Oakland @ Ensworth

lilcoach7

I could say I told you so. I ask you how you feel about having to eat your comments about Ensworth being too scared to play. I could even point out that Ensworth is only in their 3rd varsity season of football and just knocked out the supposed best team in the state despite being a Div. 2 AA team. I could mention the EHS has 400 kids as opposed to Oakland's 1500, but that would be pointless smack talk. Instead, I think I'll just say good game and 22-20.

I could point out the kickoff that never was. That call made sure ohs had 9 offensive plays in the 1st half. The motion penalty on fake punt that is not a penalty. The timeout that never was (McDaniel was calling timeout before 3rd down play ref was 8-10 feet away, ref comes back saying he couldn't hear him). The 2nd timeout that never was (Bowers more than halfway on the field calling timeout before our 2pt conversion and not getting it). These officials had absolutely no business calling the biggest game in the state. I could even mention EHS leaving their warmups about 15 minutes after OHS, and then the game being magically being delayed about the same 15 minutes (as if 48 hrs wasn't enough). Do you really think EHS found out about the delay at 6:55 like OHS did?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing how all the smack talk turns to excuses when you lose! the game lived up to the billing and that great defensive line that all the oakland fans said we would see was definitely there. oaklands defensive line wasnt bad either. oakland will dominate in the watered-down 6A, but DII is different!!

Its amazing how all the smack talk turns to excuses when you lose! the game lived up to the billing and that great defensive line that all the oakland fans said we would see was definitely there. oaklands defensive line wasnt bad either. oakland will dominate in the watered-down 6A, but DII is different!!

Yeah, must be nice to have an automatic trip to the playoffs. Ill take a watered down 6A where we at least have to EARN our playoff spot. No excuses from us, your buddy just tried to talk smack like Ensworth scored the upset of the year. I love smack, what good would message boards be without it?

Oakland surprised me in this one. I thought they might be able to win it all. But in the rutherford county region they will be lucky to make the playoffs. it is still early but they mad alot of costly mistakes. Ensworth should have won this game by 14 points instead of taking it into overtime. Oakland will definetly have some trouble this year when they have to run into Smyrna, Blackman And Siegel. Oakland secondary seems extremely weak. I though Ensworth should have exploided it more.

I could say I told you so. I ask you how you feel about having to eat your comments about Ensworth being too scared to play. I could even point out that Ensworth is only in their 3rd varsity season of football and just knocked out the supposed best team in the state despite being a Div. 2 AA team. I could mention the EHS has 400 kids as opposed to Oakland's 1500, but that would be pointless smack talk. Instead, I think I'll just say good game and 22-20.

Ensworth can recruit the whole State and in fact with their money the whole South....Oakland has one area to draw from. Big, big difference....great game between two good teams...one bought, the other from their neighborhood. :thumb:

Both teams should be proud and regardless man is it not awesome highschool ball. Please look @ my topic a few days ago from chicago tribune-coach suspended for recruiting violations.folks in chicago I was an o-cord for 10 plus yrs at a private school and yeah we did bend the rules. I laugh at bama comments sayin ensworth 400 kids to oaklands 1500 all to most kids at ehs play a sport.u forgot to mention that u recruit the best tuba players for the band as well

if im not mistaken, didnt oakland just have a coach that got caught recruiting a couple weeks ago. none of you were talking about recruiting on this board until you got beat. i believe oakland is a good team, and i hope they win it all. you just should not talk so much trash before the game, its just football.

fake handoff option? you need to get off the site...i was for ensworth, but thats called a veer, and its probably one of the oldest plays in the book. every coach in the world has that in the playbook somewhere...

My point isn't that it's an incredible play, my point is that our coaches called it. You could have Bill Belichick's playbook, but know when to call each play and how to work with a team is what makes the difference. Ricky Bowers is probably one of the best coaches in the state.

I could point out the kickoff that never was.

I agree, I still don't understand that. The refs were bad, but they were bad for both teams. If we had lost instead of you, you wouldn't say that though

Do you really think EHS found out about the delay at 6:55 like OHS did?

Yes, I do because I was in the press box next to the coaching staff who call the plays, when the tv people came in and told them that they decided to push back the game.

Yeah, must be nice to have an automatic trip to the playoffs.

MBA, BA, Baylor, Mcallie, and MUS are not exactly terrible teams

Ensworth can recruit the whole State and in fact with their money the whole South....Oakland has one area to draw from. Big, big difference....great game between two good teams...one bought, the other from their neighborhood.

I already addressed this. Ensworth is the only private school in the nation. if you look at the demographics of the players on the team, they're all just as close as any of the other students. Every time a D2 school plays, correction, beats a D1 school that argument always comes up. Towards Chattanooga, Bayor and Mcallie pick up players, and in memphis, MUS and Christian Brothers fight for players. MBA, BA and any other private school in the midstate, of which there are many, all wish to improve their athletic teams. But don't forget, ensworth still only has 200 boys to make up all its teams year round. They don't have the luxury of focusing just on football or just on basketball. Most people have to play multiple sports throughout the year just so we can have teams. Some, no, most of those football players are triple sport athletes.

Ensworth didn't have to play Oakland, and oakland didn't have to play Ensworth. Both teams scheduled the game looking for early competition. Ensworth tries to seek out the best teams and play them when they can. We play Symrna is a couple of weeks. I didn't say, nor do I think that this is the upset of the year. My point was that from the way you were talking about ensworth being scared and oakland's power backs running up the middle, you made it an upset. You have a good d-line and a fairly good team that stands a good chance of repeating and state champs. You should be happy you got to play a game that doesn't even matter as far as playoffs are concerned and played it against such great competition. Ensworth is just a better team.

OAKLAND JUST GOT ROYALLY SHAFTED, I'VE NEVER SEEN A REKICK BECAUSE THE REFS SCREWED UP A CALL UNTIL A FEW MINUTES AGO. IT WAS A 14 POINT SWING. ENSWORTH KCIKS OFF AND THE RETURNER GETS ROCKED AND FUMBLES THE FOOT BALL BIG SCRAMBLE AND AN OAKLAND PLAYER COMES OUT OF THE PILE AND GOES THE DISTANCE. THEN ITS CALLED BACK BECAUSE OF AN INADVERTENT WHISTLE, THEN THEY CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO DO SO THEY ACT LIKE IT NEVER WAS KICKED IN THE FIRST PLACE AND KICK IT OVER WHICH ENSWORTH THEN POPS IT UP AND RECOVERS THE BALL. BIG TIME SCREW JOB THAT OAKLAND MAY NOT RECOVER FROM.

Pro-tip: Don't post in all caps. When I see a post entirely in capital letters, I assume that since the poster isn't intelligent enough to turn off caps lock, he (or she) isn't intelligent to contribute to the discussion, and ignore the post. That's right, I'm replying to a post I haven't (and won't) read.

THANKS FOR THE PRO TIP SEEING HOW THIS WAS YOUR 10TH POST IT REALLY MEANS A LOT TO ME.

OAKLAND JUST GOT ROYALLY SHAFTED, I'VE NEVER SEEN A REKICK BECAUSE THE REFS SCREWED UP A CALL UNTIL A FEW MINUTES AGO. IT WAS A 14 POINT SWING. ENSWORTH KCIKS OFF AND THE RETURNER GETS ROCKED AND FUMBLES THE FOOT BALL BIG SCRAMBLE AND AN OAKLAND PLAYER COMES OUT OF THE PILE AND GOES THE DISTANCE. THEN ITS CALLED BACK BECAUSE OF AN INADVERTENT WHISTLE, THEN THEY CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO DO SO THEY ACT LIKE IT NEVER WAS KICKED IN THE FIRST PLACE AND KICK IT OVER WHICH ENSWORTH THEN POPS IT UP AND RECOVERS THE BALL. BIG TIME SCREW JOB THAT OAKLAND MAY NOT RECOVER FROM.

Pro-tip: Don't post in all caps. When I see a post entirely in capital letters, I assume that since the poster isn't intelligent enough to turn off caps lock, he (or she) isn't intelligent to contribute to the discussion, and ignore the post. That's right, I'm replying to a post I haven't (and won't) read.

THANKS FOR THE PRO TIP SEEING HOW THIS WAS YOUR 10TH POST IT REALLY MEANS A LOT TO ME.

http://www.albion.com/netiquette/netiquiz.html :thumb: