Maryville vs. McMinn County 9-11-2009

Red Rebels

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a good game. McMinn Co. is very athletic and plays solid football on both sides of the ball. Both teams match up very well but, the one advantage that Maryville has is coaching. I believe that Maryville will win because of coaching. However, McMinn should give Maryville all they want Friday night.

If McMinn can solve their special teams problems this will be a good game to watch. They will lineup with the rebels in every position fairly well. But of course the Rebels will have an advantage with the experience of their coaching staff. When's the last time Maryville lost a home game? Being a black and gold fan I'm picking a upset TRIBE 22- REBELS 21

Hat to admit this but McMinn County is a rather unknown to most maryville fans including me. Can an informed McMinn fan give us an update on what to expect from your team such as key players? Maybe a run down on players to watch and what to expect from the defensive and offensive side of the ball?

Thanks

Hat to admit this but McMinn County is a rather unknown to most maryville fans including me. Can an informed McMinn fan give us an update on what to expect from your team such as key players? Maybe a run down on players to watch and what to expect from the defensive and offensive side of the ball?

Thanks

Ok ill help you out with a brief scouting report: defense is 4-3 and will blitz according to offensive weakesses. Return a key piece of the defense with senior lb kris harris returning this week. Offense is spead to pass but often times qb will run. Qb cy ables( 6'5 200) has two big targets in mcdermott and smith both around 6'1 190lbs. Overall this is a verteran laden team with 26 seniors and over 16 returning starters. They should not be phased by playing at Maryville because this same team played #1 Dobbyns Bennette in the playoffs last year and won.

If mcminn plays to stop the pass and sustains the run the offense should be able to put up points against a vunerable maryville secondary. However Maryville coach George Quarles is an amazing motivator and its hard for me to see them losing at home this season....

Maryville 24 Mcminn 20

Thanks

Ok ill help you out with a brief scouting report: defense is 4-3 and will blitz according to offensive weakesses. Return a key piece of the defense with senior lb kris harris returning this week. Offense is spead to pass but often times qb will run. Qb cy ables( 6'5 200) has two big targets in mcdermott and smith both around 6'1 190lbs. Overall this is a verteran laden team with 26 seniors and over 16 returning starters. They should not be phased by playing at Maryville because this same team played #1 Dobbyns Bennette in the playoffs last year and won.

If mcminn plays to stop the pass and sustains the run the offense should be able to put up points against a vunerable maryville secondary. However Maryville coach George Quarles is an amazing motivator and its hard for me to see them losing at home this season....

Maryville 24 Mcminn 20

Thanks Tribe. Sounds like Maryville will have their hands full trying to win this game. Maryville has always struggled against spread offenses that have good running QB's. This is a very young Maryville team that will be challenged virtually every game this year.

Thanks again for the scouting report.

My Dear Maryville Friends,

TribeGuy12 is the real deal. He's a good fellow that we WB fans have always enjoyed talking to in our days in the McMinn County region.

Respect the name McDermott ... it seems the McDermott boys have been to McMinn County kind of like the Walker boys were at WB ... all of 'em are real players.

And Cy Ables is a beast. He not only tore us us in football, but killed us in basketball as well. Great athlete.

Lots of respect for George putting McMinn County on the schedule. Definitely not a "weak sister" out of region opponent.