas for officials with access to restrooms and shower facilities.

3. A restraining fence around the field or a stadium configuration that allows for control of spectator access to playing area.

If the host school does not feel that its facilities are acceptable for a football play-off game, then it shall be the responsibility of the host school to secure adequate facilities. If additional facilities are secured, then the visiting school and TSSAA must be notified by noon on Saturday preceding that week??™s play-off game.

F. The principal of the host school shall be the Game Director provided the game is played at his or her field. If additional facilities are secured other than those of the host team, the Game Director must be approved by the TSSAA state office. It shall be the duty of the Game Director to handle all financial arrangements for the game and to make a financial report to the state office and the participating teams.

There will be a large RED/BLACK caravan coming up I-81 (or US-321 for STARSNBARS).

Here is what Uncle Ronnie's little book says

2008-09 TSSAA Handbook FOOTBALL REGULATIONS SECTION IV

E. The host school is to hold the games in stadiums with adequate facilities and large enough to handle the crowds.

There will be a large RED/BLACK caravan coming up I-81 (or US-321 for STARSNBARS).

10-4 on both ov them....Thay don't want two rankull Uncle Ronnie's feathurs......How big iz Tuskcuelum's Staydeum???????

Here are some more raw stats:

Greeneville 2008

Jefferson County 3 - 7

D. Boone 5 - 5

Sullivan South 12 - 1

Cocke Co. 0-10

Mercer Co. (KY) 6 - 6

Volunteer 2 - 8

Cherokee 6 - 5

Mo. West 6 - 5

Mo. East 9 - 3

D. Crockett 2 - 8

Betsy 5 - 6

Tennessee 8 - 4

Sullivan South 12-1

Maryville 2008

Halls 4 - 6

Alcoa 12-1* (still playing)

Clinton 6 - 5

Heritage 1 - 9

Powell 9 - 3

William Blount 1 - 9

Knox Central 4 - 6

Knox West 5 - 7

South Doyle 4 - 6

Lenoir City 1 - 9

Cleveland 7 - 4

Knox West 5 - 7

Rhea County 10 - 3

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am ready to skip the turkey and move on to Friday. Did anyone think about playing this game on Thursday and Greeneville concession stand could have sold turkey legs and dressing on a stick? I am excited to have the chance to attend Greeneville, I have not been to a game up there since I was in college...I had to miss 2000 play-offs because I was not married to Barb (you are a fine woman Barb).

A couple questions for the Greeneville folks....

Do any of you know if the Shaw boys from the late 70's or early 80's have any boys playing this year?

How early will we need to get to the field to get a seat? Do you think they will actually stop selling tickets at 3500-4000?

I don't know about the dressing but the turkey legs have been a hot item all season....along with the "green and white sausage dogs"

Thank you for that posting. barb might be a fine women, but she needs to read her teams web page more closley! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

First of all happy Thanksgiving to all as we get ready for a great American event, Small Town High School football! The best of the greatest game in it's puriest form.

I do not think this game will draw 9000 people, maybe 6000. Upper East TN will want to come out and see the Rebels because a program with its histroy does not come along very often and there will be many people visiting who have nothing to do friday night. Many people will also come out hopeing that Greenville will be able to do what so many have failed to do the past ten seasons, beat the Rebels or even play them close for four quarters. I don't think Greenville is up to the task, but it could happen. The Rebels this year are beatable if they don't protect the ball better.

If Maryville has a weakness it is in turnovers. The previous three years MHS averaged 37.3 turnovers and lose an average of 18 by fumble and 9 by way of interception. Thats 1.6 per game over 45 games. This years Rebel team after 13 games have about the same average but normally those turnover have come during the early part of the season. This year the turnover are comming at the end of the season. Last time MHS had several turnovers during the semi game they lost in overtime.

Don't let them boys eat too much Turkey with out drinking lots of water. It will slow them down!

Will Greenville practice today? It has become an annual event at Maryville! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />