Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

Milan fans, I know I'm not your favorite poster on here. But now that the season is over, just want to share this.

I tried all season to encourage you to consider that maybe the Bulldogs weren't as good as you thought they were. But they were really that good. I was wrong. This year's team finishes as one of only six teams to play for a state championship in the storied history of the program. Only the third team to finish with 14 wins. The state's second best team in Class AA.

Once again, I sincerely apologize if I have upset or offended you. This season adds another chapter to the strong tradition that is Milan football and has to solidify their place as the best program in West Tennessee. The players, coaching staff and fans have a lot of which to be proud. Bulldog fans, you are some of the most passionate, dedicated fans in the state. The community support is just unbelievable. That showed this week - with what sounded like a huge purple-clad crowd at the game and many watching the game or huddled around the radio back at home.

Hope the guys that got hurt tonight are okay.

Congratulations to Milan on a great year!

To Alcoa - wow! Way to go on your fifth consecutive state title and tenth in school history. The Tornadoes proved, just like the last four years, that they are without question the best AA team in the state and one of the best statewide. My congratulations to your players, coaching staff and fans. An awesome team.

Thanks for the memories, guys. I'm very thankful to have been a part of high school football this year.

Here's wishing you and yours a joyous Christmas season.

It's a little late now as far as I'm concerned. I hope I speak for everyone when I say pull for another team. We don't need fans like you. Just my opinion. Most fans have something good to say about our team. Unless you were making an attempt to play like Lou Holtz. You ran us down all year. Maybe Alcoa will let you pull for them. Nah. probably not.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought our D was fine. Only gave up 172 yards to Alcoa. I'd say they held up their end. Our offense could not get into sync. Most of it had to do with Alcoa D. Better team did win. I do think that Alcoa knows tha Milan belongs though. Don't forget, I take my crow with ranch and celery.

Your defense was great last night. I would say Milan was #2 and Marion #3. It would have been a good game between these two teams. Congratulations on a great year Milan. One crow coming up.

Word is, he might be a Gator. Urban Meyer doesn't get much from Tennessee but I think everybody and their momma is after Avery. Hes a really good kid and one heck of a linebacker. Wish Milan would have let him run that trap earlier in the game! Coach Rankin is a Class Act for his remarks in the paper. He could have easily just talked about his own team and he totally went the other direction and gave Milan the props they deserved. Congrats again Alcoa.

I was interested to see a box score with stats. You can tell field position played a big part, that, and Alcoa's defense playing lights out. Milans defense was really strong. They played man to man with Sam Thompson the whole game. Milans offensive ability to sustain a drive came too late.

Thought the score before halftime put Milan back a lot. If it had only been 7-0 at halftime, Milan wouldn't have felt as down. The 2nd pass interference call looked questionable. But you can't face guard in high school supposedly? That was a key touchdown for Alcoa. That, and the punt return. Huge.

Congrats Alcoa. You proved why you were the champions. Milan is the #2 team in the state.

Time to get bigger and stronger on the line. Avery is going to be ridiculous next year. He has got to be a 4 star recruit, maybe a 5. Hes got all the tools needed to play at the next level.

By the way! what a gutsy call on the halfback pass on 4th and goal. Geez!

Here is some crow with greens and a little lemon twist...

All out of dressing Bulldog Girl and celery as well, cause celery goes in the dressing.

It was a good game to watch, Thought we would score 35 but Milan D was good.

Going to be fun to see Tallent at QB next season and almost all of the key players will be back.

Thanks to the Thompson family for having three great sons that represented Alcoa so well.

and in my best Boston accent....

"Hey FBM, howyalike them apples??? Eahhhhh?"

Here is some crow with greens and a little lemon twist...

All out of dressing Bulldog Girl and celery as well, cause celery goes in the dressing.

It was a good game to watch, Thought we would score 35 but Milan D was good.

Going to be fun to see Tallent at QB next season and almost all of the key players will be back.

Thanks to the Thompson family for having three great sons that represented Alcoa so well.

and in my best Boston accent....

"Hey FBM, howyalike them apples??? Eahhhhh?"

Hey APB , still here at the boro , I'll get those pictures emailed to you asap when we get home and get settled . Wish you coulda stayed , it was toooooooooooooooooooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttt ,lol . I looked for you know who yesterday and could not locate him , hmmm . Anyway, wanted to tell ya about pics and see ya at BOH on Fri. if we can all get together .

this game came down to 2 things. preparation and play calling. alcoa came better prepared and had a bigger playbook. they keyed on 2 players while on defense. jw and gilbert and they shut them down and were gonna make coleman win the game by his self and that just don't happen in high school football. alcoa's team speed on defense was amazing to say the least. wasn't impressed with their offense because their defense kept milan's offense off the field and in doing so just plain wore out a very good milan defense. dumb call on morris's part on trying the onside kick so early. you get momentum back then give it right back to them with a short field to boot. you cannot keep giving a team that is playing for a state ball a short field and expect to win and that's what milan kept doing. i've said all year that if milan would utilize their tight end in their passing schemes then you might have seen a different outcome. anyway congrats to alcoa you guys were fast, deep and totally outcoached milan. people are saying that these 2 teams will meet again next year. correct me if i'm wrong but i thought next year milan was playing a 3a regular season and 2a in the playoffs and alcoa was playinga 2a regular season and 3a in the playoffs. so how could they meet again. i could be wrong and if i am could someone please shed a little light on this subject?

Word is, he might be a Gator. Urban Meyer doesn't get much from Tennessee but I think everybody and their momma is after Avery. Hes a really good kid and one heck of a linebacker. Wish Milan would have let him run that trap earlier in the game! Coach Rankin is a Class Act for his remarks in the paper. He could have easily just talked about his own team and he totally went the other direction and gave Milan the props they deserved. Congrats again Alcoa.

I was interested to see a box score with stats. You can tell field position played a big part, that, and Alcoa's defense playing lights out. Milans defense was really strong. They played man to man with Sam Thompson the whole game. Milans offensive ability to sustain a drive came too late.

Thought the score before halftime put Milan back a lot. If it had only been 7-0 at halftime, Milan wouldn't have felt as down. The 2nd pass interference call looked questionable. But you can't face guard in high school supposedly? That was a key touchdown for Alcoa. That, and the punt return. Huge.

Congrats Alcoa. You proved why you were the champions. Milan is the #2 team in the state.

Time to get bigger and stronger on the line. Avery is going to be ridiculous next year. He has got to be a 4 star recruit, maybe a 5. Hes got all the tools needed to play at the next level.

By the way! what a gutsy call on the halfback pass on 4th and goal. Geez!

Just want to comment on what you said about the 2nd pass interference call. It was legit. No question about it. This is coming from a Milan fan. Not only can you not face guard in high school, but you can't do it at any level. The defender must turn to make a play on the ball. That being said, I don't think our guy even knew the ball was in the air. Of course that doesn't matter. It was definitely pass interference. I called it before I saw the flag. Not saying I know much, it was just that obvious.