ALCOA vs CAK

It's late, I feel as if I played the game myself, and I'm going to call it a night. But before I do that I thought I would pass along my muffled thoughts. CONGRATULATIONS to Alcoa. You have, and have had for a long time, a very fine football team. No doubt you set the standard for our district and for the entire state. You brought a great crowd. Your coaches did a nice job of having the players ready to play hard, and they did. I'm proud of the way the Warriors competed. I believe we could have competed better, but all in all not too bad. Our offense was lackluster at best, mostly because of good defensive play by Alcoa, and partly due to a subpar performance on our part. The defense played tough and made Alcoa earn their points, but they just couldn't seem to get the Tornadoes off the field, so the D was gased by the end of the game. Our special teams held their own. I thought CAK delivered some good hits as well as absorbed several themselves. Congrats to both teams for a hard fought contest. Good luck to both in the playoffs. Thats about it for now.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Narrowing the gap..... I disagree if it was not for the officials Alcoa would have scored more...

I was not impressed with your quarterback play..

Again Alcoa 325 yards rushing 2 td ...73 passing 1 td

CAK 49 yards rushing.....53 passing 1 td

Only drove the ball on alcoa one time.....

You could not stop alcoa running the football......Time of possession??????????

Narrowing the gap..... I disagree if it was not for the officials Alcoa would have scored more...

I was not impressed with your quarterback play..

Again Alcoa 325 yards rushing 2 td ...73 passing 1 td

CAK 49 yards rushing.....53 passing 1 td

Only drove the ball on alcoa one time.....

You could not stop alcoa running the football......Time of possession??????????

I see you joined CoachT in 2007 but only have 13 posts? Which means to me you're just a lurker. Listen up, I understand how easy it must be for you to sit behind your computer and regurgitate stats that have already been stated. You and I both know you didn't contribute to any of those stats, so why don't you stop acting like you did. No one from CAK has shown anything but class to Alcoa. Is Alcoa gonna win state? Yeah probably so, but like I said before, you didn't do anything to help. The Alcoa players are too classy to get on here and talk junk after a hard fought game so that's just going to lead me to believe that you are either a kid who doesn't have the guts to strap it up with the big boys, or an older man trying to relive his glory days. Either way, you lead a sad, sad life.

First, congratulations to Alcoa on the victory. Before I say anything else, I want to go on record as stating that Alcoa is probably the best D-1 team in the state. Secondly, congratulations to the CAK players on a 9-1 regular season, by far the best in our school's football history. Alcoa has a tremendous team, as demonstrated by their 17 point margin of victory over 6A Maryville, who may very well win the 6A title, and their 10-0 regular season. In addition, I think Alcoa's passing game has improved from the beginning of the season substantially. Someone can say what they want about "moral victories" trying to tear down CAK, but my question is, " what has the margin of victory been in Alcoa's other games?" The answer is that while I would have loved to have a victory, CAK kept the margin of victory to 17 points and is in pretty good company. While our offensive productivity was very poor, CAK also didn't give up 40 plus points. Alcoa has a tremendous number of athletes that play at a very high level. My hat is off to them on their athleticism and quality of play.

Now, I would be less than candid if I didn't say that I'm dissappointed with CAK's offensive play tonight. I am the first to admit that Alcoa's defense was stellar and was a major factor, but I saw things that we didn't do that I believe we could have done to move the chains. As far as the refs were concerned, I told Footballdad to use $100's so they would be less likely to fall out of the refs' pockets. Seriously, Alcoa elected to play a very aggresive style of defense and it served them well. Say what you will about the calls, but I believe review of the film will show at least 2 other plays that could have easily been pass interference in the first half that were not called. Another EASY offensive holding that was not called, etc. etc. I wouldn't even bring it up (as it would not have changed the outcome) if it were not for the whining of a few select Alcoa posters. I could care less about defending the officials, but most of those calls were obvious. My bottom line is that bad calls generally even out over the course of a game and rarely effect the outcome. My guess is that Coach Rankin will be working with his team to limit those penalties next week, not telling his kids how they were treated unfairly, but you draw your own conclusion. This one is in the books!

Good luck to Alcoa in the playoffs, unless and until we meet again!.

And to BC and Bridge, as always it was nice to see you guys! You guys are always a class act! :popcorneater:

I was impressed with CAK's first drive of the game. But i couldnt understand why CAK didnt blitz more on defense. I think to have success against Alcoa, you have to be more physical against them and not just sit back and let them come to you.

Alcoa is probably the best team in the state of Tennessee...period! Good luck to both teams in the playoffs!

First off Congrats Alcoa!! What a great game!!

I am shocked to see Alcoa fans crying about the officiating when the game was easily in the hands of Alcoa...

Lastly, I am disappointed in how dirty the Alcoa fans were. The amount of trash, confetti, alcohol, and tobacco left all over cak's bleachers was unnecessary. But, I must also add that even though there was a great mess, the Alcoa fans came in large numbers and were very friendly (as always)!

Can't wait to see the replay of this game to see if the officiating was as bad as it looked at first sight. I think we were penalized more last night than we had been the rest of the games put together. I find it hard to believe that the other officials were taking it easy on us during the other games. I know the refs have a tough job. Does anybody know where they came from?

Someone asked about the scores of past games: in 2008, Alcoa won by 21 in reg. season, 14 in post; in 2007: 17 & 35; in 2006: 42 & 43, in 2005: 49 & 35.

As far as the trash: One way to minimize the trash is to have garbage cans as you're going out, as well has having them strategically situated in the stands. I don't remember seeing any as I went out of the stadium. As for the confetti: just be glad we didn't score more, or else there would have been more! :thumb: Seriously, though, I'll agree that the confetti is a bit much. I've had to sit near the people who throw it a few times, and it's a pain getting that off my clothes & body when I get home. Disappointed to hear about the alcohol; I don't think we have that problem when we play at home. Saying that, if CAK wants to play the "big games" like last night, you may want to think about more visitors' stands. I got to the game around 6:15 and had a really hard time finding a seat. That place was packed that early. Great atmosphere for high school ball, except that pregame music was just a little too loud. I could barely hear the person next to me talk.

CAK played a good game, our defense was just too physical and too tough for them. Was proud of our defense for defending the pass. Was also proud that when CAK made the 1st td, our boys didn't get upset or deflated, they just went out and took care of business. Congrats to CAK for winning the 1st quarter, but it takes 4 to win a ballgame.

Anxious to see the brackets this morning, looks like there may be a chance we won't meet again until Thanksgiving weekend, if we both win out.

Again, congrats to CAK for a game well-played, and good luck in the playoffs.

I understand.......Alcoa 325 yards 2 td...

Fred white????????

Mark Packer???

Lay off Mark Packer....he was just saving himself a place at his dinner table.

He figured a Vegas line on the game would be 17 points for the F5 before the game and he would be out the vig....(not that I know anything about gambling, of course.)

Fred White is fair game though...he needs to humble himself and follow Coach Bradley's example.

Dad, GVK and PacMan sitting together was like watching Zoolander. You guys are too pretty to be football fans. Like trophy husbands, but your wives are trying to figure out what contest they won to get you. :thumb:

I understand.......Alcoa 325 yards 2 td...

Fred white????????

Mark Packer???

Lay off Mark Packer....he was just saving himself a place at his dinner table.

Fred White is fair game though...he needs to humble himself and follow Coach Bradley's example.

APB....Eye jest hope Pack-her maid enuff munny on tha Thursdee nite gaims two bye Heathur sum knew britches...Them khac-keys she wore eveur weak wuz gettin' sortee worn....

And Fred White ain't no Jo Name-Uth......... :thumb:

Congrats to Alcoa on the first undefeated season since 2000. You all deserve it with your outstanding play this season. We all know that the only way to an undefeated season is through the red rebels and it was great to see that accomplished. Hopefully we can continue the momentum into the playoffs and take that sixth gold ball in a row. It would also be nice if we could start some sort of streak over the red rebels but we will have to wait a bit for that. I was a part of the 2000 team that went undefeated and I know how great it feels to go through an entire season without a loss. Keep up the tradition and pride that comes with putting on that maroon jersey.