gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

Now Croz, please point out in my post where I said I don't care.

I just said I haven't been to a game in quite some time. If I didn't care, then I wouldn't read about Gordonsville anymore. You're right, I didn't watch or listen, by the time I got off work(6pm pacific time), the game was about half over. And there you go, should have been 10-0 Gville at the half, but you know what croz? It wasn't. It was tied at 0 at half time. Shoulda woulda coulda, we should have beat SC a few times in the past decade but we didn't. You don't hear me making excuses why we lost to SC throughout my high school career do you? Nope, we got beat and that was that.

By the way, the SC streak over Gville is very much so a mental thing now. I don't even have to watch the game to know once one bad thing happens to Gville to know it's all down hill from there

You said you don't have a dog in the fight anymore.

You're right it's a mental thing and they have to get past it.

And, I haven't made excuses, SC had the better TEAM.

The thing is, you talked about the past decade, there is a few of those games that Gville didn't have to get beat, and that is that.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it was about mid decade. And, the teams in this decade weren't as disciplined as they were in the mid to late 90's.

The same coaching staff that didn't let you take your helmets off on the sidelines changed a couple of years later and started allowing it.

Bottom line discipline is an issue, and until it's fixed, this team won't be able to accomplish what it can.

The last GVille game I went to was the one I met you at and yeah I noticed it too. People can say what they wanted about Coach D but he never put up with a player mouthing off to him.

You said you don't have a dog in the fight anymore.

You're right it's a mental thing and they have to get past it.

And, I haven't made excuses, SC had the better TEAM.

The thing is, you talked about the past decade, there is a few of those games that Gville didn't have to get beat, and that is that.

Doesn't mean I don't care...

I was just stating, I don't have any kids there, no siblings there, my parents no longer reside in Smith County, and I talk to about a handful of people that I went to HS with there.

I still would like to see Gordonsville win another state title.

Ask anyone who plays for Gordonsville or SC, or any fans of the respective programs, pick one...beating the other county school or winning a state title, I pretty much think I know what the consensus would be on that choice. With that said, it's early in the season, this was one game and the season isn't over. I hope Gville wins the rest, and I'll be checking the scores weekly.

Doesn't mean I don't care...

I was just stating, I don't have any kids there, no siblings there, my parents no longer reside in Smith County, and I talk to about a handful of people that I went to HS with there.

I still would like to see Gordonsville win another state title.

Ask anyone who plays for Gordonsville or SC, or any fans of the respective programs, pick one...beating the other county school or winning a state title, I pretty much think I know what the consensus would be on that choice. With that said, it's early in the season, this was one game and the season isn't over. I hope Gville wins the rest, and I'll be checking the scores weekly.

All I've really been saying is I hope the problems that happened last night, don't happen the rest of the season. I know this staff can make the necessary adjustments to make this team successful. I just hope it happens.

All I've really been saying is I hope the problems that happened last night, don't happen the rest of the season. I know this staff can make the necessary adjustments to make this team successful. I just hope it happens.

it is a shame the game went down like that.fcs will be a tough one. tc will be better than what we played last night. no reason not to have won last night. i think it is a confidence problem that needs to be worked out. whatever, time to focus on fcs and nothing more.

It helps Creasy when your ex head coach is the superintendent, doesn't it? That is all I am trying to say. I don't think Marshall has the same kind of support from the higher ups and you have to have that to make it all work. Also when you have some gold balls under your belt, you are going to get your way. Hope we can do the same one of these days.

Good luck to the Jackets and take care of our Coach Jackson.

Yes it does. The ex-coach loves football. That makes a difference compared to someone who hasn't

been there-done that. Somewhat like the old "which came first, the chicken or the egg". Do gold

balls get you your way, or does getting your way get gold balls? Probably both.

Can't speak to Marshalls' support, but glad to have Coach Jackson with us.

Good luck to the Tiggers the rest of the season....except, well, you know. LOL Hope you get you

another gold ball. You kicked our butt on the way to the last one...... 8 & 2 will still

get you there, tho. Take it out on FCS!!

I was reading in my book and it seems that Smith County has some big ole boys and Gordonsville was not able to knock a hole in the line for that Woodmore boy to run through. Let me ask you a question. Why did that coach at Gordonsville not try to get that Woodmore boy outside and let him run wide? I garuntee you that he could have run outside better than inside. You think im joking cause im not. That coach at Gordonsville should have run the halfback option throwback to the passer play. I garuntee you that would have tricked them and Gordonsville would have not got shutout. You think im joking cause im not.

it is a shame the game went down like that.fcs will be a tough one. tc will be better than what we played last night. no reason not to have won last night. i think it is a confidence problem that needs to be worked out. whatever, time to focus on fcs and nothing more.

:roflol: I guess we just got lucky again.

:excl:

Still waiting for that "reminder" Mumbojumbo.....You ain't having a hard time trying to "deal with it" are you???? :roflol:

Sorry Termie. Been busy. Been working all day trying to get Medley out from under the bus.

I've now seen the error of my ways. Go Spotted Als(Owls)!

Guest Termite

Sorry Termie. Been busy. Been working all day trying to get Medley out from under the bus.

I've now seen the error of my ways. Go Spotted Als(Owls)!

:roflol::roflol: Seems like some have thrown him under there, don't it?

:roflol::roflol: Seems like some have thrown him under there, don't it?

no,that wasnt mark under the bus. you just saw maynords future after he drops a couple to the tigers and everyone realizes the owls will never see past round 3. i have allways heard all good things must come to an end. that seems to have allways been the way thangs go. we cant win them all, you cant win them all. all crap talk aside, friday is over for this year, wish you all the best for the rest.

Guest Termite

:lol:

no,that wasnt mark under the bus. you just saw maynords future after he drops a couple to the tigers and everyone realizes the owls will never see past round 3. i have allways heard all good things must come to an end. that seems to have allways been the way thangs go. we cant win them all, you cant win them all. all crap talk aside, friday is over for this year, wish you all the best for the rest.

Might oughta give him one before you make it a couple pasttiger. :lol: And, might ought to read back a few pages. It's the blue faithful throwing folks under that bus.

You have to get to that 3 round before you get any futher.Getting to the third round is a lot better than other folks get, and it gives ya'll a chance to come watch another game or two. I've always heard never say never.

Like you say, all good things come to an end. The "this is the year" has come to an end, and it's a good thing, over here anyway.

I'm for the Tigers every game but 1. I know a lot of people, most of the players, all the coaches and got a few kin over there. Win the rest and especially put a whooping on FC and TC. :thumb: