5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

Clarksville High and Northeast are also in Quad 4. Also...I don't feel that there are enough 5A teams West of Paris that will qualify. It would take of course 8 to move HC into Quad 3...I don't think there's enough teams to do so.

Thanks, I am a Dyer County fan and was wondering how that would play out. I would imagine if we get to play HC then we will probably be getting ready for basketball season the following week. They are the only team in the West I wouldn't give the Choctaws a chance against but, you never know.

Edited by dcballas

I agree with whoever said that too many classes = watered down football. Way too many teams make the play-offs that don't deserve too. 5A will have many weak teams. Obviously only the best ones will survive three or four weeks. But, way too many that don't belong. Being a state champion is great and every team should be proud. But, it ain't what it used to be. Go back to 3 classes!

I agree with whoever said that too many classes = watered down football. Way too many teams make the play-offs that don't deserve too. 5A will have many weak teams. Obviously only the best ones will survive three or four weeks. But, way too many that don't belong. Being a state champion is great and every team should be proud. But, it ain't what it used to be. Go back to 3 classes!

I 2nd

I 2nd

I know what you guys mean. Back when I played, just making the playoffs and maybe winning a game there was considered a very successful season for the vast majority of schools, and you usually had to be pretty dang good in order to do so.

I agree that there are too many classifications nowadays, but I'd be in favor of 4 classes.. The population has blossomed in many, many areas around the state, and there are many more schools these days than there were in the 3 class days. I would set it up as this:

1A = 500 or less enrollment

2A = 500-1,000 enrollment

3A = 1,000-1,500 enrollment (include smaller private schools in this class)

4A = 1,500 or more enrollment (include larger private schools in this class)

Just my take.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, Prez. This is just an important topic to me. Carry on.

GWAVE1...I love your posts...but if this is what you remember....then you're memory is not very good.

My memory is actually very good. I don't want it to turn into a Henry Co/Gallatin thing but for the record. Henry Co along with Morristown East petitioned the TSSAA to subdivide the classifications before the teams decide to move up or down to prevent having to play up with an enrollment of 1460 if I am correct. Which would have had them the smallest 6-A school. Actually not a bad proposal but it is what it is. Like I stated before, just win against whomever is in front of you. Personally I really don't care. Heck nobody wanted to put Gallatin on their schedule. Columbia, Shelbyville, Tullahoma, White Co, just to name a few 5-A's turned us down thus we end up playing 6-A's Oakland and Brentwood. Big deal, lets just play the game.

I do like an intelligent argument QBclubPrez, most cannot do that on here. I enjoy your posts too.

Now back to who gets in and who gets left out!

My memory is actually very good. I don't want it to turn into a Henry Co/Gallatin thing but for the record. Henry Co along with Morristown East petitioned the TSSAA to subdivide the classifications before the teams decide to move up or down to prevent having to play up with an enrollment of 1460 if I am correct. Which would have had them the smallest 6-A school. Actually not a bad proposal but it is what it is. Like I stated before, just win against whomever is in front of you. Personally I really don't care. Heck nobody wanted to put Gallatin on their schedule. Columbia, Shelbyville, Tullahoma, White Co, just to name a few 5-A's turned us down thus we end up playing 6-A's Oakland and Brentwood. Big deal, lets just play the game.

I do like an intelligent argument QBclubPrez, most cannot do that on here. I enjoy your posts too.

Now back to who gets in and who gets left out!

GWAVE...for the record...this is "precisely" what happened...and the timeline! The TSSAA introduced the "Z-plan" and the classifications..dividing the public schools into 3 classes..A, AA, and AAA. Then..each of those 3 classes were subdivided into 6 postseason classes. After this was announced, Henry County and Morristown West were the largest schools in 5A with enrollments of 1460 and 1462 respectively. Every public school then had 2 weeks to request to the TSSAA that their school elected to move up in classification. During this two week period, Memphis Mitchell and the new West Creek High School in Clarksville both notified the TSSAA that they had elected to jump up in classification. (it made perfect sense for both to do so) However..based on their decision, their move caused to other schools to change classification. Morristown West and Henry County's position was that "you are what your enrollment says you are." If Morristown West and Henry County had been 6A from the beginning...so be it. Both schools would have been 6A. BUT..being 5A..then due to the "choice" of 2 others...those schools now become 6A...the TSSAA Board of Control "unanimously" said that should not happen. You haven't said this...but does that sound like whining to you? Many have said that very thing...again..not the GWAVE!

Now..can your Wave beat Beech? If so...the Wave looks to be number 1 in Quad 3!

Edited by QBClubPrez

GWAVE...for the record...this is "precisely" what happened...and the timeline! The TSSAA introduced the "Z-plan" and the classifications..dividing the public schools into 3 classes..A, AA, and AAA. Then..each of those 3 classes were subdivided into 6 postseason classes. After this was announced, Henry County and Morristown West were the largest schools in 5A with enrollments of 1460 and 1462 respectively. Every public school then had 2 weeks to request to the TSSAA that their school elected to move up in classification. During this two week period, Memphis Mitchell and the new West Creek High School in Clarksville both notified the TSSAA that they had elected to jump up in classification. (it made perfect sense for both to do so) However..based on their decision, their move caused to other schools to change classification. Morristown West and Henry County's position was that "you are what your enrollment says you are." If Morristown West and Henry County had been 6A from the beginning...so be it. Both schools would have been 6A. BUT..being 5A..then due to the "choice" of 2 others...those schools now become 6A...the TSSAA Board of Control "unanimously" said that should not happen. You haven't said this...but does that sound like whining to you? Many have said that very thing...again..not the GWAVE!

Now..can your Wave beat Beech? If so...the Wave looks to be number 1 in Quad 3!

Gallatin cannot get a #1 due to Antioch winning their district. The best we can hope for is a #2. But I think Gallatin can beat Beech but first they have to beat Portland.

Disclaimer: I am assuming that Melrose loses to Whitehaven tomorrow. The only shake up would be Station Camp and Anderson Co. bumped out and being replaced by Hamilton and Daniel Boone. Of course SC was not able to affect their standing with the bye week tonight. The last spot (Daniel Boone) was between the 3 win teams: SC, And Co., Daniel Boone, Kenwood, Munford, Hillwood, and White Co. Daniel Boone got the spot over Kenwood on the 3rd tiebreaker, victories over teams with a winning record.