Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

I hope that they learn from the mistake. I hate it for the family that has gone through all of this.

I guarantee you that the student that got the "benefit" from this as far as scholarship and getting to play was not very grateful for it. He embarrassed his school at many games and definitely did not show the Christian attitude or language that Grace should be promoting. And he was not such a great influence to the other kids at that school either. And way more than one family is going through this. The softball team and baseball team have no chance at appeals for their post seasons and both teams are on tract to a region appearance. The volleyball team has a chance at an appeal, but this years junior class who will be seniors next year have been working on this team since their 8th grade year where they played up... they are expected to win STATE this year! and these girls only have a faint hope that an appeal goes through. Not to mention the soccer teams and wrestling team who are incredible and will have no chance at post seasons. I know that it was meant to just "help someone out" but they could have ended up costing hard working athletes the titles that they deserve.

Sorry to rant on you post @tk20football but I just don't think that you are aware of the extent this one decision has effected people and the lack of thankfulness on the receiving end of that "gift".

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a disgrace that some people in the media paint GCA out as a victim. This is the second offense. That is why GCA's basketball coach is gone. Pridemore from Florida was given the same "gift" to come and play. The question of morality comes to mind: If the kid or kids had not been an athletes able to help the team, would GCA still given them money? It sure looks like winning was the #1 priority and character and everything else was tossed aside. Own the mistake for what it is. Honestly, this goes to show that TSSAA should put all private schools in their own division, so they could recruit and pay "gifts" to athletes all they wanted.

I hope that they learn from the mistake. I hate it for the family that has gone through all of this.

I guarantee you that the student that got the "benefit" from this as far as scholarship and getting to play was not very grateful for it. He embarrassed his school at many games and definitely did not show the Christian attitude or language that Grace should be promoting. And he was not such a great influence to the other kids at that school either. And way more than one family is going through this. The softball team and baseball team have no chance at appeals for their post seasons and both teams are on tract to a region appearance. The volleyball team has a chance at an appeal, but this years junior class who will be seniors next year have been working on this team since their 8th grade year where they played up... they are expected to win STATE this year! and these girls only have a faint hope that an appeal goes through. Not to mention the soccer teams and wrestling team who are incredible and will have no chance at post seasons. I know that it was meant to just "help someone out" but they could have ended up costing hard working athletes the titles that they deserve.

Sorry to rant on you post @tk20football but I just don't think that you are aware of the extent this one decision has effected people and the lack of thankfulness on the receiving end of that "gift".

I think you took my post the wrong way. I agree with everything you are saying. The student may not be grateful, I just think if his family did go through the death of his mom and now all this has happened it must have some affect on the family as well. Some might think they deserve it and they have the right to think that. But I know it must be hard for them to see how taking money to go to school now hurts so many people. Maybe they are not bothered, but I sure would be if I caused all that has been caused. All that to say agree with you and I do understand the extent of what this has caused. Have a great day and very good insight. I can tell you care about the kids who will miss out on post season play.

I hate that all the innocent kids have been hurt by this decision, however there is one option that hasn't been discussed thoroughly. GCA can help all the kids they choose to and can do so openly and freely. Just go to D II where it is legal and compete against schools that follow the same rules. When you scholarship athletes and beat up on the smallest schools in the state people are gonna be suspicious. It just turns out everyone was right!

I don't want to shock you. A school does not receive a two year post season ban and $22,600 fine for an admistrative error. The adminstrative error was used last year(2008-2009) for basketball with the FL transfer. Those can only be used one time. I do not believe you know the entire story would be my guess. I doubt any one does other than Grace adminstration.

Shock me?....if you read my posts on here you can SEE or maybe you can't because you are too dumb that I DO know a thing or two about this situation. YES I ADMIT IT'S A BIG PUNISHMENT, IT SUCKS FOR GRACE TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS. I ADMIT THAT. BUT FOR YOU PEOPLE TO "CALL FOR PEOPLE TO BE DISMISSED" AND ALL THAT CRAP IS RETARDED. IT'S FOOTBALL, BASKETBALL, BASEBALL ECT PEOPLE!....A PLAYER PLAYED THAT ENROLLED AT A SCHOOL AND TUITION WAS PAID FOR IN AN "UNFAIR" WAY WITHOUT ANY KNOWLEDGE OF COACHING STAFFS OR ANY SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR. A CHURCH GROUP ASSISTED A FAMILY YOU IGNORANT PEOPLE! GET A LIFE AND STOP BLAMING GRACE OR COACHES OR WHATEVER MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER AT NIGHT AS TO WHY YOU THINK GRACE HAS SOME "UNFAIR" ADVANTAGE IN SPORTS. They understand that there are rules. Rules get broken. Punishments are given out and time is served. That's what's gonna happen there at Grace. But don't you worry. Your precious little football team can actually MAKE the playoffs now since there will be a spot open now since athletics is the most important thing here. The kid in question had no idea anything was done wrong. The family had NO idea anything was done wrong. THE SCHOOL HAD NO IDEA THEY HAD DONE ANYTHING WRONG. Did it turn out to be wrong?....YES!...will they take the penalty? YES!...do they have to answer you you?....NOPE!

tnvols2010,

Please stop the posts with all the hatred. We (GCA) violated and we need to be held accountable for it. My child attends GCA and I can tell you that things such as this has been going on for several years at GCA. I'm not proud of it, but it is fact. TSSAA has been investigating the school for several weeks now. Doesn't it make since that if it was just one illegal player, the investigation would have been over a long time ago? With the fines and probation being mentioned, you have got to know that there were other numerous violations found out by the TSSAA. What we need to do is owe up to our wrong doing, ask forgiveness, and move on. We continue to make excuses for our actions, but I can tell you for a fact the school and church knew of most (if not all) of the illegal activity at the school. Your posts with such a hateful tone, and the church/school not willing to take responsibility for our wrong doing, are the very reasons other schools hate GCA and look at us as hypocrites. And to the poster that mentioned people being terminated for this, you are probably right, some should be and possibly will be fired. As aforementioned, this is far from the first time illegal athletic activity has taken place at GCA. We are supposed to be christian examples for the community, so lets start acting like it and also start being accountable for our wrong doings.

ok braveheart, you have no right to speak for the other members of the church, staff at the church, or Bro. Ron himself. before you open your mouth on a website go talk to Randy Down or Ron Stewart. Unless you have heard it said by a spokes person of the Grace community you have no right to say it. If your child attends GCA then have pride for it. I attend GCA im a teenager and i know this, your the adult. If love GCA then shut your mouth, fuel does not help a fire, yet water does. Yes GCA has committed a mistake we all know it, and we will pay our consequences. We must move on but speculations do not help. If We speculate people will read between the lines, and read whatever they please. Which is not a good idea.

ok braveheart, you have no right to speak for the other members of the church, staff at the church, or Bro. Ron himself. before you open your mouth on a website go talk to Randy Down or Ron Stewart. Unless you have heard it said by a spokes person of the Grace community you have no right to say it. If your child attends GCA then have pride for it. I attend GCA im a teenager and i know this, your the adult. If love GCA then shut your mouth, fuel does not help a fire, yet water does. Yes GCA has committed a mistake we all know it, and we will pay our consequences. We must move on but speculations do not help. If We speculate people will read between the lines, and read whatever they please. Which is not a good idea

This entire situation makes me ill. To all you that have debated this over the years, you were right. As a part of the GCA family, I have 2 children that attend the academy and we are loyal followers of GCA athletics, this is a sad day for our family. I'm proud of Coach McKamey and all the guys who put in such long hours to accomplish what you have accomplished. The TSSAA report lists only one player in its report. Were there more? If so, the report would have named them, and they did NAME the player, which was not needed (in my opinion). One is all it takes. I have read that the penalty was so severe because of the "lack of institutional control" and the TSSAA needed to send the message loud and clear to GCA that this will not be tolerated. I'm concerned about the 99% of remaining athletes that are there under the rules and pay their own way to the school. Those are the athletes that are going to suffer.

I've had a few good discussions with you guys, you can take your shots at us. I can assure you that nothing that is said here will ever equal the pain I have in my gut over this. My pain is not because we got caught, its that we allowed this to go on in the first place. Because of a few stupid decisions that came from the TOP, this has caused our school a huge black eye.

I hate it for the kids, and I hate this for all the GCA family who are out in the community talking about how good it feels to be a part of such a great school. I hope everyone will be there April 8th for the "Ask Ron" Q and A. The message needs to be sent that this should NEVER happen again. Tuition keeps this school alive, and he needs to understand that.

RAM PRIDE! and that hurts to say that.

gonna tell on myself, my close friend is the new line and strength coach and he told me they have 3 300lbs bench pressers now and several close to that! In 1A football that is impressive!....this team may not go to the playoffs but from what I gather 10-0 is theirs for the taking. Another friends son plays for CAK and I saw them and they don't stand a chance.

I bet those kids were expensive.

OUCH!!!!! BUSTED!!!!! Sorry to all those who are hurt by the lack of character some people have displayed in the name of your church and school. Not sorry for those who have brought the DISgrace. Life is not fair and seems to be even less fair to those who choose an easy way to success, and many times inocent people suffer as well. I see that what many off us knew to be true is brought to the surface from the dark hole inwhich it was hiding. Looking back it seems Saterfield was right some 5 years ago that we talked. I think you should have kept the MAN who wanted to do it the right way, instead of the guy you got now and the rest of the corrupted break the rules staffers. You paid in many ways to win, and in retrospect you gained nothing. You have no respect from others, what wins you got mean nothing to anyone but yourself, and the hardware in your trophy case belong somewhere else.

I think a standing ovation is in order from the entire town of Clinton, TN. Way to go Grace, you did well!

I think I may know who this is I have one thing to say. I'm from Clinton. Played at Clinton for four years. Helped coach there last year. My blood and sweat is underneath that field somewhere. And for someone to come on here from my home school and act a fool is a disgrace. We, at Clinton, were VERY lucky last year we only had to vacate ONE win. The TSSAA could have been a lot harder on us. I'm a little saddened now that I know a Clinton alumnus would actually come on here and say a smartelec comment like that. I love my Dragons and always will. Now I'm a coach at Grace and I've said it time and time again that this place is wonderful. I hope to coach here for many many years. It is a christian based school that I can grow spiritually and my family as well. A mistake was made. WE are dealing with it. WE will be just fine. If anyone has any questions for us our doors are open 5 days a week until 5-6 pm. All coaches would be happy to answer any questions. So having said that I say shame on you "classof2002". I won't hold you responsible for the entire Dragon nation. **Oh and by the way, the TSSAA has said we can play a bowl game....how bout setting one up with Clinton?...or would that not work for you guys? I think it would draw a huge crowd!

My post was all in good fun! Do you really expect people not make comments on here about this situation? I have read much harsher jokes than the one I posted! We Clinton fans had to read plenty last season over one game! And our situtation was nothing compared yours. I honestly do feel sorry for the other sports at grace who can't participate in the post season when they had nothing to do with this but for basketball and football, sorry but I will show no pity. And I doubt you know me but one of my good friends coaches on the staff at Clinton and I know who you are. The best of luck to you. O and no bowl games for the Dragons, the play-offs sound alot better! But all jokes aside, good luck to all the programs, players and coaches getting through this tough time.