RANDALL COBB LEADS THE NATION IN ALL PURP. YDS.

DTBDP61

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I like Cobb and it's cool he's from Tennessee, I'm a Vols fan. Randall doesn't play defense. Bray, Poole, Hunter, and Moore will tear the Kentucky defense up.

ill admit wildcats defense is down this year,but our problem has been mainly stopping the run,not stopping the pass.i think it will be a high scoring game,hopefully theyll put the ball in cobbs hands this year instead of morgan newtons,if it comes down to KY needing that last T.D to win the game...

Back to the question...why did UT let him get away. FIrst, UT was not very interested because Randall did not have enough stars beside his name, which is a joke in its self.Two....when UT finally did come calling in was very late and had a few spots left. Even then they said Randall was to small to play WR or QB.

OK, stupid once...no, stupid twice...UT told Alcoa's Tyler Robinson he was to small to play TE. He is now the starting TE for KY as a true freshman.

Also.....did you know UT has the TN high school record holder for number of rushing TD's in a season in Alcoa's Jaron Toney? He rushed for twice the yardage and TD's as D. Young. Yet again UT said Toney was to small. Yet he is bigger than Young?? The crazy part is Toney walked on for UT, made the team. Will they give him a chance? He would probably be playing already at KY. Sad.

Field Goal Phil was notorious about letting backyard talent go on to other D1 Schools...

Toki McCray-NC St (Didnt pan out)

Nick Black-Clemson (3/4 year starter)

Ryan Maples-Marshall (3/4 year starter?)

Randall Cobb-Kentucky (God)

Kyrus Lanxter-Kentucky (Starter)

Cade Thompson-South Carolina (Saw playing time, transferred)

Brandon Warren-Florida St (Freshman All American)

Tyler Robinson-Kentucky (Freshman Starter)

Carl Stewart-Auburn (2/3 year Starter)

Randall Cobb needs just 264 more yards to break darren mcfaddens all purpose yards in a single season in the s.e.c.if cobb returns next year hes on track to break tim tebo"s all time sec total touchdowns in a career.the record is 51 t.ds,tebow broke herscell walkers record of 50 t.d"s.

Who is Randall Cobb?

Field Goal Phil was notorious about letting backyard talent go on to other D1 Schools...

Toki McCray-NC St (Didnt pan out)

Nick Black-Clemson (3/4 year starter)

Ryan Maples-Marshall (3/4 year starter?)

Randall Cobb-Kentucky (God)

Kyrus Lanxter-Kentucky (Starter)

Cade Thompson-South Carolina (Saw playing time, transferred)

Brandon Warren-Florida St (Freshman All American)

Tyler Robinson-Kentucky (Freshman Starter)

Carl Stewart-Auburn (2/3 year Starter)

Cade Thompson played at UT Martin after transferring from South Carolina. He wouldn't have played here. Brandon Warren had his shot... He's at UNA... Didn't Ryan Maples play in the Late 90's early 2000's? We were pretty loaded at Wide out during that time frame. Chances are he wouldn't have played. Nick Black was injured thoughout his career so you never know.

I disagree with you only because of the fact that UK is not relevant in the nation. Maybe the SEC bottom three, but not in the nation. Heisman will NEVER come from a team that can't even place top 4 overall in the conference. Randall Cobb is a player, but will never win a Heisman as long as UK is not a power program.

Has this not already happened to Johnny Majors?

Believe ND had a losing record when Hornung won.

Cade Thompson played at UT Martin after transferring from South Carolina. He wouldn't have played here. Brandon Warren had his shot... He's at UNA... Didn't Ryan Maples play in the Late 90's early 2000's? We were pretty loaded at Wide out during that time frame. Chances are he wouldn't have played. Nick Black was injured thoughout his career so you never know.

I dont think Thompson would have played much at UT but he was still D1 Talent in UTs back yard that they didnt even bother with. You really cant say anything about Black cause you dont know if someone is going to be injury prone or not. I thought Maples was a DB and his brother Tyler? was a WideOut (went to UT). From what I understand UT didnt get into the Warren chase until late in the recruiting season. Im pretty sure the same thing went for Cobb. I know UT wanted Carl Stewart to play linebacker but he said he wanted to be a running back. They told him he wasnt big enough and then he starts....AT FULLBACK....for Auburn.

The Vols have missed some great players from the state in the past...for whatever reason. Sometimes, it's due to thinking that they're not as good because they dont have Rivals 4 or 5 stars beside their names. Ridiculous.

UT missed out on all the ones mentioned in this post and more....anyone ever heard of a fella that came out of a small, single A school called Bruceton in W. TN; a fella named Patrick Willis???????

I really hope that Dooley will mix the 4 and 5 stars with football players from the home state more than what's been done in the past.

Looking over someone with the talent of Randall Cobb is inexcusable.

Cobb is a an absolute Don and fun to watch. I realize this isn't "UT's backyard" like Blount County but Avery Williamson is getting some PT as a true frosh as well. He's already the strongest LB on the team. Lot of TN talent that has made it else where.

Being a Texas fan I obviously keep up with their recruiting. It's funny to see how Rivals or Scout will rank a kid and how that changes after Texas offers them. I'm not really sure how much expertise they have or how much work they put in ranking kids or allotting "stars." If Texas offered him he must not be a 3-star, better give him another.

Edited by bulldawgs#1

• 2 weeks later...