District 14A Tournament

mrbigster

On your comment on the second game.... keep in mind that UC is without 2 starters. LC should've blown them out. I do agree that Greenfield can beat UC Saturday night.

Allen was out.Who was the other starter that was out?I told Coach Barger tonight that this was going to be the excuse.It's the same Union City team that they had the first half of the season but added Allen just a few weeks ago.That same team had beaten Trenton,Greenfield and Lake Co erlier in a tournament in Ill by about 3 points.Keep on dissing Lake Co.Remembe rthey are the only team that has beaten Middleton,played Humboldt close both times,beat Trenton by 21 and about 16 points.Have no seniors starting.And by the way..if thing go right...they could be a lot beeter in a week or so..maybe not..but maybe.. So maybe we had a starter out also..

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can make the excuses about 2 starters out but Allen is the only one that did not play. Some question whether he should have even been playing or notafter being dismissed earlier those include some UC people I have talked with as well.People forget that LC beat this UC team in Tiptonville with the Allen kid and were ahead by 18 at one point in the 3rd quarter of that game as well. Just a question has Sisco and UC been put in a running clock situation ever?? It was a dominant performance by the Falcons and they earned it. See this team coming together ever since the Middleton game. As far as the consolation game it is risk by trying to lose to Greenfield especially if LC can find a way to pull the upset of Humboldt. Then you end up in their bracket anyway those things can backfire. LC has played Humboldt as well as anyone losing by 3 and 6 in the two games. Always tuff to beat a team 3 times and LC is playing pretty good right now. As I said earlier Humboldt is the favorite and should be b/c they have earned it but anything can happen in tournament basketball.

They can make the excuses about 2 starters out but Allen is the only one that did not play. Some question whether he should have even been playing or notafter being dismissed earlier those include some UC people I have talked with as well.People forget that LC beat this UC team in Tiptonville with the Allen kid and were ahead by 18 at one point in the 3rd quarter of that game as well. Just a question has Sisco and UC been put in a running clock situation ever?? It was a dominant performance by the Falcons and they earned it. See this team coming together ever since the Middleton game. As far as the consolation game it is risk by trying to lose to Greenfield especially if LC can find a way to pull the upset of Humboldt. Then you end up in their bracket anyway those things can backfire. LC has played Humboldt as well as anyone losing by 3 and 6 in the two games. Always tuff to beat a team 3 times and LC is playing pretty good right now. As I said earlier Humboldt is the favorite and should be b/c they have earned it but anything can happen in tournament basketball.

I told Coach B tonight with about a minute left to play,that was going to be the excuses.Even the radio show kinda touched on it but said it was the worst Union City performance that he thought he had seen.Also Halls played Union City close twice and lost last week to Union city by about 7 points.With Allen,Cox and Stewart.A couple nights later ,Lake Co beat Halls by close to 50 points.Pioneer never answered who the other starter was besides Allen.I really want to know.And if he says Stewart was hurt and basically shoudn't have started..then why was he playing?Why would a coach play a kid that wasn't capable or shouldn't have been playing?If so..then doesn't seem like the coach is thinking about his player.Is Pioneer a Doctor now?Just curious to Pioneer's answer to Lake Co beating Trenton very bad..Halls very bad..And Union City losing to Trenton with all the players and Halls playing them close also.Just give Lake Co a little credit.

bigster, some of your posts are ignorant and I'm beginning to lose respect towards your post. I sat with UC people tonight and was told 2 starters were out. What 2 they were, I'm clueless. I wasn't making an excuse for UC. Greenfield just got on here bashing UC and Sisco and I'm a huge Sisco fan. UC WAS NOT better than Lake Co. tonight! Does this make you and your LC buddies happy? Hate on me because I don't agree with alot you say. Hate on UTM because me and McMillan know each other :roflol: You take this stuff way too far man. And for the record, 1 player WOULD NOT have made a 36 point difference. Therefor, LC won fair and square. Congratulations on your thumping over UC. Bash Sisco and company while you can because they'll be back in years to come, just look at their jr. high team.

Edited by GCPioneer

GC Pioneer thanks for stating the obvious and you being a Sisco fan clears alot of stuff up for me!! :roflol: As they say birds of a feather.... :thumb:

LOL, he's crazy over there on the sidelines and I love it, lol. As crazy as he seems, he gets ALOT of respect from his players. How many state championships has he won? Undefeated season? How many players of his have gone to play college ball? He's a GREAT coach whether people like him or not. Congrats to LC tonight though. You guys did look very good in the first half I saw. There was no reason to stay for the second half. You guys looked good and good luck to you guys against Humboldt!

This UC team sux...Worst one in some time...

There is NO EXCUSE for Union City to lose by 36 points to another 1A team...None...

They just weren't ready to play...

Greenfieldfan, I almost hope your Yellow Jackets do win in the consolation game...Somebody needs to put this team out of it's misery...

Talent runs in cycles...UC had a great run...Won a couple more state titles...The talent pool dropped off severely...As bad as this bunch was it was still better in the regular season than anyone other than Humboldt (UC had beaten LC two out of three BTW)...

Anyway, we'll see if this bunch has any ounce of pride when they play Greenfield for 3rd place...

**EDIT**...Before I get bashed, LC must have been really ready to play...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Allen was out.Who was the other starter that was out?I told Coach Barger tonight that this was going to be the excuse.It's the same Union City team that they had the first half of the season but added Allen just a few weeks ago.That same team had beaten Trenton,Greenfield and Lake Co erlier in a tournament in Ill by about 3 points.Keep on dissing Lake Co.Remembe rthey are the only team that has beaten Middleton,played Humboldt close both times,beat Trenton by 21 and about 16 points.Have no seniors starting.And by the way..if thing go right...they could be a lot beeter in a week or so..maybe not..but maybe.. So maybe we had a starter out also..

Are you saying the kid from FC might get to play ??... :unsure:

The lady with the son that plays for FC that told me he was going back to LC also said the reason he was going back was because he was not passing in school and she asked me how a kid in KY that was about to be ineligible could go back to Tennessee and play...She said he was talking about going to LC and play during the tournaments...

He'll help out...That's for sure...

Stewart played tonight and the other starter was Allen.They were without Allen.That's the only starter.Sisco is not playing Stewart tomorrow so he can rest him and not injuring himself anymore.He is not trying to dodge Humboldt. They are going to have to beat Humboldt or Lake Co in the regional semis either way.Great game by Lake Co, can't take that away from you.

On your comment on the second game.... keep in mind that UC is without 2 starters. LC should've blown them out. I do agree that Greenfield can beat UC Saturday night.

Pioneer,

Please dont defend the coach, that was the most unprepared Union City team that I have ever seen. You can win at Union City in Single A without a coach with as much talent that they have year in and year out. The coach is the most arrogant guy that I know and most people will say the same thing. Most everyone in the gym enjoyed the game last night watching the coach get humbled. As for you saying you are a Sisco fan, that tells me alot about you.

Personally tonight is a big game for me, it would kill the coach for little Greenfield to beat Union City but if it happens he will act like he did it on purpose to avoid Humboldt. The coach had better find a way to avoid Lake County because Lake County is the best team in the district.

Greenfield over Union City & Lake County over Humboldt tonight.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

bigster, some of your posts are ignorant and I'm beginning to lose respect towards your post. I sat with UC people tonight and was told 2 starters were out. What 2 they were, I'm clueless. I wasn't making an excuse for UC. Greenfield just got on here bashing UC and Sisco and I'm a huge Sisco fan. UC WAS NOT better than Lake Co. tonight! Does this make you and your LC buddies happy? Hate on me because I don't agree with alot you say. Hate on UTM because me and McMillan know each other :roflol: You take this stuff way too far man. And for the record, 1 player WOULD NOT have made a 36 point difference. Therefor, LC won fair and square. Congratulations on your thumping over UC. Bash Sisco and company while you can because they'll be back in years to come, just look at their jr. high team.

I could care less if you have lost respect for my post.You are the one that is ALWAYS putting Lake Co down.You have always been against T.T. and Lake Co.Very high on Miss Basketball from Jackson Co and she is the real deal I'm sure but seems like Clay Co must have done pretty good.Then you came on and said Lake Co should have won with two starters out.I knew it wasn't two starters out.I have seen U.C. play several times.I watched the same U.C. team that played last night play Dyer Co..without Allen.Was a good game the first half..Then you predicted that Bradford would beat Lake Co girls.Lake Co had already beaten them twice and the last game by 31 points.Would you have predicted that if our girls had Gibson co on htem.Then last night you predicted that Greenfield would have a great chance to beat Humboldt in the region if they played.That's the same Greenfield team that Lake Co has beaten twice.And then you said ..Well Lake Co should have beaten U.C. with two starters out .Think about your post.Predicting Greenfield to beat a team that has beaten them 3 times..A Greenfield team that has lost to Lake Co twice but yet..Lake Co should have beaten U.c.No..I have lost respecdt for your post.You have been against Lake Co at every turn.Your post haven't made any sense really.Just that you don't seem to like Lake Co.And someone that is suppose to know so much.Should have known before you post that there was only 1 starter out.I did.Maybe know the facts before you post.and if Stewart wasn't healthy enough to play..he shouldn't have been on the floor.I'm not bashing Cisco or Union City.Just one of those nights.But you always have something negative about Lake Co.I have lost respect for a lot of your posts.For not knowing things before you post..thinking that Greenfield will beat Humboldt and Lake Co basically can't .