ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

They limited Alcoa to 3-5 yard gains instead of 7-10 yard gains. But....the score was a little misleading. Up to that point Alcoa had a dropped TD pass, 2 ints, and a failed 4th down conversion on the 12 or 15. There were probably 3-4 trips inside the 20 where they didn't score. It's not that Loudon was shutting them down, Alcoa didn't execute once they got there (very unusual). But a lot of that was due to the physical play of Loudon and their discipline on defense. Here's the thing with Alcoa that you will discover on Friday. They will take 6-8 minutes off the clock on a long drive. They play clock control on offense; not b/c they are afraid of the other teams offense but b/c this is their strategy....Keep their offense on the field the whole game. This happened a couple of times against Loudon but on those drives they didn't get any points. The yardage is lopsided but the score seems lower. For example in the 1st game vs CAK they outgained them 410-99, but the score was 24-7. Seems close....but Alcoa took at least 5 mins off the clock each time they had the ball. This has happened all year. But there is no question who is in control of the game.

I could have sworn the Alcoa fans said they would give credit where credit is due. I thought they said on this thread that they did not like people making excuses about lack of execution. I could have sworn that Alcoa fans said it would not be lack of execution but because the opposing team had something to do with it. Milan fans get ready for some of these excuses Saturday morning.

:roflol: I noticed that you didn't include my next line in your singled out bold highlighting of my post. I pointed out that a lot of their lack of execution was due to Loudon's physical play. So quick to jump....Plus the yardage at that point in the game indicates that Alcoa was able to move the ball effectively. You all are just looking for something to whine about....

Yes, I noticed your meaningless back handed compliment. Compliments like that are not really compliments. "They played well, but..." Yeah that is a real compliment. Can't wait to see those on Sat.

To say a team's physical play caused Alcoa some problems IS A COMPLIMENT. Shows you don't understand nor realize just how physical Alcoa is and Loudon (woops, another back handed compliment).

Compliments are not really compliments :mrgreen: Interesting logic.

They are not really compliments when you preface them with statements like we could have played better or we did not execute. It will be the same kind of compliments you give out on Saturday morning after shocks you guys.

It's almost like talking to a brick wall....they didn't execute as normal because of how Loudon was playing them.....how much more complimentary can you be?????????????? A lack of execution can be because of different factors. One factor was Loudon's physical play, but it wasn't the only factor. If you want to define that as a backhanded compliment go ahead. I'll call it what it is...the truth since I saw it I know.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are a couple things Milan WILL have to do to win the game:

1. Slow down Alcoa's run game, or contain it. Milan won't stop the run completley because it is too good. BUT they must put Alcoa in some 3rd and 7's and 8's. Avery Williamson and the linebacking core must and will step up against the run. IMO.

2. Milan won't be able to run against Alcoa. IMO, their D-Line is way better than our O-line. Milan has 3 very good, athletic recievers.

From what I've heard, Alcoa's corners are SUSPECT :mrgreen: . Milan throws the ball very well.

3. I believe Morris should utilize his weapons on the outside (Moore, Vandiver, and Adkisson) Milan should pass with 3 or 4 wide sets.

Alcoa does not have a corner that can cover #5 Moore. He is too tall and runs great routes.

Milan will have to pass first, that will open up some holes for the run game.

Milan 14

Alcoa 13

I could have sworn the Alcoa fans said they would give credit where credit is due. I thought they said on this thread that they did not like people making excuses about lack of execution. I could have sworn that Alcoa fans said it would not be lack of execution but because the opposing team had something to do with it. Milan fans get ready for some of these excuses Saturday morning.

:roflol: I noticed that you didn't include my next line in your singled out bold highlighting of my post. I pointed out that a lot of their lack of execution was due to Loudon's physical play. So quick to jump....Plus the yardage at that point in the game indicates that Alcoa was able to move the ball effectively. You all are just looking for something to whine about....

Yes, I noticed your meaningless back handed compliment. Compliments like that are not really compliments. "They played well, but..." Yeah that is a real compliment. Can't wait to see those on Sat.

To say a team's physical play caused Alcoa some problems IS A COMPLIMENT. Shows you don't understand nor realize just how physical Alcoa is and Loudon (woops, another back handed compliment).

Compliments are not really compliments :mrgreen: Interesting logic.

They are not really compliments when you preface them with statements like we could have played better or we did not execute. It will be the same kind of compliments you give out on Saturday morning after shocks you guys.

It's almost like talking to a brick wall....they didn't execute as normal because of how Loudon was playing them.....how much more complimentary can you be?????????????? A lack of execution can be because of different factors. One factor was Loudon's physical play, but it wasn't the only factor. If you want to define that as a backhanded compliment go ahead. I'll call it what it is...the truth since I saw it I know.

See, you did it again. Their physical play was a factor, but not the only factor. What was the other factor? Could they not get up for the game? What was it? What is the other excuse as to why your boys did not execute? I want to know. Let's hear it please. I know, one of the players had a fight with his girlfriend and just did not have his head in the game. That must be it.

I still can't get over how cocky & loud mouthed some of the Milan fans are, I am so looking foward to seeing Alcoa wear the darn ground out with you all....... I hate blow hards & braggards, do you think getting on here and saying noboby can beat us/ were number 1 means a hill of beans to the outcome of this game? Alcoa puts as many as it wants on Milan & shuts you idiot fans up once & for all!!!

Being how you are so confident.....why don't you put a number on "Alcoa puts as many as they want" comment. In other words......put your money where your mouth is.

Well my prediction is 45-7 Alcoa with Milan getting 1 scrap touchdown late againsed the F-5.......

I still can't get over how cocky & loud mouthed some of the Milan fans are, I am so looking foward to seeing Alcoa wear the darn ground out with you all....... I hate blow hards & braggards, do you think getting on here and saying noboby can beat us/ were number 1 means a hill of beans to the outcome of this game? Alcoa puts as many as it wants on Milan & shuts you idiot fans up once & for all!!!

Being how you are so confident.....why don't you put a number on "Alcoa puts as many as they want" comment. In other words......put your money where your mouth is.

Well my prediction is 45-7 Alcoa with Milan getting 1 scrap touchdown late againsed the F-5.......

lol Seriously. What do you really think the score will be? lol

Not really the number I was referring to.........$$$$$........ Whatever you can stand with that prediction!

Last year Alcoa had 54 rushes for 154 yards. for 2.8 yards a carry.

Milan had 28 for 131 yards.

Who knows if Alcoas defense is better this year than last year. Losses of Sam Thompson in the secondary and chase james could hurt.

Milan lost a few but Williamson and Company gained another year of EXP.

Alcoa didn't dominate anything rushing the football last year. They scored other ways. Toney at the goalline had 3 straight rushes for -1 yards before tossing the halfback pass. Alcoas line was twice as big as Milans. Difference- Milan Linebackers shoot gaps faster than Alcoa can get out of a stance.

Alcoas been running all over people this year, and last year minus the game with Milan. Whos to say Milan won't shut it down again with the same players back on D?

Scary huh? :roflolk:

Last year Alcoa had 54 rushes for 154 yards. for 2.8 yards a carry.

Milan had 28 for 131 yards.

Who knows if Alcoas defense is better this year than last year. Losses of Sam Thompson in the secondary and chase james could hurt.

Milan lost a few but Williamson and Company gained another year of EXP.

Alcoa didn't dominate anything rushing the football last year. They scored other ways. Toney at the goalline had 3 straight rushes for -1 yards before tossing the halfback pass. Alcoas line was twice as big as Milans. Difference- Milan Linebackers shoot gaps faster than Alcoa can get out of a stance.

Alcoas been running all over people this year, and last year minus the game with Milan. Whos to say Milan won't shut it down again with the same players back on D?

Scary huh? :roflolk:

I hope it is a close game with alcoa coming out on top but I'm not counting on it. The huntingdon game was amazing, since then it has lacked part of the excitement near the end.