Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Yes it is very good to see our local kids get an opportunity to play college football regardless of NAIA, DIII, DII, FCS (DI-AA) or DI. Not many young men get a chance regardless of the level of play. Its a tough transition and very different than high school. I wish all the local guys much success.

GO TOPPERS

Agreed. I saw one of the Toppers is going somewhere too. I didn't know if anyone from there would go but it is great to see some life in that aspect of the program too. I was hoping we would hear about something from Sumo from Crockett but nothing so far.

Yes it is very good to see our local kids get an opportunity to play college football regardless of NAIA, DIII, DII, FCS (DI-AA) or DI. Not many young men get a chance regardless of the level of play. Its a tough transition and very different than high school. I wish all the local guys much success.

GO TOPPERS

Agreed. I saw one of the Toppers is going somewhere too. I didn't know if anyone from there would go but it is great to see some life in that aspect of the program too. I was hoping we would hear about something from Sumo from Crockett but nothing so far.

Surely Sumo will go somewhere! He is a heck of a running back!

I heard Janeway from Science Hill was going to an ivy league school and play ball. But, I haven't seen his dad to confirm that.

GO TOPPERS

Surely Sumo will go somewhere! He is a heck of a running back!

I heard Janeway from Science Hill was going to an ivy league school and play ball. But, I haven't seen his dad to confirm that.

I heard Greyson Janeway was going to sign with Centre College today and Joel Shrum will sign with Brevard College today as well.

I'm curious about some kids that I would think would play somewhere:

Sumo from Crockett? I'd project him at FB

Field General Harmon and All-Purpose Tallman from TH, whats the final word. Wondering if Harmon goes the roundball route instead. Big Alex Taylor?

Speed merchant Steele and Injun QB Roop from DB, whats their plans?

What about Clutch Collins WR from Boone?

What about surehanded Zanoni and speed demon Watterson, from South? What about RB Escape Artist Taylor (if you saw THE play he broke loose, you'd undertand)?

From East, Campbell is a decent all around athlete...? another sport

Multi-purpose Jacob Shipley from Sully Central can make some plays somewhere...?

Field General Harmon and All-Purpose Tallman from TH, whats the final word. Wondering if Harmon goes the roundball route instead. Big Alex Taylor?

What about surehanded Zanoni and speed demon Watterson, from South? What about RB Escape Artist Taylor (if you saw THE play he broke loose, you'd undertand)?

Multi-purpose Jacob Shipley from Sully Central can make some plays somewhere...?[/quote

I can only answer one. Steele will be back at DB for his senior year.

Multi-purpose Jacob Shipley from Sully Central can make some plays somewhere...?

Yeah what about Zanoni? Too Small? Nah.. If anybody @ South gets offered it should be him. MVP.. Hope the coaches spent some time helping him.

Could be they, including Taylor, have had enough football? :thumb: If so good for them. They will do well in the real world.

Watterson is probably looking for a call from a track team. Especially after he finishes top 3 in the state this year in the 110 hurdles.

Tallman- Virginia Tech

Alex Taylor - Carson Newman

Incredible. When we were in the Mountain Lakes we had our own website that told every little statistical crumb of information possible. Now we have nothing. How many freakin' yards did Tallman have? Anybody!

That is a great point about that MLC site Comp. It was loaded with stats and fun to visit during and after the season. You really felt like you had scouted the other teams from the info available. I wonder how that site was done and what would be required to get one up for the Big 8 next year.