1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

union city beat south pittsburg.. i honsestly dont tink we got man handled cause if we did i sure didnt see it on the score board the special teams made the difference. we are or was so much smaller than yall and i think we played great now that i know how big yall were and this is a football board not bball uc still has alot of catching up to do if they want 4 gold balls in football like we have and we will have another before its all over with.. as for recruiting we dont but think what you want casue you are going to anyways.. yall set state records and so have we so its even but think about it yall was huge and i mean huge compared to us and we actually hung with yall im very impressed our boys did good it was a kick that won the game so boys its nothing to be ashamed of they were just 2 points better than us yesterday. the score was the score and no one can or will change it both teams scored the same amount of touchdowns we a 2 point conversion and they kicked a field goal so that was the difference and thats what won the game. we had 1 interception, 1 droped pass in the endzone, and a fumble in the redzone. they had 1 interception and i believe thats the only turnover so you count it yourself. if we was running our old defence the 3-5-3 it would have been over i think but we will never know. uc played a little bit better of a game just enough to eat the clock down and score 2 more points than us its all said and done now. the only thing i can say is there is always next year

When you have a player on the opposing team who carries the ball 40 plus times for 200 yards between the tackles and the O-line blows your D-line off the ball Thats called Man Handeling. When you Take the ball down the feild with 3.27 left and score the winning feild to win the State Championship against the much vaunted best team in the state that's called man handleling. When team throws one pass in a game and has over 300 yards rushing in a game once again that's called man handeling.

I would like to say great job UC for winning the gold! Yes that is still true if u win the LOS you will win! Great job SP has a great team but had no answer for UC brutal ground game! Like i said in another post UC ground game would be hard to stop. I seen them play twice this season and knew they would be hard to beat! They just dismantled the teams i saw them play! Yesterday 350 plus on the ground i would say pretty much dominate! Plain old smash mouth football just like in the old days of the Big Ten Conference! Fantastic job and SP is a class act congratulation once again on the Gold Ball well deserved! It has been a long time coming pretty good job for a team that didn't have a chance!! :mellow:

Okay, here is my take on the game. Some of my Pirate brethren was very boastful which concerned me. Because it was reminding of before the Polk game. I asked some questions before the game and people who knew more about UC than I did said that there were good on offense and their defense wasn't as good. The size difference was probably the biggest difference with UC offense. Yes, the running back for UC took some licks and you could see before halftime he was starting to slow a little but in the second half especially when UC had the momentum that he was able to overcome and dig deep and that is exactly what he did. The reason the QB and the sweeps were so successful is because SP started keying on the dive play and did not keep the outside contained. It could have been by design or poor execution. Neither defense could stop the other offense and it was very obvious. Sp's 2 turnovers was in my opinion the difference in the game. The 15 yard penalty that helped UC on their last drive could also be argued as the difference in the game. The referees for the most part let them play and I am glad they did because there could easily been a few more penalties called on both teams that weren't. Okay, to sum it up it was a difference in styles and the smash mouth won but not to say the finesse style could not have won too would be ridiculous. Both teams were very good and believe it or not both deserved to win but one had to lose. SP will now (I hope) go back to Pirate football which is ..... you guessed it ..... smash mouth football. Congrats to both teams and to UC enjoy it .... because now there is a bulls eye on your back.

Get a grip. We kept you guys in the game when we fumbled on one of our first posessions and caused us to lose a down. We also tried to help ya'll out when we tried to pass. No question that the refs helped ya'll on the two point conversion. Your defensive ends were big boys, just got pushed out of the way.

What exactly am i supposed to grip. I stated facts about the game. I don't post much but when I do guarrantee you it will be objective and it will not put any other team down in any way. Both offenses were very good. They both had over 300 yards of offense. The defenses were another story. Both weren't very good. I think I will go and grip some hay bales since there is farm work needs to be done. This my OBJECTIVE take on the game and I am sure other people including ones from UC will agree.

union city beat south pittsburg.. i honsestly dont tink we got man handled cause if we did i sure didnt see it on the score board the special teams made the difference. we are or was so much smaller than yall and i think we played great now that i know how big yall were and this is a football board not bball uc still has alot of catching up to do if they want 4 gold balls in football like we have and we will have another before its all over with.. as for recruiting we dont but think what you want casue you are going to anyways.. yall set state records and so have we so its even but think about it yall was huge and i mean huge compared to us and we actually hung with yall im very impressed our boys did good it was a kick that won the game so boys its nothing to be ashamed of they were just 2 points better than us yesterday. the score was the score and no one can or will change it both teams scored the same amount of touchdowns we a 2 point conversion and they kicked a field goal so that was the difference and thats what won the game. we had 1 interception, 1 droped pass in the endzone, and a fumble in the redzone. they had 1 interception and i believe thats the only turnover so you count it yourself. if we was running our old defence the 3-5-3 it would have been over i think but we will never know. uc played a little bit better of a game just enough to eat the clock down and score 2 more points than us its all said and done now. the only thing i can say is there is always next year

When you have a player on the opposing team who carries the ball 40 plus times for 200 yards between the tackles and the O-line blows your D-line off the ball Thats called Man Handeling. When you Take the ball down the feild with 3.27 left and score the winning feild to win the State Championship against the much vaunted best team in the state that's called man handleling. When team throws one pass in a game and has over 300 yards rushing in a game once again that's called man handeling.

I would like to say great job UC for winning the gold! Yes that is still true if u win the LOS you will win! Great job SP has a great team but had no answer for UC brutal ground game! Like i said in another post UC ground game would be hard to stop. I seen them play twice this season and knew they would be hard to beat! They just dismantled the teams i saw them play! Yesterday 350 plus on the ground i would say pretty much dominate! Plain old smash mouth football just like in the old days of the Big Ten Conference! Fantastic job and SP is a class act congratulation once again on the Gold Ball well deserved! It has been a long time coming pretty good job for a team that didn't have a chance!! :mellow:

I wouldn't say class act for most of the S P fans. They knew coming in they were going to win.

I like being the underdog anyway.

Even in our basketball GOLD ball collection, we were underdogs every game.

Good Job U C!!!!

Congrat's BigSwo on your son's huge win... he will remember it for the reast of his life.. I predicted spitt by 1 for a few i thought it might me.... CONGRATS on a very very very well coached team and a classy team.. i saw the whole game great sportsmanship on both sides... we LOST period i wasnt even mad you guys deserved it.. Myself i dont think it was the butt whoopin some of your rude Posters say it was i mean you guy's was behind chasing us 75% of the game BUT was ahead when it counted.... You cannot have turnovers on a great Team you will get beat everytime..... we had no answer for your #27 great runner awesome ball handling....at south pitt if you have watched a few loyal and faithfull's you have seen them say we loose close games to good team's... Ahhhhhem... we play smash mouth football as you do at Union city.. I dont understand when we was on the 2 yard line we go for a field goal... our kicker has missed as many extra points that he has made this year... ( altho he has made awesome improvement's. if we miss you get the ball on the 20.. if we dont make it you get on the 1 or 2.. its a no brainer... from what i hear there will be alot of changes at south pitt this coming year. i cant wait.. Again great job union city you guys come to play. an dplay you DID!!! to some of you bashers after the game on here you show about as much class as some of our bad poster's why dont you try being the better person... and be honost to the fact you guys was on your feet as much as we were.. was not a domination game teh fact is you run the balll PERIOD.... making a record or 47 rush's by one player show's that.. it also show's you coulndt pass.. had we held onto the ball it would be a different outcome and you guys know it.. anyway... get your kicks in on some of spitt's faithfull but dont make it look like you guys had it from whistle to whistle wasnt near that kind of game..

Geno....

I'm gunna have to disagree with somthing in your post....

Union City had the ball for over 32 minutes of a 48 minute game....Now Geno, I'm no math scholar but that doesn't really equate to Union City chasing South Pittsburg around for 75% of the time...

Oh, I know you meant time ahead in the game but I bet if you go back and look you guys were not ahead 75% of the time....It was tied alot too....But I know you are just trying to come to grips with how in the world this little puff of wind West Tennessee team could even be in the game at half....

Again, when a team holds on to the ball for over 32 minutes of a 48 minute game, goes 2 for 2 on 4th down conversions, goes 10 for 16 on 3rd down conversions, rushes for 355 yards on 69 carries and loses only a TOTAL of 5 yards all against a defense Union City fans were led to believe would SHUT us out (heck, I even saw a poster say that since we didn't get our first first down till near half against Wayne County, we wouldn't get any on your defense), well then yeah, your defense got dominated, manhandled, whatever you want to call it....

We can play the coulda, woulda, shoulda game all we want..A football game isn't won on hypothetical scenarios....The simple fact of the matter is, we had a game where Union City ran the ball down the throats of a much more ballyhooed defensive unit....The fact of the matter is, we had a game where Union City was SORELY one dimensional....No passing threat AT ALL and South Pittsburg could not stop it....The fact of the matter is, we had a player (#28) that outran a defense that had all these reportedly 4.4 or 4.5 sprinters...

Union City was more disciplined than South Pittsburg..How many times did a SP runner lose the football and not even be touched ??...The personal foul was a personal foul and that's not being a disciplined player especially at that point in the game...You guys didn't "give" Union City anything...Those kids went out and TOOK that Gold Ball....They wanted it more than South Pittsburg....

Don't blame your coach for the loss....He handled those situations like a college or pro coach would...I would call it "swagger"...He had utmost confidence in his defense...Union City came out a little nervous and I doubt your coach felt like UC would be able to play like they ultimately did...He had no idea that UC would be able to control the clock like they did...At that time in the game Union City wasn't running the ball down the throats of the South Pittsburg defense....Your offense scored 28 points in just over 15 minutes for cripe's sake...Your defense is what cost you the game...Heck, you scored a 98 yard TD on a kick-off return, hit all your PAT's, scored a two point conversion..I'd say you guys had the edge in special teams...They say "defense wins championships" but in this particular game Union City's offensive line won the championship....Your defense let you down, BIG-TIME !!....

I was pulling for the Pirates all the way, I really like their coach and the way they do business. However Union runs what I ran at Whitwell, they just do a better job of it. I would like to sit down with the Union County coach one day soon and pick his brain. I am at the 6A level now, ran spread last year, however we are probably going to run more option this year. If anyone is close to that staff, see if they would like to sit down and talk to someone about their offense. I picked up my stuff from Steve Campbell when he was at Delta State. They won the 2000 Naia championship with that offense. I have some stuff off midline I would like to share with your coach. I am sure he has a trick of too as well. I have some questions for him about what to do when teams make certain adjustments to his offense. I am willing to drive to Union.

Let me just say this...I was at the game and my thoughts on South Pitt...kinda short....

You have 3 players...the rest average if that.

#6, #21 and #11.

Now....I know one other team that would have spanked that butt tonight....Huntington. To me, South Pitt, your good but not as good as you thought you were. TCA and Huntingdon would beat you or have given you all you wanted.

Now...

Two things I have a little problem with and now after the game a little better but not much.

First, I have seen the Youtube Video and "LIVE" today ( Friday ) of the little deal when you walk from the endzone with your helments "HIGH" in the air....NOT GOOD....Just a little to Cocky and was taken down a notch or two on that today by our Tornadoes.

Problem Two...

Your sign......That just shows the kinda school you have by posting what you did. We could all see the sign with the "2009 Rign on the wrong finger" deal.

Now.....If I were you, I would have a little town hall meeting, fire your coaches and fire your administration for allowing that as well as your cheer leading sponsors.

Not good...not good at all...just a little to far.

But you know what....we WON that 2009 Ring......and we will wear it on the right finger.

Your team is good, but I have seen just as good or better this year. Us for one and Huntingdon and TCA from the West the others.

So, until the next time we meet, remember the little boy from Spain, 16, who has never played football, come into your minds along with the other players on our team and BEAT YOU!!

Each of you have this coming....

We do not give individual awards on our team...we are a team, play as a team and win as a team.

Great Year Union City...can't wait til the celebration day for showing the "GOLD"

You and your purple and gold friends are some of the poorest sports I have ever seen after a game....where you did not dominate....you won by 2 points with an exchange soccer student!! Look at the stats...we had 20-30 less plays than you did and still almost matched your yardage and points. I will never respect the Union team or school after the way you bunch of punks have gotten on here...downed our team, our town, and our community. You say that we had 3 players and that was it...what a joke!!! If you are going to go that route, then your team only had 1...#27. Take him off your team and we beat you handily. You can talk about other teams beating us until you are blue in the face. Yesterday was Union's day...everything in the game went your way. I agree with the poster earlier that mentioned if we played you 5 times, we would win 4 out of 5 times. Enjoy that Gold ball...probably will be the last one you get since you should be in 2A anyway.

I garuntee you that coach at Union want give up his secret Possum man. Let me ask you Union people a question. Is that coach making those boys lift weights today to start getting big and strong again for next year? I heard Grider was making our boys that will be back next year lift weights today so we can be big and strong for next year. You think Im joking cause Im not. I was mad last night. Our season is over and we dont have a championship. I was glad I got to talk to my buddy Murphy yesterday. He told me that I will be the first one to get a copy of the new book next summer. I hope all the teams send in their survey. Their was alot of them that didnt last year and I couldnt read about them.

Not being critical but I was at the game. My only issues were with South Pitt not running the football much in the second half and not utilizing the TE. A Mr Football finalist and future MTSU player had 2 balls thrown his way. QB counter trey ran one time and gained 10 plus yards. Run the football and have 27 from UC chasing you guys and wear them down. Maybe there were details we don't know as spectators. Grider is a great coach so maybe I am wrong but that was my opinion. Take it for what its worth which isn't much