Maryville @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

Who wins?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Cats or Rebels?

• Oak Ridge
    • Maryville

Yep...#64 impressed me last yeer....Evun when Mairvul wuz up last yeer...He continued two play hard....Eye rilly hope thay keep this series goin....Ewe guys should be on tha rise and Mairvul haz sum of thair best classes inn recint memory comin up frum the lower classes..... :thumb:

yeah buddy! i agr you, this series is long overdue... to not keeo it going would be a travesty.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarles always gets the 2nd string QB a lot of playing time . George would rather the 2's get more playing time than to run the score up .

It's too bad that more coaches don't follow GQ's lead on this subject. I think it always pays off somewhere down the line, and it seems he does his best not to embarrass the other team in one sided victories.

I thought the OR defense played a good game, good enough to make a game outta of it, but, five turnovers against any GQ team is gonna result in a loss, I don't know of many teams that have the ability to cash in on turnovers better than Maryville.

I hope OR can turn things around and hopefully playing the younger kids will pay off in future seasons. Can you imagine what last night would have been like if these two teams had been undefeated and both ranked in the top five. Right now, Maryville is doing their part, lets hope OR can reach that same level of play, and the powers to be, make sure this game continues on every year.

Edited by catback

Up until last night I thought Bradley was just overthrowing his receivers but upon further review the receivers are just loafing along and are not getting to their spot on the field. Then the pass is ten yards too long,not Bradley's fault. But since most of them have hands of stone they couldn't catch a cold if you threw it to them. Am I way off base or am I correct?

Up until last night I thought Bradley was just overthrowing his receivers but upon further review the receivers are just loafing along and are not getting to their spot on the field. Then the pass is ten yards too long,not Bradley's fault. But since most of them have hands of stone they couldn't catch a cold if you threw it to them. Am I way off base or am I correct?

I have been trying to figure that one out myself.. I’m not too sure who is a fault but I was scared to death every time he even considered throwing the ball.. You could be right though about the receivers I need to watch the replay. He did a great job running the ball..and running right over a couple of people,

Our D did a great job! I mean there were some hats on hats out there....I would bet there are some people that are sore today.. I wonder if our old number one (LB Coach) had anything to do with the change in attitude?

I don't think your way off base at all, seems to me, that some, not all of the receivers are avoiding contact (or the thought of contact), thus poor routes are being performed. I think that is one reason you saw the Normand kid playing some receiver last night, the kid is a good athlete, and if you watched him on defense last night, you know he's not afraid of making or tacking a lick.

I think you're on to something. At first I thought Rosser was calling a terrible game (deep handoff at the 2yard line). Rocky left, Rocky right.. even after Maryville made the adjustments. But, if OR receivers loaf and can't catch the ball even if they get to it, what choice does OR have other than to run it? The Maryville kids caught everything and a few were bad throws. Maybe run Zulliger a bit more.

I was very disappointed in the OR "fans". 28-14 following the interception return. Big hit on the kickoff. And a tackle for loss. Momentum could be shifting. BUT very few "fans" on thier feet or cheering. I'm sure the players noticed. Sorry to insult, but just because a lot of people go to the game, but it doesn't equate to support.

I don't think your way off base at all, seems to me, that some, not all of the receivers are avoiding contact (or the thought of contact), thus poor routes are being performed. I think that is one reason you saw the Normand kid playing some receiver last night, the kid is a good athlete, and if you watched him on defense last night, you know he's not afraid of making or tacking a lick.

It seems like Oak Ridge is just a player or 2 away from being very special , but I thought that last year too . Your QB is a playmaker , but you guys are right about the passing game , the QB & Receivers are just not in sync . It seems like Blade is a great Defensive coach , but the offense could use more work . All the Blade teams I've seen have headhunters . I think Oak Ridge is headed in the right direction , and I look forward to our rivalry just getting better and better . I keep seeing posts about hoping this series continues .... there's not rumors of us not continuing to play are they ? I hope not , I'm like catback , I could see this series being HUGE ! I could see us having crowds close to Maryville / Alcoa if both teams were ranked real high .

I think you're on to something. At first I thought Rosser was calling a terrible game (deep handoff at the 2yard line). Rocky left, Rocky right.. even after Maryville made the adjustments. But, if OR receivers loaf and can't catch the ball even if they get to it, what choice does OR have other than to run it? The Maryville kids caught everything and a few were bad throws. Maybe run Zulliger a bit more.

I was very disappointed in the OR "fans". 28-14 following the interception return. Big hit on the kickoff. And a tackle for loss. Momentum could be shifting. BUT very few "fans" on thier feet or cheering. I'm sure the players noticed. Sorry to insult, but just because a lot of people go to the game, but it doesn't equate to support.

On the radio, David Clary and Scott Monger were basically begging the crowd the get behind the team at that time.

What's the latest news on Cam Gregg? I'm not positive, but it looked like he was hurt on the stripped reception that was a "roughing the passer" penalty. Looked like a forearm made it through his facemask while trying to recover the fumble.

I know there are just kids, but our recievers need to grow up and catch the ball. Other teams players can do it.