9AA

junior1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant wait for this tournament to start!and if everything plays out like it should i especially can't wait for the championship between lipscomb and cpa! i love the matchup between miller and simpson. they are both just great players. i look for simpson and sanderson to light a fire under this lipscomb team and they will do great things come tournament time. i hope to see both cpa and dl in state!

I also cannot wait for another match up between these teams. I like to watch Simpson and Sanderson play....however, I would put my money on Anderson and Miller against Sanderson and Simpson any game , any day! Sanderson and Simpson are not as consistent as Anderson and Miller. And Miller and Anderson definitely are stronger on defense! These four players will definitely not decide the win on this rival match up! I predict CPA #1 in District Tournament!

Twilight 69 you are definitely overlooking some key players on CPA and DL maybe because you have a personal interest in two of your players, and I can guarantee you they will not beat CPA on their talent alone....but I can tell you for what it is worth.....I will take Z, Anderson, and Miller! They are three of the best players in 9AA!

I can confirm the district tourney is at Ezell. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Is Ezell's Gym big enough? I thought you had to have a minimum of 1,250 seats for AA post season tournaments. I know that FRA's Gym is too small to host Districts. I believe the minimums are 1,000 for A; 1,250 for AA; 1,500 for AAA.

I also cannot wait for another match up between these teams. I like to watch Simpson and Sanderson play....however, I would put my money on Anderson and Miller against Sanderson and Simpson any game , any day! Sanderson and Simpson are not as consistent as Anderson and Miller. And Miller and Anderson definitely are stronger on defense! These four players will definitely not decide the win on this rival match up! I predict CPA #1 in District Tournament!

Twilight 69 you are definitely overlooking some key players on CPA and DL maybe because you have a personal interest in two of your players, and I can guarantee you they will not beat CPA on their talent alone....but I can tell you for what it is worth.....I will take Z, Anderson, and Miller! They are three of the best players in 9AA!

i on the other hand would not take anderson miller and mason, i would take sanderson simpson and webb(who did not play last game) any day. and no i do not have personal interest for anybody on any team...i think if webb plays it makes a huge difference and DL wins this district

More details please......I know it is painful and you just want to go on to the next game, we felt the same way after the loss to East Lit, but how in the world did HF overcome a 10 point deficit in the last qtr to you guys?

The City Paper has a good article about the game. According to the article, CPA was up 13 with under 3 minutes to play.

I'm not giving up on my guys from CPA, BUT this loss is very disappointing and is another indication that, at this point, CPA is not ready to make a run in the state tourney, probably not even in the Region.

They have barely beat 3-4 below average teams the last month or so, and now to give up 25 points in one quarter after giving up only 27 in the first 3 quarters is inexcusable. Forget missed free throws - no quality defense should give up 25 points to an average HS team in one quarter. If they can't hold a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter against HF, teams like DL, Marshall Co. in the Region and Bolivar, AE, Dyer Co., etc. in the state will blow them out.

Maybe this loss will get their attention, but even so, they have proven they have a lot of chinks in their armor.

A disappointing year for a team that was rated in the Top 3-5 preseason, and has a lot of talent.

I'm not giving up on my guys from CPA, BUT this loss is very disappointing and is another indication that, at this point, CPA is not ready to make a run in the state tourney, probably not even in the Region.

They have barely beat 3-4 below average teams the last month or so, and now to give up 25 points in one quarter after giving up only 27 in the first 3 quarters is inexcusable. Forget missed free throws - no quality defense should give up 25 points to an average HS team in one quarter. If they can't hold a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter against HF, teams like DL, Marshall Co. in the Region and Bolivar, AE, Dyer Co., etc. in the state will blow them out.

Maybe this loss will get their attention, but even so, they have proven they have a lot of chinks in their armor.

A disappointing year for a team that was rated in the Top 3-5 preseason, and has a lot of talent.

You are correct about CPA. A disappointing year (at best) with some of the best talent you'll ever see on one high school team. One could only gather that these guys are a little burned out and set back by injury and fatigue. Last time I saw them play there was just no "beating of the chest" (so to speak). No fire.

It's not to late for them though. Crunch time is almost here. I know they can do it. They have the talent and the coaching to go deep in the post season.