Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

COOKEVILLE BOUND!!! MAN what a great time to be a Giles County Bobcat! I know I personally will relish in some serious smack talk in Knoxville for the next week and probably the rest of the year :thumb:

Greenville may have some Livingston Academy in them from '07 maybe? Lost 3 games in the regular season, comin' in HOT in the post season. Regardless though, I believe both teams will get all they want in Cookeville this weekend. The key to this one (as in any game at this level) is DEFENSE!!!The old adage is as true today as it was when the wise man first said it: Offense wins games, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! The team with the most cohesive defense that makes the fewest mistakes will win, period.

From what I read, Greenville wants to run BJ Spradin at you early and often. If GC's defense can step up and play up to their potential, they are going to put the Devils into a spot where they do not want to be. That's one thing OC is well above average at, finding your bread and butter and taking it away from you. Don't let the Devil's record fool you kids, they've put up some pretty high octane numbers over their season, including the playoffs when they put up 42 on their first round opponents. The best thing GC has going for them is senior leadership. These kids have been playing together a LONG time and now it's the culmination of all that hard work. Greenville may have a good offense, but GC can not only score, but stop you from scoring. Can't lose if you don't score point right? Having basically seperated players playing O and D for Giles County is going to pay some massive dividends for them in the second half of this football game. If Bo, Tobus (Tobias Houston), Arms (Josh Smith), and little Bailey can all step up and HANG ON TO THE FOOTBALL (jeez guys turnovers man, turnovers) with a defense that can keep them on the field, I think these Pulaski boys can make history saturday night.

I promised I'd be there and I would. I'll be making the drive from Knoxvegas to Cookeville this Saturday, wouldn't miss it for the world. Man I'm proud of these guys, and have been talking excessive amounts of smack to some guys from Region 5 3A (Old School), plus, OC and his coaching staff deserve this just as much as the players. These guys work so hard to get their kids ready to play on Friday nights and hardly anybody gets to see the work, just the results, W's.

Let's go GC! Cookeville bound!! Do work boys

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If may add norespect...Whites Creek was not nearly sound as Giles County..Fast yes..Not a great balanced team Like Gc..I see Bo movin the chains with that arm and supurb accuracy..But I wish you wouldnt have posted that cause these Greeneville fans are snappy foreal..But I am pickin my hometown team the Giles County Bobcats for the gold ball and Bo for Mr.Football :thumb:

Well, looks like it will be wednesday before G-fans get through talking about cheap shotting the WC player on the fair catch and their band not showing up.

Glad to see the Bobcat loyals are focused on their team and the prize.

Once again this week we got to see another team play a different flavor of defense and stop the most balanced Offense in the state...it didn't work. If Gville has players going both ways, they better also be cross country track members cuz they will be chasing Cats all over the place all night long.

Well, looks like it will be wednesday before G-fans get through talking about cheap shotting the WC player on the fair catch and their band not showing up.

Once again this week we got to see another team play a different flavor of defense and stop the most balanced Offense in the state...it didn't work. If Gville has players going both ways, they better also be cross country track members cuz they will be chasing Cats all over the place all night long.

Yeah, and it looks like the smack talk is a pretty even matchup.

Nobody is talkin smack im simply typing what someone from Greeneville told me..He said that Greeneville has players in good shape that plays bothsides of the ball...With a team like Giles im just sayin its not gonna be easy..you see what happen to crockett against liberty..crockett was up that whole game but dew to them playin they starters on defense and offense they got winded and liberty ate them up 48 to 21

Youre right :thumb:

Nobody is talkin smack im simply typing what someone from Greeneville told me..He said that Greeneville has players in good shape that plays bothsides of the ball...With a team like Giles im just sayin its not gonna be easy..you see what happen to crockett against liberty..crockett was up that whole game but dew to them playin they starters on defense and offense they got winded and liberty ate them up 48 to 21

Well I'll be darned. Please accept my apologies. I confused some of your 15 posts to this thread already as smack talk. Pardon me, I've only been reading for 41 years, I'm not an expert at it yet.

OK.....GreeneDevulls.......Gotta pull fer formur Mairvul assistunt Caine Ballard and hiz teem.....So brang hit back east!!!!... :thumb:

Ya gotta love seeing STARSNBARS on the Gville thread. Glad Momma Stars lets you use her puter.

Now Gdevil....mommaSTARS R-U-N-N me O-F-T her compootur and eye'm on this ole craptop compooter eye found on my garbige run.....Hit werks good if'un eye continyou two hold my mouth jist rite...... :D