Elizabethton @ Alcoa

EHSTrack06

I don't know why it is so difficult for people to realize that Alcoa is already playing up :popcorneater:

Hate to disagree with you, but we actually are not playing up. Or, if we're playing up, there are 3 other teams who are playing up with us: South Greene, Oakhaven, & Bledsoe County. According to the stats that were used for the new classification, Alcoa is the 4th smallest school in 3A while Betsy is the 4th largest.

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/2009Classes.htm

My good friend, Clint Abbott, took the time to figure out what class Alcoa would be in if we had the same multiplier as the private schools, so I'm not going to figure it out because he's a really smart man and I believe him. Answer: 3A for the playoffs

Abbott said it, so it's a PHACT.

Two things:

1st, This is factually incorrect. Here is the link for enrollment. My link You stated that if Alcoa had the same multiplier as a private DI that they would not be 4A. Alcoa has 544, which if multiplied by 1.8 = 979. This is well within the range of 4A, not even close. This is indeed a phact and can't be disputed based on the numbers. Look for yourself.

2nd, Scots50 asked:

scots50, on 21 November 2010 - 03:39 PM, said:

100% of CAK's players are out of zone. You pay tution to go to CAK just as our out of zone players play tution to attend Alcoa. What is the difference? Out of zone vs out of zone.

I agreed with Scots50 completely in his post. There is no difference except a multiplier.

Regardless, my opinion of the multiplier and open zoning does not hinge on what the effect is on CAK. By the time the TSSAA addresses this (if they ever do) CAK will likely be 4A. The issue to me and many others is consistency. Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

What if somebody agreed to give a family cash under the table so they can pay the tuition themselves. Does the TSSAA investigate a families personal finances to see if they can afford to send a kid to a private school? I have heard that this has happened at other schools, not CAK of course.

I could see that as a way of getting around the rule, without getting caught. My guess is someone could raise such an offense to the TSSAA, but I'm not sure the TSSAA has the power to really investigate it? Maybe some of the CAK lawyers could help me out on this one.

I would say that would certainly be a way of getting around the rule. I doubt very seriously that the TSSAA could/would investigate that sort of thing unless someone directly involved in the exchange of money decided to spill the beans. This very thing happened recently at a school in NW Knox County and they were heavily penalized for it. As sanctimonious as it might sound, I would be STUNNED if this sort of thing happened at CAK under Coach Bradley's rein. He dots every "i" and crosses every "t" and won't even speak with you until after you have been through the admissions office. I know that to be a fact from personal experience. I also know that there have been some good ball players that wanted to transfer to CAK recently that for various reasons were not able to gain admission. I'm deeply involved in the athletic program from a volunteer/parent side of things and even the hint of something like this has never come up. But, I'm old enough and have seen enough over the years to know better than to say "never".

what type of seating arangements should we expect when we play on friday night? how big is the vistors stands

From an outsider's perspective: If it's your first trip to the Tornado stadium you will enjoy it. Plenty of visitor seating for a couple of 3A teams. Band burgers and fries are excellent. Alcoa fans are friendly. Parking is pretty good. I would suggest going around back to the visitors parking lot.

Two things:

1st, This is factually incorrect. Here is the link for enrollment. My link You stated that if Alcoa had the same multiplier as a private DI that they would not be 4A. Alcoa has 544, which if multiplied by 1.8 = 979. This is well within the range of 4A, not even close. This is indeed a phact and can't be disputed based on the numbers. Look for yourself.

2nd, Scots50 asked:

scots50, on 21 November 2010 - 03:39 PM, said:

100% of CAK's players are out of zone. You pay tution to go to CAK just as our out of zone players play tution to attend Alcoa. What is the difference? Out of zone vs out of zone.

I agreed with Scots50 completely in his post. There is no difference except a multiplier. Regardless, my opinion of the multiplier and open zoning does not hinge on what the effect is on CAK. By the time the TSSAA addresses this (if they ever do) CAK will likely be 4A. The issue to me and many others is (lack of) consistency. Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

I'm still exhausted from this whirlwind of a season and not ready just yet to put back on the gloves for another round with the Open Zone, D1, multiplier debate with many of my friends from Blount County. But I'll just ditto the above highlighted statements and leave it at that. I hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving. :thumb: I'll be making a special effort to get back from W.KY on Friday to watch the Tornadoes and Cyclones. I'll have to wear my CAK colors but I'll be sitting on the concrete side this week.

I would say that would certainly be a way of getting around the rule. I doubt very seriously that the TSSAA could/would investigate that sort of thing unless someone directly involved in the exchange of money decided to spill the beans. This very thing happened recently at a school in NW Knox County and they were heavily penalized for it. As sanctimonious as it might sound, I would be STUNNED if this sort of thing happened at CAK under Coach Bradley's rein. He dots every "i" and crosses every "t" and won't even speak with you until after you have been through the admissions office. I know that to be a fact from personal experience. I also know that there have been some good ball players that wanted to transfer to CAK recently that for various reasons were not able to gain admission. I'm deeply involved in the athletic program from a volunteer/parent side of things and even the hint of something like this has never come up. But, I'm old enough and have seen enough over the years to know better than to say "never".

I sincerely believe CAK runs an above board program! A true Class Act! The school where this practice was alleged to have happened was in another part of the state. The source was a very reliable administrator in a neighboring region, not an opponent. Never reported to my knowledge, just alleged. It does make you wonder what some would do to win?

As multipliers go, I guess you could apply a multiplier based on the percentage of OOZ players on the roster. I wonder what that percentage should be? Hmmmm...?

Edited by oldhick76

From an outsider's perspective: If it's your first trip to the Tornado stadium you will enjoy it. Plenty of visitor seating for a couple of 3A teams. Band burgers and fries are excellent. Alcoa fans are friendly. Parking is pretty good. I would suggest going around back to the visitors parking lot.

I posted this on Sat., but figured I'd better say it again:

There will only be a limited amount of band burgers this Friday. Plenty of hot dogs, Tornadoes, nachos, and fries, though. If you haven't tried the chicken sandwich yet, now is a good time to try it; they're really good!