ROCKWOOD@HAMPTON

BDF36

As most of the Hampton fans knows, the team is in exelent hands, the coach knows the game and he also knows his players, thats a big part of coaching , you have to know you;re kids. Anyone that don;t trust the coach or his desisions don;t need to do anything but look up his record in his years of coaching, it might surprise you. I'm saying this for the few, most people know who they have. Now he is apt to make a bad desision at about any time, thats what humans do. The only people who don't make mistakes are the ones who don't do anything. I also think most people at the beginning of the year would have been really happy that Hampton would go 10 and 1 at this point in the season. They can lose at anytime because all these other teams come to win to. Sit back and get behind the TEAM ,That means coaches and players, they have all put in alot of hard work and effort. I'm sort of proud of the whole outfit. I know alot more than the average fan would know ,but some things are better kept to yourself. Desisions are made to better the team. I think thats what we all want. At least ,thats what it should be. Play for the name on the back of the jersy. Seems like someone already said that. We need to be as one and unified. Thats why its called a TEAM.GOOOOOOOOOOOOOBULLDOGSSSSSSSSSS

Pujo you hit the nail on the head there. At this time in the year anybody can beat anybody. And our fans need to wake up a little. We are slacking on giving these boys support. I aint that old but I know what it means to be a bulldog. We have a winning tradition here at Ole Hampton. I have been told that people use to dread coming to Hampton. They knew once they came through the double bridges it was going to be a rough night. People dont think that anymore and I think part of the reason is that are fans aint like they use to be. We get behind these boys like we need to it is untelling how far they will go. DAWGS have a good week of practice, coaches keep their heads straight(i know you will). Boys tighten those sholder pads, strap them chin straps and lets get fired up.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and one more thing,

"Play for the name on the front of the jersey not the name on the back"

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let all this negativity be your impression of the true tiger fans.

We are a huge under dog, playing on the road, at a place that is used to winning. Did I mention we are on the road??? A long way from Roane County. Quite an uphill battle.

Little bit about last week: IMHO....we were able to barely survive total disaster in the first half. Had 3 turnovers, and just didn't play well at all. We were able to make some key defensive plays with our backs against the wall. This combined with a flat Oneida team that only got 7 points out of 3 trips inside the Rockwood 10 yd line.

After a second half opening TD drive by Oneida....Down 14-0. Then we just turned on the switch in the 2nd half, and played very well. Very proud of the tigers for scoring 21 unanswered points in the second half on the road against a good Oneida team.

As far as this week, I won't make a prediction yet(although been pretty close the past 2 weeks)

Looking forward to a well played game by both sides.

I'll be in touch

GO TIGERS!!

Stop kidding yourselves

You think that the number of hot dogs you grill, or how many milk jugs you fill up are gonna make the difference in a HS football game??

I bet dogtricks was in the band. Did you play the trumpet or the trombone??? You don't have to tell me, I bet it was some instrument that you had to have strong fingers and lips for.

So you guys get your "Spirit Team", and all your Mickey Mouse garbage outta the way before the game.

It all won't matter once they kick off.

Be sure to warm up your lungs during the TOOL meeting at the fence(yelling at HS kids....real classy). Make sure you do plenty of "partner stretches".

I was not partial to either team on this one, but I hope the Tigers pound the bullpuppies.

P.S. I hope the only reason you have to fire your stupid cannon, is to tell your fans and your team to go home because your season is over.

Hater1 you still around? I thought you said you were out. Lol

I guess its past yours and SchockersO bedy by time.

say what you want, We being Bulldogs; know your bark is worse then your bite.

I know!!! we must have beat you and ShockerO some where down the road pretty bad and it left some embarrassment that won’t go away. :lol:

Hey! I invite you and schockerO to come to the game; I’ll spare the expense of $16.00

to get you in so you can watch a real football game, 2 good teams going head to head

I’m pretty sure if you ask nice you’ll get a really good invite to the fence and then we can show you where we‘ll shoot that cannon off at. :D You can reach your ankles can’t you?

Hope to see you all Friday :D

Don't let all this negativity be your impression of the true tiger fans.

We are a huge under dog, playing on the road, at a place that is used to winning. Did I mention we are on the road??? A long way from Roane County. Quite an uphill battle.

Little bit about last week: IMHO....we were able to barely survive total disaster in the first half. Had 3 turnovers, and just didn't play well at all. We were able to make some key defensive plays with our backs against the wall. This combined with a flat Oneida team that only got 7 points out of 3 trips inside the Rockwood 10 yd line.

After a second half opening TD drive by Oneida....Down 14-0. Then we just turned on the switch in the 2nd half, and played very well. Very proud of the tigers for scoring 21 unanswered points in the second half on the road against a good Oneida team.

As far as this week, I won't make a prediction yet(although been pretty close the past 2 weeks)

Looking forward to a well played game by both sides.

I'll be in touch

GO TIGERS!!

yep just some pot stirs you wish they could be were our teams are at.

Newguy, we look forward to having your team and fans up on Friday night.

Everyone have a safe trip up & back home and congratulations on the win over Onida

They are no slouch of a team, like pujo said I would have liked to seen a rematch with them though, but that’s football.

We both have outstanding teams and this should be a great game.

If you all want the names of some good restaurants just ask.

Best wishes from ole dogtricks.

GO DOGS!!! Wolf wolf

Still trying to decide whether or not to make that drive. I think this is going to be a GREAT game. To Pujo & all the other Hampton faithful, y'all are about to play a very solid team with a bunch of class. #25 is a load but they use that multiple ways, if he is having success then he gets a steady diet of middle runs. He is good enough that if he is not having success it probably means your loading up on his position & they use his threat to create openings for other weapons they have. I do believe Hampton will be a more physical team at least initially anyway. That does not mean Rockwood is going to lay down, they won't. They just do what they do & eventually it usually starts working. They are more than capable of going deep to get you off their backs if the box gets a little to crowded for their liking. Their QB has a good arm & more importantly a pretty good head. Several good sized receivers with talent & a real load at tight end. Defense is solid. D-line not flashing but solid & hard to move with a good group of backers that get lateral in a hurry for the outside stuff & nice coverage from the secondary. Like I said they aren't a flashy spread kind of team just a very solid one. I can't root against the dawgs 'cause I like & respect the program to much for that but I also can't root against this tiger team for the same reasons.

Well , I'm going to give my honest opinion, Its not out of respect for Rockwood,its just the accumulation of things thats happened this season. Itruely think Hasmpton will win by at least 14 points. That may sound like a big number to alot of people, but Hampton could have easily beat TP by 28 points. All Hampton has to do is come out ready to play just like they did last week. I could be completely wrong, but Ido my homework and keep up pretty close.

Gooooooooooooooo Tigers!

This team has worked hard and made it to the third round, there is determination and drive. Keep your eye on the prize, Tigers. Stay focused on your trip up to Hampton, play tough mentally and physically, get the job done, and come home with a win you know you can achieve. You wouldn't have made it this far if a win wasn't within your reach, so stay focused and never let your guard down. Finally, we are very proud of you!

Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit.

Bear Bryant

I'll put you through heck, but at the end of it all we'll be champions.

Bear Bryant

Leaders aren't born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal.

Vince Lombardi

Stop kidding yourselves

You think that the number of hot dogs you grill, or how many milk jugs you fill up are gonna make the difference in a HS football game??

I bet dogtricks was in the band. Did you play the trumpet or the trombone??? You don't have to tell me, I bet it was some instrument that you had to have strong fingers and lips for.

So you guys get your "Spirit Team", and all your Mickey Mouse garbage outta the way before the game.

It all won't matter once they kick off.

Be sure to warm up your lungs during the TOOL meeting at the fence(yelling at HS kids....real classy). Make sure you do plenty of "partner stretches".

I was not partial to either team on this one, but I hope the Tigers pound the bullpuppies.

P.S. I hope the only reason you have to fire your stupid cannon, is to tell your fans and your team to go home because your season is over.

Hater1 you still around? I thought you said you were out. Lol

I guess its past yours and SchockersO bedy by time.

say what you want, We being Bulldogs; know your bark is worse then your bite.

I know!!! we must have beat you and ShockerO some where down the road pretty bad and it left some embarrassment that won’t go away. :?:

Hey! I invite you and schockerO to come to the game; I’ll spare the expense of $16.00

to get you in so you can watch a real football game, 2 good teams going head to head

I’m pretty sure if you ask nice you’ll get a really good invite to the fence and then we can show you where we‘ll shoot that cannon off at. :thumb: You can reach your ankles can’t you?

Hope to see you all Friday :thumb:

Sorry, I had to get off the computer so I could make milk jug shakers, and go to the midnight madness sale on cowbells.

I knew you guys did partner stretches......asking a grown man to reach his ankles???

C'mon now, I just would've stopped....but you just keep opening your mouth and giving me ammunition.

Maybe with your screen name being what it is.....you can teach the bullpuppies to play dead???