Smith Co. travels to Gordonsville

croz6110

cpa it was a sweep right and manning was tackled on the right hash. it was said in the post game interview that it was because of the angle.

yes the backs are young but lets be fair, gordonsville was in the backfield all night. not much running room.

dropped passes was a problem, one that would have probably been a td.

gordonsville played well. dominated the los. i was ready to eat crow, but somehow escaped that.

if smith county brings the same to the game next week, it could get ugly for them.

i'm sure la was there and liked what they saw.

a win is a win, but man, gordonsville played well.

Gville shot themselves in the foot numerous times and had chances to score and to win it but turnovers are killers, 3-1 in SC's favor I believe. I enjoyed this game very much and was impressed with SC's defense, they were on the field a lot and still kept Gville scoreless.

The fumbled snap was a killer, along with the muffed punt.

cpa it was a sweep right and manning was tackled on the right hash. it was said in the post game interview that it was because of the angle.

yes the backs are young but lets be fair, gordonsville was in the backfield all night. not much running room.

dropped passes was a problem, one that would have probably been a td.

gordonsville played well. dominated the los. i was ready to eat crow, but somehow escaped that.

if smith county brings the same to the game next week, it could get ugly for them.

i'm sure la was there and liked what they saw.

a win is a win, but man, gordonsville played well.

Last comment, because i don't want to beat a dead horse:

1. I was sitting in endzone. I could be wrong, but I thought the last play was run from near the center of the field - a sweep type play right, and tackled on the right hash. Film will prove me wrong, I guess.

2. If you only need a FG to win, and you are concerned about the kicker's angle, run the 3rd down play to either score or position yourself to be in the middle of the field. A very common strategy in football in these circumstances. Especially when your run has been snuffed the whole game. Coach M. could have controlled the kick angle on 3rd down.

1. I was sitting in endzone. I could be wrong, but I thought the last play was run from near the center of the field - a sweep type play right, and tackled on the right hash. Film will prove me wrong, I guess.

2. If you only need a FG to win, and you are concerned about the kicker's angle, run the 3rd down play to either score or position yourself to be in the middle of the field. A very common strategy in football in these circumstances. Especially when your run has been snuffed the whole game. Coach M. could have controlled the kick angle on 3rd down.

The 4th down play was off-tackle to the left from the right hash, I believe.

I really don't know. I would think somewhere in between. It was a defensive struggle. I guess time will tell if both defenses are good or both offenses are not very good.

This game is always hard to figure out, like last year. Like you said, it's still a bit early to

grade anybody. Stay tuned, I guess.

You are right the previous play was near the center of the field. Yeah...I don't know where the play was designed to go...but it did end up on the right hash.

cpa fair analysis...but if he missed 3 extra points the week before...would that change your philosophy when it's 3rd down and 2 and half when your offensive line averages 300 lbs.

maybe so...and if so...then that would be your call.

and if your tackled on the right hash? where do you think they put the ball? on the right hash!

cpa fair analysis...but if he missed 3 extra points the week before...would that change your philosophy when it's 3rd down and 2 and half when your offensive line averages 300 lbs.

maybe so...and if so...then that would be your call.

and if your tackled on the right hash? where do you think they put the ball? on the right hash!

He has a kicker. He trusted him to make the PAT in OT. He has 3 downs from about the 5 to control the position on the field. The 300# linemen had not opened holes all night, especially on that last series of downs.

SO, my call is to get the ball to the middle of the field on 3rd down, then kick, otherwise, give up your kicking game and go for 2 the rest of the season.

And I thought he was tackled on the last play (not 3rd down) on the right hash.

Edited by CPA4Ever