Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

Well I was just going to get on here and say congrats on the season, but now I feel compelled to address some of these recent comments.

If you are not from Trousdale, don't put our name in your mouth on an SC thread. That's our job to jab them for not playing us, not yours. Quit using us as your crutch!!

As for the strength of schedule....well I can see both sides of it. Did your non-region opponents prepare you for the playoffs? I'd say 1.5 did, 2.5 didn't. Big time games get you prepared for big time games. At the same time, did playing 5A Warren Central help prepare us? Not sure. That game did make Macon County look like they were tied up, but it probably will have no bearing otherwise. I think our playoff runs over the last three years probably helps prepare us more than anything else.

Rocking Chair...are you kin to Maynard or something? What's your beef with Trousdale? Slim get under your skin, or are you letting the fine folks from G'ville and Macon County get you in a fuss with all the Trousdale dodging talk? Mashed Grapes, huh? What do you think PC would do to your Cats? What do you think we would do to your Cats? Do a little comparing of some scores of common opponents between us, SC, and LA before you start spewing at the mouth. Last but not least, if I'm not mistaken, I think we have already proven that we can play on your level with a great deal of success. Not saying we could win 3A this year by any stretch, but I do think we could have won your district!! You are better, and smarter, than what you have shown over the last few days. That is all.

way put out there seven and for em owls it round ball time for yall or u more then welcome to come to the creekbank .

You have no control over your region schedule but you generally have a pretty good idea on what the teams will bring to the table year in and year out. I just think it would make sense to try to schedule a team or two that will show you something that you normally don't see during the regular season. If that means you have to play an inner city Nashville school or a private school or even a 5 or 6A school that might beat you by 20, so be it.

If Smith County honestly starts looking into upgrading their schedule, please call CAK. No chest thumping, no pretense that we think we are world beaters, etc... We are honestly having a nightmare of a time filling out our schedule every 2 years. The two coaches may mutually agree that it wouldn't be a good idea but I think Coach Bradley would be willing to entertain another high quality 3A matchup rather than having to travel to KY or completely into Nashville to play a 6A school. Especially if this game could be scheduled early so there is some time between games if these two ever met in the playoffs. CAK plays by the rules, no scholarship athletes and an enrollment of just over 400 students. We would give you a good look at a passing offense and Smith County could give us another look at a high quality team. Just throwing it out there selfishly since I know CAK is in a pickle trying to schedule games that are reasonable.

Well I was just going to get on here and say congrats on the season, but now I feel compelled to address some of these recent comments.

If you are not from Trousdale, don't put our name in your mouth on an SC thread. That's our job to jab them for not playing us, not yours. Quit using us as your crutch!!

As for the strength of schedule....well I can see both sides of it. Did your non-region opponents prepare you for the playoffs? I'd say 1.5 did, 2.5 didn't. Big time games get you prepared for big time games. At the same time, did playing 5A Warren Central help prepare us? Not sure. That game did make Macon County look like they were tied up, but it probably will have no bearing otherwise. I think our playoff runs over the last three years probably helps prepare us more than anything else.

Rocking Chair...are you kin to Maynard or something? What's your beef with Trousdale? Slim get under your skin, or are you letting the fine folks from G'ville and Macon County get you in a fuss with all the Trousdale dodging talk? Mashed Grapes, huh? What do you think PC would do to your Cats? What do you think we would do to your Cats? Do a little comparing of some scores of common opponents between us, SC, and LA before you start spewing at the mouth. Last but not least, if I'm not mistaken, I think we have already proven that we can play on your level with a great deal of success. Not saying we could win 3A this year by any stretch, but I do think we could have won your district!! You are better, and smarter, than what you have shown over the last few days. That is all.

It's none of your business what I say or what team I support that's my business. SOS yours is pitiful. So I wouldn't be spewing off your LICKER about somebody else's.

Yes mashed grapes is exactly what PC would do to your beloved Jacket's. And you know

it. Yeah I remember you all playing up a few years back so you could dodge the private schools. Now since they watered down the play-offs you go back down to avoid ALCOA..CAK and the others. Typical Trousdale mindset. Like I said you all are just a pretty good 1A school that beats up on the little guys. Shoot you don't play anybody during the regular season and then get a bye in the play-offs and next thing you know your out there with a chance to win the coveted Gold Ball. I 'll give you one thing you guys are alot smarter than most people think.

But I had rather lose to a good team than beat up on Pickett RBS Clay Jackson and Monterey. I know you dont't have a choice but that's nothing to brag about. I believe it was fat boy slim bragging about your record 83 and 4 wow you guys should really be proud. So no I don't have any beef with TC or anyone from TC because in my book you all are just a bunch of front runners beating up on the inferior teams. nuff said :thumb:

It's none of your business what I say or what team I support that's my business. SOS yours is pitiful. So I wouldn't be spewing off your LICKER about somebody else's.

Yes mashed grapes is exactly what PC would do to your beloved Jacket's. And you know

it. Yeah I remember you all playing up a few years back so you could dodge the private schools. Now since they watered down the play-offs you go back down to avoid ALCOA..CAK and the others. Typical Trousdale mindset. Like I said you all are just a pretty good 1A school that beats up on the little guys. Shoot you don't play anybody during the regular season and then get a bye in the play-offs and next thing you know your out there with a chance to win the coveted Gold Ball. I 'll give you one thing you guys are alot smarter than most people think.

But I had rather lose to a good team than beat up on Pickett RBS Clay Jackson and Monterey. I know you dont't have a choice but that's nothing to brag about. I believe it was fat boy slim bragging about your record 83 and 4 wow you guys should really be proud. So no I don't have any beef with TC or anyone from TC because in my book you all are just a bunch of front runners beating up on the inferior teams. nuff said :thumb:

The Goat asks: Would 3A PC be proud of beating up on little old 2A TC?

Edited by mancoverage
  • Upvote 1

Dang good post!!

My last thought on the schedule.

The only ones that were questionable was Warren and White Counties, they are consistently bad.

Heck Warren lost to a 1A school that lost in the first round.

The other non-district games are typically tough, and like TC and Gville in 1A, you have to play who's in our region or district.

There were a couple of horrible teams in SC and LA's district as well.

As far as the game and the end of the season, I honestly hate it for the Owls.

I was almost as disappointed when they lost as if had been Gville.

For what it's worth you could replace Trousdale with Smith and your ramblings ,for the most part, will still hold true, besides the gold balls of course.

Edited by Steno

For what it's worth you could replace Trousdale with Smith and your ramblings ,for the most part, will still hold true, besides the gold balls of course.

rocking chairs bromance with maynord blinds him to these obvious facts, steno. not to mention that he claims that trousdale is just a pretty good 1a team, yet we beat similar opponents of smith county worse this year (4a and 1a teams)and we beat la's best team ever (3a champs?) a few years back. it begs the question, if trousdale is just a pretty good 1a team what does that make smith county and la in your opinion, rockingchair? :huh:

Your dead wrong there steno. Don't down grade a program like SC and compare them to TC. SC has one of the best programs around and you know it's true.

I don't blame Maynord or whoever is in charge of scheduling teams to play not to play TC. Who with any standards would want to play them. Or has it been to long ago for you to remember what happen when SEVEN 8 or 9 or 10 players had a run in (we will say)with the law and the Players won. I PROMISE YOU those players would have never donned a uniform again if they played for SC. Don't care how many Gold Balls it would have cost them. And I'm not blaming the kids I'm blaming the ones with the control every town has them.

You know sometimes it's bigger than just football. It's about making young men into men. And yeah SNOW FLAKE Jimmy and I go way back and I have always admired him as a player, a friend but mostly a good person. Jimmy has went thru the ranks and runs one of the best programs around. I hope someday he can win the big one. He has been there with Riverdale as a def. cord... one game away while coaching my son at Upperman and now with SC. When it's his time to say he's thru he can look back and say we did it the right way. And that winds it up for me....done with this thread and apologize to all the Owl fans.

Edited by Rocking Chair
  • Upvote 1

Your dead wrong there steno. Don't down grade a program like SC and compare them to TC. SC has one of the best programs around and you know it's true.

I don't blame Maynord or whoever is in charge of scheduling teams to play not to play TC. Who with any standards would want to play them. Or has it been to long ago for you to remember what happen when SEVEN 8 or 9 or 10 players had a run in (we will say)with the law and the Players won. I PROMISE YOU those players would have never donned a uniform again if they played for SC. Don't care how many Gold Balls it would have cost them. And I'm not blaming the kids I'm blaming the ones with the control every town has them.

You know sometimes it's bigger than just football. It's about making young men into men. And yeah SNOW FLAKE Jimmy and I go way back and I have always admired him as a player, a friend but mostly a good person. Jimmy has went thru the ranks and runs one of the best programs around. I hope someday he can win the big one. He has been there with Riverdale as a def. cord... one game away while coaching my son at Upperman and now with SC. When it's his time to say he's thru he can look back and say we did it the right way. And that winds it up for me....done with this thread and apologize to all the Owl fans.

the fact that you chose to ignore my previous question tells me all i need to know about you.

the players maynord caught smoking pot a fews years ago never faced any disciplinary action. i'm not blaming the kids either... like you eluded too, i blame the ones in control, every towns the same, no matter what situations you choose to cast your pompous judgement on and what close to home situations you choose to ignore completely. thumb[1].gif

my apologies to sc fans also i made it point to stay away from our old arguing ways this year and i won't say anything else negative, but i just can't ignore a blowhard hypocrite such as rockingchair.

Edited by snoball5278
  • Upvote 2

I'm not wrong and you know it no matter how much you want to deny it. And Smith does have a very good program, I'm in no way denying that but the simple truth is they play second fiddle to Trousdale in this area. If you don't believe me just ask anybody that's not biased towards either team what program they would say is better and see what their answer is.

SC had a great season. No doubt they probably feel like they underachieved (that sounds crazy going 10-0 during the regular season) or at least i would feel that way (especially after being so successful the first 10 games). Also PC is a good team. A very deceptive 8 seed. And just by looking at this game from the newspaper, SC coulda won it, shoulda won, woulda won had it not been for the TO's. Or thats my opinion. SOS had nothing to do with the loss IMO. I root for SC come playoff time or for that matter every game but 1. Good luck to you. :thumb: