Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

I heard Dearstone this morning on Sports talk, who is from Greenville I think say, Greenville might restrict tickets because of the expected crowd? If that is the case many Rebel fans might not be able to get in.

Anyone heard this? I always get my tickets from the schools a few days prior to the game.

What is the scoop?

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could get ugly.

Picture hundreds of rabid Rebel fans frustrated with their wife's shopping all day finding out after a 1:40 min drive not being able to get a ticket to watch this game tonight!

I have decided to leave very early and I got my ticket!

Do they sell red body armor? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

In Georgia, the GHSA always sends a scout crew to see if the facilities are adequate to hold a certtain number of fans before a school is ALLOWED to host a playoff game. For a school of Greenevilles size to only hold 4k would not fly under their guidelines. But to the victor go the spoils...better head out earlier guys.

IF THE GATES OPEN AT 17:30 Where could one buy tickets early?

This is from Greeneville football website....

Advance Ticket Sales This Afternoon

Tickets for tonight's Semi-Final football game between Greeneville and Maryville will go on sale this afternoon at 2:00 PM at the main ticket gate at Burley Stadium. The Greenevillle High Football Booster Club is also having a tailgate party and bonfire in the back parking lot beginning at 5:00 PM. Everyone is invited.

In Georgia, the GHSA always sends a scout crew to see if the facilities are adequate to hold a certtain number of fans before a school is ALLOWED to host a playoff game. For a school of Greenevilles size to only hold 4k would not fly under their guidelines. But to the victor go the spoils...better head out earlier guys.

The OSSAA (Oklahoma) does a better job than the TSSAA when it comes to playoffs. The BLACK SWARM is coming to GREENEVILLE. This is the real reason they call it the BLACK FRIDAY!

I don't know about that. Hal Henard is deceiving with that second tier of seating. Regardless, maybe they will restrict the booster parking in the one endzone and open it up for seating. Some of it is on an incline so people could see. Bring your folding chairs just in case.

That's what I was saying a few days ago when everyone didn't think fans would show up.Put some temporary seats anywhere you can,back in that endzone would be perfect.I said this would be the biggest crowd ever and stand by it.

The OSSAA (Oklahoma) does a better job than the TSSAA when it comes to playoffs. The BLACK SWARM is coming to GREENEVILLE. This is the real reason they call it the BLACK FRIDAY!

BLACK SWARM FRIDAY!

YA GOTTA LIKE THAT!

Unless you are a Green Devil Ball Carrier comming off a huge Turkey Dinner! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I heard Dearstone this morning on Sports talk, who is from Greenville I think say, Greenville might restrict tickets because of the expected crowd? If that is the case many Rebel fans might not be able to get in.

Anyone heard this? I always get my tickets from the schools a few days prior to the game.

What is the scoop?

While this certainly might be possible, I'd rather doubt it. It wouldn't just be MHS fans not getting in. It could be GHS fans and parents who couldn't get in also. If GHS administrators were to do this, I'd expect that they'd have to have lots of police with riot gear AND I'd bet the TSSAA would hesitate to let them host next year. Remember the TSSAA gets 50% of the gate.