3A Championship Alcoa v. Goodpasture

Some people just don't belong...-Judge Smails  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The winner is....

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Country Club (Goodpasture)
    • Just don't care....OR Hope Alcoa loses, but don't really like Goodpasture either.

On warrens first touchdown you can see #4 step behind one of his players to get out of the way.I recorded the game in my camper and have started watching it again already.When I heard all week about 300lb linemen I have to admit I thought we could have some trouble,but after seeing them I thought there are 300lb linemen and then their are just people who weigh 300lbs.Our guys were just rolling them out of the way.Pun intended.

Hey Twister send me a copy :thumb:

No joke, I think Alcoa has been shunned so much my UT in the past and they've seen what Cobb has done in Kentucky that most of them (that have the talent) would rather go up there and play.

I agree with this,but that was under fulmer.If Dooley showed some interest and let them know how bad we need them.I think they would listen.He may be able to convince them that no kid in Tennessee would be taken for granted again.Cobb would have been in orange today if it were not for fulmer taking it for granted that all he had to do was show up at the last moment with an offer and cobb would stumble all over himself.All kids want to feel like they are special and that the team needs them.Fulmer made a big big mistake,but hey he aint there anymore.

Edited by MrTwister

Yeah Dec. 3rd 2010...just in case you were wondering it will be on Dec. 2nd in 2011.....unless the TSSAA does something to add another round of playoffs. You will probably still be talking about coulda, shoulda, wouldas,....lol :roflolk:

Glad you cleared that up but I don't worry about woulda, coulda, shouldas. I'm very comfortable with my opinion of where GoodPasture, Milan, Camden, etc... stack up with ETN 3A football. CAK, Loudon and Polk are certainly better than what "the best of the rest" presently have to offer. None of us are as good as Alcoa so I'll leave it at that. I'm sure your tart response above is merely compensating for some sort of inferiority complex.

Alcoa was winning that game no matter what. The players were bigger,more athletic and definitely faster. I saw at least 3 D1 guys out there in skilled positions. They are very well coached to. Hard to beat a team like that. GP just does not have that many horses. I watched them play better games this year, but even if they played their best, no way were they beating Alcoa. Great job to both teams. GP keep your head up you fought hard this year. Alcoa congrats on a great year.

I'm not believing that those linemen were 300 pounds. #55 maybe, but I'm not buying the others. I think GP needs to calibrate the scales. Condition those guys and have them lose a little weight and gain some muscle, and you might have some decent football players.

#3 for GP was good; our guys definitely had problems tackling him.

Will we be back at TTU next year? Don't know. Just basking in #12 right now.

Congrats to the Tornadoes! And, to GP: Don't say we didn't warn you. And, the state championship was played 2 weeks ago...the semis and finals were just a formality.

Edited by tornadogold

I want to know if you are serious because according to Alcoa the championship was played there a few weeks ago. Now I'm sorry if your boys are no longer playing football but maybe that's their fault. If you think football is easy in Midstate maybe you should win more and find out. Just like Alcoa will on Friday. Otherwise if you can't caught the ship I guess you stay home.

:bored:

Congratulations Alcoa Tornadoes on another dominant performance and an amazing run!!confty1.gif

Just a friendly reminder to the CoachT community that it is not the GP players' fault that some of their posting fans wrote a check that their players couldn't cash. These high school kids had a great season and a lot to be proud of.

Edited by Govolsknox

Good Luck Alcoa !! Let's show em what Blount County Football's all about . Starz gettin Jiggy with the "2 hipe" ...Hilarious ! I can just picture him and Momma doing the Bump to 2 Hipe ... just like the old " Uncle Sams " disco days !

" Aint gonna bump...no more ... with no big Phat Woman "

Pep inn remimbranse and cellybrashun fer tha 'Naders......And also tha old daze and tha little Disco inn Alcouh behind Costnur-Eagletun, (that used two be a church and then turned intwo Harrison's).....Eye thank thats whur '78 got hiz furst shovel.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

First off CAK has a fine football team.Secondly they see us twice a year for the past several years.They know you have to adapt and do the things in the off season.CAK has some athletes just like ALCOA,and when I say that I mean everyone.Its not enough to just have fast backs and speedy recievers you have to be athletic everywhere on the team.CAK is closing the gap,wheather they can outmatch us is still a question.I dont see ALCOA giving that up too soon,but I dont see CAK backing down either.These games will continue to be a battle.

Thank you MrTwister for your kind comments. But I'll keep this directed towards the Tornadoes, after all, it is your party tonight. Alcoa deserves all the accolades they get. It seems almost unfair that any one team can be so dominant, but thats what you get when you get good athletes, good support, good coaching, and hard work. The Tornadoes have set the bar extremely high. Goodpasture may think they got a full dose of the F5 tonight but they really didn't. As good as #29 is he doesn't physically punish you like #2 or #1. Let the Cougars try 4 Qtrs of #1 running behind #2 blocking behind that OL over and over and over. Then dust themselves off and go at it again 3 weeks later. The score may not be any worse, but the physical pounding could have been much worse IMHO. I couldn't help but giggle when I read the poster who said he was confident that the Cougars could handle Alcoa's running game. I thought "Dude, you're just another uninformed fan that will soon be enlightened". Congrats again! While I wish it were my school holding that trophy I'm glad it went to a school that we have great respect for and earns all the praise they get.

• Upvote 1

This will be my last post before the game. I am leaving work today at noon. I hope there are some good seats left when I get there. I know the boys on both sides will be ready. All this smack is funny and entertaining, but it does'nt mean anything. What matters is what team makes the most plays today. I know the smack talkers know this, but I hope they have enough integrity to post after the game and give Goodpasture there respect if they win! As they say in the investment commercials "Past performance does not guarentee future success!" I think if Goodpasture opens up the play book and throws they ball more than they run it, they will win. If they get to conservative, they will lose. I am confident that Goodpasture will be able to stop the run of Alcoa. I just don't know how they will do against the Alcoa passing game. I don't even know if Alcoa has a good passing game. I have not seen them play since last year. I hope everyone gets to the game safe, and I wish good health to all the players. Not only in this game, but to all the boys playing this weekend. Go Cougars!

I think now you probably have an idea of what those of us who have seen the Tornadoes up close and personal were saying. Alcoa may very well be the best team in the state regardless of division this year. What you may not realize is that GP only got about a 1/3 dose of D. Warren #1. As good as #29 is, as good as #2 is, they are not in the same league as #1. It appears that Rankin did not feel the need to run Warren nearly the quantity of times that he ran in a couple of other games. He is a man. I don't claim to be an expert, but Warren looks like D1 material at RB to me. The physical way he runs, coupled with a guy who is 6-2 225 pounds, running behind the best line in the state and a 235 pound fullback is really something in HS football, and especially in 3A football. It is fortunate that he didn't carry the ball 25 - 30 times tonight.

(just saw FBD's post above, and all I can say is, "great minds think alike.")

Edited by Govolsknox