Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

Yo Greeneville fans. I told you that the Giles folks were off in the head. See what I mean? :lol:

Finally we get to play a team with some class. (DL not included in this wt scenario) Had to rid ourselves of the west Tennessee want-a-bees first. We wanted to save some time and money for them but the tssaa needs the funds. So no 1 to nothing games. (Al I invented the internet has been notified about the fuel burned unnecessarily).

I think a statement has been made by these two schools. Both are small town. Both are blue collar. Both have pride in their sports program. Both are disciplined and focus on execution. Both are well coached. Both teams staff will adjust. Ya'll got Barb & we got fortheboys. We got uncle Leroy & you got StarsnBars. ((I'm gonna like this guy)) Ya'll got septic tanks & we got Dufus and the clan.

Both teams have endured the "lets stop 2 players and you stop the whole team" schools. Some serious burning of the midnight oil awaits both coaching staffs. Giles will not quit. They are a 4 quarter club. We know Greeneville is also. Should be a good one.

:roflol:

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Congrats to Greeneville and Giles Co. ..you both beat all odds and took on all takers and earned the right to play for the 09 gold ball ... 1 more to go. its been a great season ..with new districts and new playoff brackets, i only see it getting better lots of tough teams in 4a ..im so looking forward to the future.

Now may the best team win!! and if i had to pick a team ..im going with a scrappy Greeneville team who played in the toughest half of the bracket ..the top!! ...where the state champ should come from!! :roflol:

Let me just say congrats to both teams for making it this far! This is such an accomplishment and although I dont know much about Giles, im proud of both teams.

I am a Devils fan and will be making the trip to the State Championship to cheer on the Big Greene, but win or loose we have played a wonderful season and should be very proud.

Good luck to both teams! I cant wait to see everyone at States. It sounds like its gonna be one heck of a game! :roflol:

Yo Greeneville fans. I told you that the Giles folks were off in the head. See what I mean? :lol:

Finally we get to play a team with some class. (DL not included in this wt scenario) Had to rid ourselves of the west Tennessee want-a-bees first. We wanted to save some time and money for them but the tssaa needs the funds. So no 1 to nothing games. (Al I invented the internet has been notified about the fuel burned unnecessarily).

I think a statement has been made by these two schools. Both are small town. Both are blue collar. Both have pride in their sports program. Both are disciplined and focus on execution. Both are well coached. Both teams staff will adjust. Ya'll got Barb & we got fortheboys. We got uncle Leroy & you got StarsnBars. ((I'm gonna like this guy)) Ya'll got septic tanks & we got Dufus and the clan.

Both teams have endured the "lets stop 2 players and you stop the whole team" schools. Some serious burning of the midnight oil awaits both coaching staffs. Giles will not quit. They are a 4 quarter club. We know Greeneville is also. Should be a good one.

:roflol:

Nice meetin' ya!!! I don't know how much we'll hear from starsnbars cause he's a Murvil fan but he's at least entertaining....

i was actually anticipating this game early in the year and have seen both Giles County and Greeneville play in person. i know one game is really just a snapshot, but from what i saw, greeneville has a slight edge in just a couple of spots but Giles County's experience in these big games over the past decade or so will probably come in handy also. I feel as if the breakdown is this for having to rate each position and the depth at each one=

Quarterback-Giles

Running back-Greeneville

wide receiver- tied

offensive line- tied

defensive line- greeneville

linebackers- greeneville

defensive backs- giles... special teams def greeneville though

this should be a great game. i hope no one gets hurt. good luck to both, im gonna pick Greeneville in a close one though, 34-28 with both offenses surprising both tremendous defenses

i was actually anticipating this game early in the year and have seen both Giles County and Greeneville play in person. i know one game is really just a snapshot, but from what i saw, greeneville has a slight edge in just a couple of spots but Giles County's experience in these big games over the past decade or so will probably come in handy also. I feel as if the breakdown is this for having to rate each position and the depth at each one=

Quarterback-Giles

Running back-Greeneville

wide receiver- tied

offensive line- tied

defensive line- greeneville

linebackers- greeneville

defensive backs- giles... special teams def greeneville though

this should be a great game. i hope no one gets hurt. good luck to both, im gonna pick Greeneville in a close one though, 34-28 with both offenses surprising both tremendous defenses

Why do you want to come on here and act as though your giving an impartial look at the game :roflol:

Every post you have made simply lauds Gville except the one where you picked Elizabethon to beat Alcoa..........How did that one work out for you?

well all but that one, have turned out for me to be right :roflol: bet i have a better pickin percentage then you do, mr know it all! haha. you could thank me for actually giving giles county credit where it is due but instead you show the lack of class we are all expecting due to your cocky comments and poor social manners of accepting a compliment are obviously lacking.

Yep Lad1. You are right about Giles defensive line & running back. They are not much punkin. They get pushed around every game. I noticed their backsides are getting sorta flat from being pancaked. Their biggest problem is they are weak. I don't know why the coaches won't let these guys weight train. Now the rb really makes me mad when he goes down after the 1st man bumps him. He's too small, no leg drive, & can't take a hit. :roflol: